Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7292430 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #22660 on: February 15, 2016, 04:16:11 AM »
Oh really, so everything else gets locked and deleted but a topic meant for discussing the efforts to get the game back and or discussing what has happened with those efforts is now a general chat thread. Despite being in the task force hailmary section and not the general chat section it's become a thread of random. It's a little disheartening ya know? Yes this makes total sense and it's very logical.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22661 on: February 15, 2016, 04:26:47 AM »
Taking what's become a de facto general chat thread that has the first post updated with any news of note and doesn't require you to read beyond that if you want just new efforts news and closing it to make 2 separate threads doesn't exactly seem logical either.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22662 on: February 15, 2016, 05:32:36 AM »
Ok. So, the talks are, Presumably, continuing. The participants are under and NDA and can't discuss the state of the talks. Discussion. Go!

That's pretty much the amount of discussion that can go on about the topic of the talks that hasn't already been discussed.

So, I miss thunderstorms.

( edit: speeling eroors  :P )
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:16:17 PM by Twisted Toon »
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22663 on: February 15, 2016, 05:47:52 AM »
I don't normally care but it's annoying to not see any real updates in this thread and instead lots of random off topic material for over a year. Nothing posted here is even remotely connected to the new efforts anymore; not even my own complaint... Can we just lock this trash and make use of a general chat thread instead?

Wait.  Why would locking this make it better?  So we can have 990 new posts in General Chat?  If anything this post is evidence there is still an active community of people socializing.  That seems very related to CoH.

We all have one post we can chat in while we wait for news.  I check this forum everyday even if I don't post.  And I like that there is a main thread I can go to.  Your post just reeks of pessimism and I don't see how you honestly think THAT would be more helpful then everyone hear having a good time talking about.....anything.  At least this way the community still feels alive.

If waiting is too much to bear for you that's unfortunate.  But its not for the rest of us and this is how we pass the time.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22664 on: February 15, 2016, 05:59:25 AM »
Oh really, so everything else gets locked and deleted but a topic meant for discussing the efforts to get the game back and or discussing what has happened with those efforts is now a general chat thread. Despite being in the task force hailmary section and not the general chat section it's become a thread of random. It's a little disheartening ya know? Yes this makes total sense and it's very logical.

I said it in the past, this thread is basically what would be said either in global chat or even broadcast on servers. In the spirit of the game, this thread is talking about the random stuff in life as if there was a game server. I also said in the past no one is forcing a gun to your head to read what is going on this thread. Codewalker made a tool for an update and believe me you will know there is an update, not from this thread, but more than likely people will make individual threads saying the same news.

Kassandros

• Dead Already and Dead Again
  • Minion
« Reply #22665 on: February 15, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »
Random lurker chiming in to say I like this thread and read it for some silly reason. Though over the last few days it feels like it's gotten a little tense in here. :/

I started reading it looking for news but it's clear there just hadn't been any and I find it great that the topics range around so much. Kinda wish the gravitational wave topic had gone on longer but I love science and the discovery is amazing. Even if I didn't learn anything new here really I still like to see the conversation and people's reactions to out. Plus Arcana talking about science is always fun.

*goes back to lurking*

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #22666 on: February 15, 2016, 07:05:18 AM »
How 'bout a group of ants? 'Cause that's totally doable.

That's not very nice.

I don't normally care but it's annoying to not see any real updates in this thread and instead lots of random off topic material for over a year. Nothing posted here is even remotely connected to the new efforts anymore; not even my own complaint... Can we just lock this trash and make use of a general chat thread instead?

To be fair, we wouldn't have had any thread about any talks if someone hadn't leaked stuff. I'm not sure if this is "better" than the alternative, but it's not very different.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22667 on: February 15, 2016, 07:23:16 AM »
You're quite welcome to not read this illogical thread :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #22668 on: February 15, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
I also said in the past no one is forcing a gun to your head to read what is going on this thread.

