Author Topic: Lore question: How did the other parts of the world fare against the Rikti?  (Read 991 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
I know Paragon City and the Rogue isles did fine due to the over-abundance of supers and high-tech users.

But this is one part of Lore I never looked into and just now sort of thought about, How did England, Russia, Hell, the rest of America handle the resurgence of the Rikti? Did Vanguard mobilize fast enough?

I remember seeing a few posts asking the same when the official forums were still up, but for whatever reason, I never checked them out. Which is doubly shameful for me, as an RPer.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:15:49 PM by Waffles »

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
I may be totally wrong but I recall reading somewhere that while the whole world had it bad, Paragon City and the Rogue Isles had it worse mainly because of the presence of the supers.

I think they saw them as the primary threat (since the war was initiated by superpowered humans from a Rikti point of view) and planned to deal with other pockets of resistance after dealing with them. They were really crippled in their attempt by a lack of knowledge of magic and a vulnerability to it (aliens always seem to have this one).
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
That's a good question. I can't recall offhand if any Rikti repercussions were mentioned in lore in any parts of the various story arcs. One place that might be a good starting point is any bits of lore that might exist on W.I.S.D.O.M.

On a side note, I had a really cool idea for an AE story featuring a never-before-known Rikti incursion into Praetoria that I was tentatively calling "A Connecticut Rikti in Emperor Cole's Court." They didn't have all the maps I wanted to use for that one, though, and I never finished creating it. :(

rezulin

• Minion
The Rikti had a problem with magic right?   Then why were Rikti Magus mobs some of the toughest guys on the mothership raid (and elsewhere).  I get it, you leave a "weakness" in their backstory so that the heroes had a chance to win.  But, come on, don't make their Elite Bosses the very thing they were supposed to be weak to (because they had poor understanding of it)

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
As I understand it, the rest of the world got pounded pretty much as hard as Paragon and the Rogue Isles did. Between the pre-emptive strikes against things like power installations, and the fact that their follow-up punch was against Earth's magical community, they pretty much steamrollered over us on the first go-round.

I don't think I have backups of my PMs from the CoH forums, but I'd asked the lore guys over there about it when I was working on the script for what was going to be my short-length fan film on the first Rikti invasion.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com