Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7319126 times)

DoctorRoboto

• Underling
    • CoHTitan Profile
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27760 on: June 30, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
I haven't looked into this thread for months and now I see a new petition and the appearance of Statesman (sort of) in another game.  Am I a bad (yes, I know Doctor Roboto is an infamous villain after all!) CoHer if reading the Statesman story makes me almost interested in kinda looking at that new thing the enemy is trying to put out?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27761 on: June 30, 2017, 10:59:02 PM »
Not at all.

Many of us feel strongly against NCSoft, but there are those among us who play Aion, Wildstar, and Guild Wars II.  If MOBA games are your interest, then Master x Master is worth a look.  There's a few forum users here who said they are giving it a try as well, you might seek them out for a match.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #27762 on: July 01, 2017, 12:20:09 AM »
I have not seen it discussed here, but did anyone else see the article where there is going to be PvE content in Master x Master?

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27763 on: July 01, 2017, 01:45:23 AM »
I have not seen it discussed here, but did anyone else see the article where there is going to be PvE content in Master x Master?

No... I was busy reading about eve players trying to send developers a bag of phallus candies and a note to eat a d#ck.  No, not duck. 

Edit:  found it: http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/29/an-eve-online-player-tried-and-failed-to-send-ccp-games-a-big-bag-of-dicks/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:35:08 PM by duane »

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27764 on: July 01, 2017, 05:11:09 AM »
No... I was busy reading about eve players trying to send developers a bag of phallus candies and a note to eat a d#ck.  No, not duck.

:O

What's the matter over there in that game?

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #27765 on: July 01, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
:O

What's the matter over there in that game?
It's Eve, so there are always players disgruntled about some change, the lack of some change, or the colour of their ship's left hyperdrive vane. And the playerbase includes groups like Goonswarm and the like. Honestly i don't recall what the latest outrage du jour is, but i vaguely remember reading about more changes to one of the ship classes the other week, so it's probably related to that.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Aron

• Underling
« Reply #27766 on: July 01, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
It's Eve, so there are always players disgruntled about some change, the lack of some change, or the colour of their ship's left hyperdrive vane. And the playerbase includes groups like Goonswarm and the like. Honestly i don't recall what the latest outrage du jour is, but i vaguely remember reading about more changes to one of the ship classes the other week, so it's probably related to that.

The only notable upcoming change that I have heard that has annoyed people is the changes to the Tech 3 cruisers(AKA Strategic Cruisers).  It is actually a significant change and it isn't like such grumping about changes is unique to eve.  I on the other hand was thrilled to find out that the upcoming changes will enable a covert ops logistics configuration.  Think stealthy healers for conceptual reference.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #27767 on: July 03, 2017, 01:23:40 AM »
The only notable upcoming change that I have heard that has annoyed people is the changes to the Tech 3 cruisers(AKA Strategic Cruisers).  It is actually a significant change and it isn't like such grumping about changes is unique to eve.  I on the other hand was thrilled to find out that the upcoming changes will enable a covert ops logistics configuration.  Think stealthy healers for conceptual reference.
Yep, that's the change i was thinking of. And yeah, i wasn't trying to imply that such behavior is unique to Eve since i've seen similar blowups and antics from the fanbase of every MMO.  i mean i don't think anyone tried to send Paragon Studios a bag of Richards when ED went live (which would've far, far punnier anyway), but that's probably because they didn't think of it at the time.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27768 on: July 03, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »
They are nerfing the best way to make money in the game too after nerfing said way 2 times(bigly) in the last 4-6 months. Carrier ratting will likely get a fatal nerf bat.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #27769 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:41 PM »
ratting as in Hunting NPC's or ratting as in going and shanking other players to loot their loot ? because if the former then that sucks a lot.....if the latter then 'Boo hoo poor baby trolls!'
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27770 on: July 04, 2017, 03:39:56 AM »
Yep, that's the change i was thinking of. And yeah, i wasn't trying to imply that such behavior is unique to Eve since i've seen similar blowups and antics from the fanbase of every MMO.  i mean i don't think anyone tried to send Paragon Studios a bag of Richards when ED went live (which would've far, far punnier anyway), but that's probably because they didn't think of it at the time.