You don't know what goes on in Noyjitat's life

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22669 on: February 15, 2016, 03:19:29 PM »
You don't know what goes on in Noyjitat's life

I know you're joking, but if they actually have a gun being held to their head then I think they've got bigger problems than a message board thread being off-topic. ;)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #22670 on: February 15, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
You're quite welcome to not read this illogical thread :)

You know what I'm talking about. I see 4 threads on the first page of this forum section that you've moved/locked alone as well as 2 from codewalker. So if this is really a general chat thread then why hasn't it been moved to general chat. I'm just looking for consistency if you're going to mod everything so hardcore yet leave this 1000+ page of random up; that has nothing to do with task force hail mary or the efforts.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22671 on: February 15, 2016, 04:35:43 PM »
Actually, I haven't had a single political robo-call yet. Or a single political real human on the other end call either.

I know, it's weird.

It's quiet...

Too quiet.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22672 on: February 15, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22673 on: February 15, 2016, 05:59:51 PM »
Random lurker chiming in to say I like this thread and read it for some silly reason. Though over the last few days it feels like it's gotten a little tense in here. :/

I started reading it looking for news but it's clear there just hadn't been any and I find it great that the topics range around so much. Kinda wish the gravitational wave topic had gone on longer but I love science and the discovery is amazing. Even if I didn't learn anything new here really I still like to see the conversation and people's reactions to out. Plus Arcana talking about science is always fun.

*goes back to lurking*

The mood here rises and falls like the Mitochondria of the Hamidon....

Is that a bad analogy or what?

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22674 on: February 15, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »
I had a wonderful dream last night that ended terribly.

I dreamed that the return of CoH had finally been announced, and everyone was celebrating.  It was awesome and wonderful, and I was picking up the phone to call all of my friends to tell them the good news - and then I woke up.

It's hard to keep up any hope at this point.  NCSoft is either jerking us around or ignoring us, I'm not sure which.  I haven't been back for 6 months as I just couldn't really think of anything else to say, and I continue to lose what little hope I have left.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22675 on: February 15, 2016, 06:45:19 PM »
You know what I'm talking about. I see 4 threads on the first page of this forum section that you've moved/locked alone as well as 2 from codewalker. So if this is really a general chat thread then why hasn't it been moved to general chat. I'm just looking for consistency if you're going to mod everything so hardcore yet leave this 1000+ page of random up; that has nothing to do with task force hail mary or the efforts.

Well, you're not going to get it.

But from a forum management perspective, this thread serves a very specific purpose.  It is a thread designed to absorb all random commentary and discussion surrounding the topic of attempting to reboot the game for which we already know that as a practical matter, no real informed discussion can take place.  Without it, you'd just get thread after thread after thread started trying to start up such a discussion.  For the people waiting patiently, this is where they can blow off some steam while occasionally intercepting random questions or redirecting them to the notification thread.  It is, in effect, a lobby outside of a theater that hasn't opened its doors yet, and none of  us knows when showtime is.

This happens often in moderated discussion forums when it becomes clear that there exist certain topics that lots of people want to discuss, but can't be for various reasons that many of them may not even be aware of.  When that happens, you need a magnet for those posts.  This is one of those.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22677 on: February 15, 2016, 07:12:30 PM »
Sadly, if my phone rings a robocall is pretty much best case scenario.

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #22678 on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:36 PM »

Some of the mods responsible for this thread pick and choose what counts and what doesn't.  There is no consistency here and when you try to argue logic, all you get is "well don't come here then", which can speak volumes about the true nature of the highly-touted CoH community.  I've had comments removed that briefly talked about other CoH related games in the pipeline, and told that those comments weren't welcome here, only to be followed by what everyone's favorite flavor of potato chips is.  The best thing to do is just come here and do a quick check, then continue about your day.  Don't let yourself get agitated by people with their modicum of power.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #22679 on: February 15, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
I like pudding.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.