Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7347999 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #22680 on: February 15, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »
I just thought I would share that I went onto the Motleyfool site the other day and saw an entire thread dedicated to City of Heroes. I believe it started in 2004, and ended in 2005. They kept that dead thread that remains unlocked for over 10 years....

Just figured I'd share that because I could.

And Noy, I see your point, but just use Codewalkers "wake me up when there's news" thread to be alerted if there's news. Otherwise, there is no news.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22681 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »
Don't confuse no news with no effort.

NDA means they can't talk about it. If they have the software and are working to get the server going - they can't tell you.
If they have nothing and can't get NCSoft to move faster - they can't tell you.

It sucks - but all involved have said in the recent past it is slow movement, but there is movement.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22682 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
Some of the mods responsible for this thread pick and choose what counts and what doesn't.  There is no consistency here and when you try to argue logic, all you get is "well don't come here then", which can speak volumes about the true nature of the highly-touted CoH community.

The first rule of moderation is don't argue moderation logic with participants.  Moderation is about judgment, not logic.  I'm sure you think that's a stupid rule.  However, I don't think you'll be able to prove it logically in the face of my sustained counter-argument, which is kind of the point.  The fact you think it says anything about the CoH community specifically says you need to frequent more discussion forums to increase your sample size.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22683 on: February 15, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
To be fair, Joshex isn't challenging how statistically likely the detection event was.  He is claiming that there is a completely different explanation for the detection itself.

Clearly, what was detected wasn't black holes, but rather the destruction of Alderaan.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22684 on: February 15, 2016, 10:24:38 PM »
Clearly, what was detected wasn't black holes, but rather the destruction of Alderaan.

Wrong frequency shift.  Magnitude too large.  It'll probably be several decades before we can construct a Death Star early warning system.  Even an upgraded eLISA is probably only good for detecting binary neutron stars and the birth of Galactus.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #22685 on: February 15, 2016, 10:33:54 PM »

Yes, but since gravity waves travel at the speed of light, we're detecting that it was destroyed a long time ago, in a galaxy fa...

I see what you did there.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22686 on: February 16, 2016, 01:47:25 AM »

NDA means they can't talk about it. If they have the software and are working to get the server going - they can't tell you.

It sucks - but all involved have said in the recent past it is slow movement, but there is movement.

So it is like when I have to Defrag my computer. . . .

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22687 on: February 16, 2016, 03:11:25 AM »

My operating system volume is under NDA - no disks allowed.  You don't normally defrag SSDs.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #22688 on: February 16, 2016, 03:30:54 AM »

exactly :), until there is news, we should just fill the time with ideal chitchat , some of which is really interesting to read through :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22689 on: February 16, 2016, 04:34:35 AM »
Odds are, this effort will only go final after all three successor games have gone live.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22690 on: February 16, 2016, 04:38:45 AM »
I like pudding.

Which flavor is your favorite?

scope.creep

• Minion
« Reply #22691 on: February 16, 2016, 05:11:15 AM »
Rice pudding. For some reason I cannot fathom, my wife is unwilling even to try it. Perhaps deception is in order...

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #22692 on: February 16, 2016, 06:30:04 AM »
Love Korean rice pudding and English plum pudding, but I must confess my favorite is Jello brand instant Pistachio! I grind up some chocolate chips to toss in and add a few drops of mint extract, mega yummy! 
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22693 on: February 16, 2016, 08:22:32 AM »
My operating system volume is under NDA - no disks allowed.  You don't normally defrag SSDs.
NDA even for music/photo files?

Canine

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22694 on: February 16, 2016, 11:09:36 AM »
NDA even for music/photo files?

"operating system volume"

To me that says that bulk storage drives are not included.

JoshexProxy

• [citation needed]²
  • Boss
« Reply #22695 on: February 16, 2016, 12:29:26 PM »
Wrong frequency shift.  Magnitude too large.  It'll probably be several decades before we can construct a Death Star early warning system.  Even an upgraded eLISA is probably only good for detecting binary neutron stars and the birth of Galactus.

Galactus is the least of our problems, just give him a foot massage and back and shoulder rub, let him take a bite out of the moon and otherwise agree not to eat planets people live on.

I'm hoping someone gets the reference.

on the note of the death star, if earth is any mirror of life in the universe then our warheads = their death stars, they've probably got like 40 of them per galactic governance or more and only let the superpowers actually use them, who knows maybe they contribute to universal darkening (the mirror of global warming) point is there are probably going to be no death star attacks because they've got a multi-galactic governance agreement not to use them and have death star defense fields to protect themselves.

plus we currently are like austrailia, WTF mate? (I hope some of you get that reference). no one in the galaxy cares about us, no one is going to bother destroying us, at this point we aren't even considered a target worthy of performing a test because we don't have any defensive systems.

the only thing such a universe need fear is the repercussions of Galactus having severe gastrointestinal problems.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:05:10 PM by JoshexProxy »

Surelle

« Reply #22696 on: February 16, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »
I had a wonderful dream last night that ended terribly.

I dreamed that the return of CoH had finally been announced, and everyone was celebrating.  It was awesome and wonderful, and I was picking up the phone to call all of my friends to tell them the good news - and then I woke up.

It's hard to keep up any hope at this point.  NCSoft is either jerking us around or ignoring us, I'm not sure which.  I haven't been back for 6 months as I just couldn't really think of anything else to say, and I continue to lose what little hope I have left.

Please don't forget to keep an eye on SCoRE!  NCSoft isn't the *only* hope we have, luckily for all of us.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22697 on: February 16, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »

Not sure why, but this made me laugh.  Hard.

;D

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22698 on: February 16, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »

my favorite is Tapioca pudding.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Primus1

• Minion
« Reply #22699 on: February 16, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »
As someone who has been under a NDA before. My thoughts are that things are still moving and they're planning out a relaunch.

I've worked on a film in the past and as we were filming, we obviously couldn't talk about it or show pictures ect. 
No one knew the film was even in pre-production until that portion was over with.
The public knew the film was only in "talks" While we were actually way into pre-production, There was already a script, cast, costume designs, etc 
So, things are usually ahead of what we may assume.

I feel NCsoft will still be involved with the relaunch and this is how it will be. I also feel when it comes back, their name/control will be on it again as well.

If they didn't want to relaunch this game or sell it. The talks would have been over a long time ago with a flat out "NO".
You don't keep an NDA going for no reason.

No news is good news.