Author Topic: Let's assume we'll be getting all of the servers back, what are you plans?  (Read 6784 times)

Apex Viper

• Minion
If all the accounts are restored then I will be on Virtue. If not then I will take this time to start anew. New server, new toons, new powers,  new builds, new SG.
In the end, we all are heroes, even the Villains; fighting to save a city that we all love.

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
I'll be putting up shop in Virtue, naturally.
I am a defender and so can you.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
If Champion still exists, that is where I will be at relaunch. 
If we don't get our character data back, my first order of business will be to remake my original scrapper.
If we get all our stuff back, I think I will cycle through the roster and run a mish with each toon on day one.
Either way, I can't wait to get back into Paragon City;

Waffles

• Elite Boss
Logic would suggest that the servers are still there, I really can't see a company recycling them for any reason. When you produce a new game you typically don't recycle hardware from an old game. So I'm assuming they will be handed to the people Ironwolf is referring to and the negotiations are for other things involving that deal

Someone please explain what he's talking about before I die from a heart-attack of both joy and confusion.

Also, Virtue for life, Warshade, Can't stop the purple.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
I assume you have read the "New Efforts" thread under Task Force Hail Mary. If not, go do that. I'll wait.

(several hours pass)

OK, the hardware is not the issue. The servers are virtual. There is no additional cost to have them all back.

Since it doesn't save any money to not have them (they are virtual servers, not physical ones) all, why not? It will avoid the problem with duplicate names at relaunch which is going to be a problem if you merge at launch as you won't know who is active and who is not. Once the game is up i could see them merging low population servers, but by then active players will be able to prepare for the merge. Non-active accounts can be cleared to reduce the conflicts and free up names.

It will also be quicker and easy to relaunch the fewer changes you make.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
If we get all the servers back, I'll be looking to join one of the more populated ones.  Of course my heart will always be with Infinity, which is what I started on and played since 2004, but there were numerous times that I was the ONLY one on.  It was brutal.  I so desperately wanted to team but my sentimentality (and a little O.C.D.) caused me not to switch.  I won't make that mistake again.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

artbunker

• Lieutenant
I would help my friend rebuild our super group base  and villan  group base on VIRTUE. 
Then I would play with most of my friends on virtue. Got another friend on Freedom that might need my help once in awhile as well and would go help her out sometimes also . ;)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
I would help my friend rebuild our super group base  and villan  group base on VIRTUE. 
Then I would play with most of my friends on virtue. Got another friend on Freedom that might need my help once in awhile as well and would go help her out sometimes also . ;)

Virtue rules!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Lava-Lad

• Minion
I started on Pinnacle, but ended up on Justice after Pinnacle dried up (kept a few soloing toons there).  I'd actually like to see all of the server walls come down so that we could all team more freely!  If my SG reappears, I'll join.  I'm still in contact with a few of the folks from my old SG (and have continued to team with a few of them in other games) and feel confident that at least a few of us would come back and get the band back together!

artbunker

• Lieutenant
Virtue rules!

Yeah started Protector first few years, then Liberty then ended on Virtue during the last few years.  Only thing about Virtue I would have to say is you better have a sense of humor and be on point. Most folks love to be sarcastic on there and they are halarious as well. But if you dont know what your doing on virtue, you will get called out quick on it as well .

But 90% of my 50's were on Virtue because the teaming was second to none :)..(In my humble opinion)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
Well if I get my characters.. Virtue and Justice.. the Wife will be on Freedom.. I would like to try Champion for Tanker Tuesdays..