Author Topic: What's this "Recent good news" I keep hearing about?  (Read 876 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
What's this "Recent good news" I keep hearing about?
« on: July 18, 2014, 01:33:16 AM »
It seems like it's heavily implied the game was bought, or something, so, at risk of getting my hopes up for nothing, what happened in the last month? And why is Ironwolf even more awesome than usual now?

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
Re: What's this "Recent good news" I keep hearing about?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 01:41:59 AM »
Ironwolf stated that a company (or studio) he is in has been in talks with NCSoft about getting the rights to City of Heroes transferred to them. This would mean that, while NCSoft still receives some of the game's revenue, the game could potentially be up and running again. We won't know for sure, but Ironwolf has said that some of his colleagues have estimated it would take around 6-12 months to get the game operational, and we are not aware of if they can get the user data back (all of the characters, passwords, etc.).

As to why he is "more awesome than usual", I would say it is because we have to thank him for granting us the information that he is currently involved in and how the community is revving up to return to Paragon City, even if it will take a couple of months.

IF I MISSED ANYTHING, my bad. I only learned about this a few weeks ago.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal