Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 4965 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
say what you want about Vin, but he earns his damned pay check for those three lines. Yeah, they did some motion capture and face capture work of him according to the interviews, so it's not like he just stood around in a sound booth one day saying "Yo Soy Groot" and walked off with a couple mill.

and I totally want my own solar powered dancing groot desk toy.

and you know, it's funny. As to the end credits scene... over at the Slash Haven a few months back we jokingly postulated that between their purchases of Lucas Arts and Marvel, Disney now owned all the necessary elements to make that happen. Looks like maybe someone was listening in.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Magus Prime

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 12:16:07 AM »
I read somewhere that Vin and Bradley worked out for 6 months just to get in shape for their roles.  Where did I read this you ask?  In an article that I wrote on the back of a paper place mat in a Chinese restaurant.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 02:03:14 AM »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
I'll admit, if you asked me how many Marvel movies we'd get before one of them had a climactic dance-off, I'd probably have put the number much higher. :)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 08:48:10 PM »
I was amused by the Pip the Troll reference.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
A pretty good movie I must say!  I saw it Saturday night with my dad and 2 friends.  We all enjoyed it and a few thoughts below:

*  I still like the Avengers movie the best out of all the MCU movies but thought that this movie did as good a job as you can do for a "throw the audience into this new universe with all these characters with no backstory" type of movie.

*  There was more language in it than I thought there would be.  Not a huge deal but just noticed it is all.

*  The CGI for Rocket and Groot were great I thought.  Didn't see any big glitches/etc...

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 03:12:02 AM »
I thought it was the best Marvel movie so far..

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »
I don't know about the best, but certainly the most fun. Anyone else make an "Awesome Mix Vol 1" cassette? :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:44 AM »
got the sound track, yeah...
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor