Author Topic: The old Beta is still showing me new things  (Read 8136 times)

Supermax

• Minion
Re: The old Beta is still showing me new things
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 10:42:09 PM »
Don't see any mention of it yet, so I'll add another reminder.

All blaster secondary sets were getting a self heal. For example with /EM, conserve power was being changed to an Energize clone. Along with the snipe and nuke changes, it was going to completely change the blaster AT. I was playing on the Test server a lot around then, and my blaster became truly a completely different character. More damage, and much more survivability.

That's part of the reason the shutdown angered so many. I24 was going to be perhaps the most popular update to date. It was adding so many great things, while ruining nothing. It was the absolute worst time to shut the game down.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »
Blasters weren't getting a "self heal" - they were getting "sustain" powers relevant to their secondary. Some of them were heals, most of them were regeneration/recovery added to a current click/toggle power.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 02:30:46 AM »
Holy hand grenades! I had forgotten so much of this.

All of this is on ParagonWiki

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 02:39:14 AM »
I remember some talk about these changes but I didn't play with them on test.  I think the only thing I tried on test was bio armor.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 04:13:31 AM »
I was really excited about Cloaking Device having its endurance cost removed.  It was rather endurance heavy but also very crucial to have on. Does anyone know if their was content being added as well?  New missions or TF's or anything of that sort.  I didn't see it on the Paragon Wiki so I am assuming i24 was all about fixes and changes.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:26 AM »
Does anyone know if their was content being added as well?  New missions or TF's or anything of that sort.  I didn't see it on the Paragon Wiki so I am assuming i24 was all about fixes and changes.

New content, you ask?!

Signature Story Arc 2: Pandora's Box
1 - Wavelength
2 - Antonio Nash
3 - Flashfire
4 - James Harvan (Hero)
5 - Heldenjaeger

1 - Lastri Kayumanis
2 - Lieutenant Harriman
3 - Socrates
4 - James Harvan (Villain)
5 - Inconspicuous Female #39757

Issue 24
Hero - Shauna Stockwell
Hero - Eagle Eye
Hero - Provost Marchand (3 story arcs)
Vigilante - The Major
Villain - Inside Information
Villain - Mr. G (3 story arcs)
Rogue - Sgt. Schorr
Incarnate - Number Six

Supermax

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 05:58:05 AM »
Blasters weren't getting a "self heal" - they were getting "sustain" powers relevant to their secondary. Some of them were heals, most of them were regeneration/recovery added to a current click/toggle power.

That's exactly what I meant...just didn't phrase it so eloquently. Well ok fine, I forgot :)

Now that you've reminded me, even /EM's power wasn't a very big heal by itself...mostly regen. But with power boost it actually became a decent heal as well.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 08:23:08 PM »
New content, you ask?!

Signature Story Arc 2: Pandora's Box
1 - Wavelength
2 - Antonio Nash
3 - Flashfire
4 - James Harvan (Hero)
5 - Heldenjaeger

1 - Lastri Kayumanis
2 - Lieutenant Harriman
3 - Socrates
4 - James Harvan (Villain)
5 - Inconspicuous Female #39757

Issue 24
Hero - Shauna Stockwell
Hero - Eagle Eye
Hero - Provost Marchand (3 story arcs)
Vigilante - The Major
Villain - Inside Information
Villain - Mr. G (3 story arcs)
Rogue - Sgt. Schorr
Incarnate - Number Six

uhhh bwahhhh twaaa whhaa??  I want to play it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
I was really excited about Cloaking Device having its endurance cost removed.  It was rather endurance heavy but also very crucial to have on. Does anyone know if their was content being added as well?  New missions or TF's or anything of that sort.  I didn't see it on the Paragon Wiki so I am assuming i24 was all about fixes and changes.
Apparently there would be two new power sets, a couple new enchantment sets, along with many Power Pools being revised to make them more viable options.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Issue_24

There's also the new Sorcery power pool available for purchase. They had a bunch of other thematic power pools being developed, apparently (though just Sorcery would be availble with i24).
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Sorcery
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Pools

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »
Apparently there would be two new power sets, a couple new enchantment sets, along with many Power Pools being revised to make them more viable options.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Issue_24

There's also the new Sorcery power pool available for purchase. They had a bunch of other thematic power pools being developed, apparently (though just Sorcery would be availble with i24).
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Sorcery
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Pools

The Sorcery pool was very nice. I used it on a couple of chars (in particular a Bio/Ice tanker) and it's the kind of pool most every player could find a use or 12 for.

Only downside is it is veeeery visually magic. 
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »
The Sorcery pool was very nice. I used it on a couple of chars (in particular a Bio/Ice tanker) and it's the kind of pool most every player could find a use or 12 for.

Only downside is it is veeeery visually magic.
Yep. This would be a great issue for Blasters with a new power set, new healing/recovery powers and getting a power pool with a theme that suits many of their power sets well.

I really was eager to test the Utility Belt pool when they'd release it though. I'd want to see how the travel power compared to Ninja Run. I have a character idea that could use something like that.

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 01:36:29 AM »
Oh I remember playing with sorcery a bit on test.  It was a nice addition.  Honestly, it still shocks me the game is closed with all that was going on.  I played since beta and I thought CoH was its most fun since Freedom launched.  There was so many new things to do and new characters to explore with costumes and power sets.

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 01:51:20 AM »
Oh I remember playing with sorcery a bit on test.  It was a nice addition.  Honestly, it still shocks me the game is closed with all that was going on.  I played since beta and I thought CoH was its most fun since Freedom launched.  There was so many new things to do and new characters to explore with costumes and power sets.
I was thinking the same while making my first post in this thread. They had SO MUCH planned, and it was all pretty beautiful. They were finally addressing some very important issues. The game was getting better than ever. Who in the world thought that closing the game right then would be a good idea?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »

Oh ya, I feel the game was just starting to really get the momentum it had always deserved and had been building up.  That's why I am so shocked too.  So many big things were happening.  I mean we had just beat Cole.  The Bastion were coming soon.  All the big things were finally going down.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:24 AM »
I was thinking the same while making my first post in this thread. They had SO MUCH planned, and it was all pretty beautiful. They were finally addressing some very important issues. The game was getting better than ever. Who in the world thought that closing the game right then would be a good idea?

The only thing was that it was starting to remind me a little of Evercrack. There early zones were so simplistic compared to later (visually anyway).
It seemed to me that there were two distinct sections to the game, pre-50 and post.

I know the devs were working on the pre fiddy areas and doing a good job... Maybe it seemed that way to me partly because of the fact you could AE steamroll to the level cap. You couldn't AE your way into your incarnates.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 06:26:59 PM »
Crashless nukes were in the game when the game first started! 

Granted you had to be a lvl 26+ Kinetics/* def or lvl 35+ */kinetics controller but....

8)

Mmmm...transference + transfusion...