Author Topic: The old Beta is still showing me new things  (Read 8137 times)

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
The old Beta is still showing me new things
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »
I just noticed that on the old beta the devs (former) had made all the changes to blast sets already. The nukes were getting ready to be crashless with less rech time and less (but still nice) damage. 

In my best Homer voice: Mmmmmm, crashless nukes...

That would/might/will/change things for my imaginary Natural Affinity defender.

Would you pick NA /Elec or /Psy or /BR or /Water.

In the imaginary world of ... ya' know.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: The old Beta is still showing me new things
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »
For me it would be a toss up between Elect or Water.

I am not a fan of Beam Rifle...played one to 50 and shelved it.

While I like Psychic blast... I am not a fan of squishies and melee nukes.

I have always been a fan of electric blast...even though it seemed a bit weaker than other sets....

Water blast is fun and effective and probably the one that goes best with Nature thematically.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »
I'll be in melee a bunch anyway as I want to leverage the pbaoe hold in NA.

My take is

/water would be fun because of all the kdown the set has. lots of potential smash type fun there.

/Psy has all sorts of control in it. Would be very safe and it's fun to play controller with other sets. :)
Plus with fast snipe, it has an incredible single target damage potential (something like 240 DPS... On a Defender?!?!).

/Elec has huge end drain potential which would be very effective in crowds. Imagine stealthing into a crowd/wait for hold to take effect/drain/damage. Plus it has a snipe to fast leverage.

/BR adds to a weak point in NA... it's -regen. It also has a very good single target DPS, but I can't calculate it at all since it relies on disintegrate.
I also have a theory that the disintegrate spread capacity can be leveraged into a decent aoe by respreading. The snipe would help that. Once again I don't really know though.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 01:26:46 AM »
What is crashless?  Is crashing when the top tier nuke drains all your end?

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 01:38:51 AM »
Yep.

It appears they were taking out the crash and I just saw them on the beta Icon.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 04:19:30 AM »
Ya crashless nukes and instant snipe were two things they were adding to the game.  I think there might have been an endurance thing being added to but I could be wrong.  However crashless nukes and instant snipes would have been the only thing that could take my blaster to the next level.  Being able to nuke mid fight and then keep on slugging would have been great.  I always saved my nukes for the last bit of the fight to kill everything in the group and not have to run and hide while I recovered.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 06:08:44 AM »
Ya crashless nukes and instant snipe were two things they were adding to the game.  I think there might have been an endurance thing being added to but I could be wrong.  However crashless nukes and instant snipes would have been the only thing that could take my blaster to the next level.  Being able to nuke mid fight and then keep on slugging would have been great.  I always saved my nukes for the last bit of the fight to kill everything in the group and not have to run and hide while I recovered.

All true, but it's even better than that. Most of the nukes have a synergy with the rest of the blast set.
So, thunderous blast had a huge end drain that could be leveraged with the rest of the set.
Psy Wail has a mag 3 stun which can be used with scrambled thoughts for boss level stuns.
and on and on.

Oh and some of those big blasts that were on a short range have been improved as well. Adding range to them was also on the agenda (and in beta).

Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 07:23:14 AM »
Unfortunately the change did not include the kheldian nukes as well. To your question, one of the major benefits of water is the self heal, which is a little redundant with NA. The extra end drain you could get from electric if slotted right could diversify your survival, and  it has a hold you could stack with Entangling Aura. Its formerly-weak single target damage would benefit greatly from the snipe change as well, whereas beam rifle and psychic don't benefit as much.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
Unfortunately the change did not include the kheldian nukes as well.

Not so sir..

Beta Build 2400.201208211101.1

Epic Archetype Nuke Changes

Peacebringer/Luminous Blast/Dawn Strike: Reduced this power's recharge time from 360 seconds to 145 seconds and gave it a consistent scale 4 damage. Its crash has been removed and it now costs 27.7 endurance.

Warshade/Umbral Blast/Quasar: Reduced this power's recharge time from 360 seconds to 145 seconds and gave it a consistent scale 4 damage. Its crash is fixed. It now costs 27.7 endurance.

Arachnos Widows/Fortunata Training/Psychic Wail: Reduced this power's recharge time from 360 seconds to 145 seconds and gave it a consistent scale 4 damage. It now costs 27.7 endurance.

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 06:49:02 PM »
OMG the one time they were not going to forget the epics and the game shuts down, lol

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 12:45:03 AM »
OMG the one time they were not going to forget the epics and the game shuts down, lol

PB's also got a huge update a few issues earlier.. in fact after those changes my PB went to one of my best creations ever..

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 01:13:30 AM »
 :gonk: I can't believe that the one time they include the epics in a wide-scale fix is the last update and it never went live!!! :gonk:

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:40 AM »
 There is a reason Issue 24 was being called "Issue Fix EVERYTHING"

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 02:48:17 AM »
I want to play!  :P

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 04:32:30 AM »
PB's also got a huge update a few issues earlier.. in fact after those changes my PB went to one of my best creations ever..

Same. Still not perfect, but they made huge improvements.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 04:34:23 AM »
I want to play!  :P

I'm in touch with that emotion.

Been going a little bonkers myself recently with creating builds in mids and costumes in Icon. If we ever get the game back I'm going to be set with new stuff to do/try.

Top of the list include a Dom and a Defender.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
I'm in touch with that emotion.

Been going a little bonkers myself recently with creating builds in mids and costumes in Icon. If we ever get the game back I'm going to be set with new stuff to do/try.

Top of the list include a Dom and a Defender.
I feel the same. It's a bit frustrating to finish an awesome new character in Icon only to think: "hey, now I just have to wait until God-knows-when to put this one into action!" :(

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
Same. Still not perfect, but they made huge improvements.

Well I dont know what "perfect" would entail but the changes were significant. The range distance for all the blasts were made equal..

My final all human build was perma hasten.. perma light form.. perma essence boost.. and perma inner light. And on teams he still got the benefits from Cosmic Balance.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 07:50:20 PM »
They where also buffing Spines Single target damage on scrappers  :'( and Bio armor was going to be fun makes a scrapper shed a :'(.

Then the resistance changes coming to IO's  :gonk:

Ok NCSoft please please sale the game to them 8)

Also do not forget the PPM was coming which was going to change the entire way procs worked

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 09:08:34 PM »
They where also buffing Spines Single target damage on scrappers  :'( and Bio armor was going to be fun makes a scrapper shed a :'(.

Then the resistance changes coming to IO's  :gonk:

Ok NCSoft please please sale the game to them 8)

Also do not forget the PPM was coming which was going to change the entire way procs worked

Holy hand grenades! I had forgotten so much of this.

Cogito, Ergo... eh?