Author Topic: Who is taking money to help buy CoX?  (Read 2714 times)

Baja

• Lieutenant
Who is taking money to help buy CoX?
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
I woke up after another dream about this game, I miss it more than literally anything else I've ever been a part of. I'm just wondering is there a way to contribute to help buying this game? Don't get me wrong I'm not some super rich investor, I'm a miner willing to help out with what I can.

I'm already imagining how amazing a fan-based controlled version of this game would be... So please if you have any information on how to help I'd love to hear it.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Who is taking money to help buy CoX?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:24:12 AM »
Nobody, yet.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »
I woke up after another dream about this game, I miss it more than literally anything else I've ever been a part of. I'm just wondering is there a way to contribute to help buying this game? Don't get me wrong I'm not some super rich investor, I'm a miner willing to help out with what I can.

I'm already imagining how amazing a fan-based controlled version of this game would be... So please if you have any information on how to help I'd love to hear it.

A Kickstarter project for a successor was open late last year:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans

But I'm not aware of anything right now, and nothing specific to the current rumored purchase efforts. Would be very interesting if that group, or a group similar to it (full of CoH lovers) is behind the current efforts.

I'm thinking money is most likely not the issue. The group above raised over a half million bucks in no time for a successor project. It is not a secret that people will give their money and time to help if asked, I know I have and continue to do so anytime I see an effort like this.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 06:44:18 PM »
doesn't sound like its a money issue at this point.  NCSoft will only sell to a group that can prove they can adequately run the game it sounds like.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
No money is wanted at this point. Once it gets started I am going to start a fund for advertising as they may not have much of a budget from the start.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
No money is wanted at this point. Once it gets started I am going to start a fund for advertising as they may not have much of a budget from the start.

Will you take Inf?
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
will this be a kickstarter?
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »
I thought kickstarter was only for new ventures.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »
I thought kickstarter was only for new ventures.
true, but one could call this a new venture :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
If cash is needed from the community I'm sure they'll let us know, but I think right now they're still negotiating a solid offer.  And not to be a wet blanket, but their efforts could still crash and burn.

Baja

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 11:33:01 PM »

Well at this point I'll just say thank you so much for putting in this effort, it definitely adds to my and this communities day. I normally don't visit these forums regularly as it was simply a depressing reminder of the toy I'd never get back, but with this news I'll be here regularly so please keep us posted!

As far as the successors go, I wouldn't put my money towards that. I want CoX not the next best thing. Thank you for posting the link, your efforts are not unappreciated! :P

I pray this all works out!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »
If cash is needed from the community I'm sure they'll let us know, but I think right now they're still negotiating a solid offer.  And not to be a wet blanket, but their efforts could still crash and burn.

No, you are correct. The ball lies entirely with NCSoft. So far they have been doing everything right but I know everyone is walking on eggshells or rice paper trying to work things through and make NCSoft happy. I keep going back to the fact that NCSoft did not have to do this - they could have just said no to all offers and it would never have had a chance.

I do thank them for allowing us to have a chance to get back in the City.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »

Wolf they should think about doing something like Path of Exile just did for their new update

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

This would be a great way to get the Community to support the initial marketing budget a win win for both sides