Author Topic: Transformers: Age of Extinction  (Read 2485 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Transformers: Age of Extinction
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:16 PM »
So I watched this movie today.

It was ... busy.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »
So I watched this movie today.

It was ... busy.

Which is the reason I disliked all of the Transformer movies.  Once they made them out of a million moving parts I can't tell who is who and who is what faction.  Sure OP and BB are fairly easy to identify but most Decepticons were gun metal gray and weren't distinct enough in there robot form to tell them apart in the action sequences in the first three movies.  I'll wait for the DVD at the library in 3 months.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »
Which is the reason I disliked all of the Transformer movies.  Once they made them out of a million moving parts I can't tell who is who and who is what faction.  Sure OP and BB are fairly easy to identify but most Decepticons were gun metal gray and weren't distinct enough in there robot form to tell them apart in the action sequences in the first three movies.  I'll wait for the DVD at the library in 3 months.

You hit the nail right on the head. At least in this movie they had some color added to the "Decepticons". That being said, about 90 percent of the Transformer Dialogue -- especially in combat-- is really REALLY bad.

And I would have added some sort of audio effect so the Transformers sounded like they were actually 15-20 foot tall.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »
It doesn't help when they have action scenes at night/in the dark so that even the colourful shambling mounds of metal are desaturated towards greys, either.  Horrible designs.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:28:08 AM »
I stopped trying to figure out who was who and just focus on which pile of metal looks less damaged when they seperate to see who won (usually an Autobot).

I liked the new movie, if only for the facts that Megan Fox was not present, and the new antagonist was pretty sweeeet... I mean, he makes his face into a gun for chrissakes!

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:27:00 AM »
I'd rather be flayed alive in a barrel of pickle juice than see another Bay Transformer movie.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
I'd rather be flayed alive in a barrel of pickle juice than see another Bay Transformer movie.

I'm waiting on Guardians of the Galaxy.

I may be taking my granddaughter to see Earth to Echo tomorrow.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
How to tame your Dragon 2 wasn't bad.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
It was ok. I liked it  tad better than the second one and the third one. Maybe because That Shia dude and Megan Fox and that chick that basically simply replaced her in the third one was gone. The protagonist was bit more interesting.

Lockdown was pretty cool.

But in good ol bay fashion still had the usual female role thrown in there that seemingly have not much purpose. although the purpose is little bit better than the last three.
Galvatron/Megatron was a bit unnecessary bit.

It was a decent movie over all I think. My opinion NMNL.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 06:26:16 AM »
It certainly was a Michael Bay transformer movie.  This time with more slow motion!  They are entertaining and at least this one wasn't sooooo.....well you guys know.  Marky mark is cool to see in it.  And lockdown was pretty boss.  I feel like OP was a bit more of a bad ass and for once no awful freaking linkin park track. Which had me worried because they released an album at the same time the movie came out like they have for the last 3 movies and their terrible singles were always a huge part of the movies.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
Aww, I like Shia and Linkin Park.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »
yeah Shia isnt too bad of an actor but his role become more an annoyance.

Shia pretty good in Wall Street. I think he held his own with Michael Douglas.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 12:19:06 PM »
Having re-watched the first three movies to bring myself back up-to-speed on everything that happened previously, I was reminded by just how much I didn't like Shia's frantic quick-talking "humorous" antics. The aural chaos of dialogue, that was even worse when his mom got involved, made me tune out during those scenes. I much preferred AoE's use of an actual comedian to play Lucas.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 01:11:57 AM »
Anything involving his mother in which she wasn't trying to be an annoying mother stereotype was stupid and shouldn't have happened.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
I just saw it tonight. My first thought was "frak this movie was long!" After that though, I have to say I enjoyed it, probably more than the others really. The only thing I really wasn't too sure about was Prime himself. For all the years of him being an unwavering paragon of all that is good no matter how much of a disadvantage that put him at, it was "discomforting" to see him take on this almost murderous mindset (I lost track of how many times he said he was going to kill someone). I don't know that I've ever even heard him use the "k-word" in any iteration of Transformers. That's not necessarily bad, cause I have a feeling the writers wanted that affect.

The humans were more bearable this time around. I guess I never realized how bad Shia Labeouf, Megan Fox, and the others really were until this movie. Really sucked watching Ratchet get torn up, but I guess they needed to make room for the new bots like Hound.

And then of course, how do you beat Optimus Prime riding a dinosaur/bot waving a sword around?! I mean that sold me on the movie from the get-go, no matter how much everything else might suck.

So again, overall, I liked it a lot more than the previous ones. I just wish about an hour-and-a-half in they'd have an intermission.....my stomach still hurts.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:21:27 AM by Night-Hawk07 »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 02:29:43 PM »
This was the second time in my life that I walked out on a movie.
Sure, Hound and Crosshairs were kinda cool... but the overall movie; a picture says more than a thouand words, right?

And what the frak happened to the Dinobots?
One can just hope that TMNT won't be THAT bad...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.