We were an angrier and much less inventive playerbase pre-I9.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27771 on: July 04, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »
ratting as in Hunting NPC's or ratting as in going and shanking other players to loot their loot ? because if the former then that sucks a lot.....if the latter then 'Boo hoo poor baby trolls!'
I have always known Ratting to be the former, and never the latter

MegaWatt

• Boss
« Reply #27772 on: July 04, 2017, 03:50:34 PM »
so they are nerfing a form of PvE ? maybe theres a reason i dont play EvE.....because the devs are prefectly happy to let PVPing trolls murder every one they want and just enforce 'git gud' as a response.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27773 on: July 04, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »
We were an angrier and much less inventive playerbase pre-I9.

I always heard how uncreative CoH's player base was pre-ED to the point of not even trying most powerset combinations let alone being creative enough to send prank mail.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27774 on: July 04, 2017, 05:22:58 PM »
so they are nerfing a form of PvE ? maybe theres a reason i dont play EvE.....because the devs are prefectly happy to let PVPing trolls murder every one they want and just enforce 'git gud' as a response.
Yup. That sums things up well. Unconsentual PvP or PvDP(player versus defenseless player) as I like to call it makes that game go round.

Aron

• Underling
« Reply #27775 on: July 04, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »
Yup. That sums things up well. Unconsentual PvP or PvDP(player versus defenseless player) as I like to call it makes that game go round.
Actually the only "Unconsentual PvP" that occurs is in high sec space.  Which is a vanishingly small percentage of the total PvP in the game.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27776 on: July 04, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
Actually the only "Unconsentual PvP" that occurs is in high sec space.  Which is a vanishingly small percentage of the total PvP in the game.
That's not true. People get ganked all the time.

MegaWatt

• Boss
« Reply #27777 on: July 04, 2017, 09:48:11 PM »
the following excuse will be 'but because they go into low sec they are consenting to PvP' or maybe they are in low sec because theres more to the game then trade runs and mineing in high sec.....but the game doesn't allow people with no interest in PVP to move into lowsec with a 'step off man' flag to protect them......so they 'consent' to go do other stuff that can only be accessed in an area of space where the trolls.....and thats what pirates are.....can kill them 'just cause lawls!'.

Aron

• Underling
« Reply #27778 on: July 04, 2017, 11:20:15 PM »
the following excuse will be 'but because they go into low sec they are consenting to PvP' or maybe they are in low sec because theres more to the game then trade runs and mineing in high sec.....but the game doesn't allow people with no interest in PVP to move into lowsec with a 'step off man' flag to protect them......so they 'consent' to go do other stuff that can only be accessed in an area of space where the trolls.....and thats what pirates are.....can kill them 'just cause lawls!'.

Well actually there is more to the game in high sec then trade runs and mining.  There is also NPC combat mission running and Incursions.   Incursions is probably the best money in the game once you get good at it and it is entirely NPC combat.  The only non-PvP activity that I can think of that is vastly better in low and null sec areas is exploration sites which is a bit of a niche.  I personally feel that the only reason to leave high sec is if you want to engage in PvP.   The vast majority of NPC content is available to me in high sec.

As for non-consensual high sec ganks.  They are a very small amount of the activity in high sec.  They also only tend to occur in certain high activity areas that see a lot of traffic or activity and against specific kinds of targets.  Regardless of this outside of the major null sec conflicts they seem to get a disproportionate amount of the press outside of the game.   :roll:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27779 on: July 05, 2017, 05:16:14 PM »
Well actually there is more to the game in high sec then trade runs and mining.  There is also NPC combat mission running and Incursions.   Incursions is probably the best money in the game once you get good at it and it is entirely NPC combat.  The only non-PvP activity that I can think of that is vastly better in low and null sec areas is exploration sites which is a bit of a niche.  I personally feel that the only reason to leave high sec is if you want to engage in PvP.   The vast majority of NPC content is available to me in high sec.

As for non-consensual high sec ganks.  They are a very small amount of the activity in high sec.  They also only tend to occur in certain high activity areas that see a lot of traffic or activity and against specific kinds of targets.  Regardless of this outside of the major null sec conflicts they seem to get a disproportionate amount of the press outside of the game.   :roll:

I think it's because when it comes to news often the bad news tends to get more hits than the good news.  It's like if your seeking attention in say EVE online why build anything big when destroying and doing terrible, terrible damage will get you far more attention, like the battle where 340,000 dollars worth of ships were destroyed.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.