Author Topic: So it didn't work.  (Read 22698 times)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: So it didn't work.
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
...I see more people have not been reading my thread. *scowl*
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2012, 09:41:45 PM »
You tell 'em, VV. Not even close to a hopeless situation yet. Not sure we even need a miracle. Not that miracles are impossible. All it takes is tons of work.

So, the question you gotta ask yourself, folks. What are you willing to do to see City of Heroes live on? Figure that out, and get busy. Or go from here in peace, our brother and sister heroes who have fallen in the fight. As VV says, we're going to keep in the fight, so don't be too upset if we step over you.

ShadowMokadara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2012, 09:46:26 PM »
You tell 'em, VV. Not even close to a hopeless situation yet. Not sure we even need a miracle. Not that miracles are impossible. All it takes is tons of work.

So, the question you gotta ask yourself, folks. What are you willing to do to see City of Heroes live on? Figure that out, and get busy. Or go from here in peace, our brother and sister heroes who have fallen in the fight. As VV says, we're going to keep in the fight, so don't be too upset if we step over you.

What would I do?

Brb streaking with fireworks.

I've sent in a letter to both the US and Korean company. The US in English and Korean one in, respectively, korean. Luckily for me I used to enjoy Korean grindfests and learned Korean over the years to play them in case they were never to be released here.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »
As VV says, we're going to keep in the fight, so don't be too upset if we step over you.

I'm channeling my redsiders and stepping ON them.  Easier on the feet.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
Honestly, about the only two ways this truly fails, Technerdoc, is if NCSoft takes a nigh-villainous hardline stance of "nope, we want it ended, and darn the costs!" or if Paragon Studios, all the money-people they can get in touch with, and we the fans all fail to, combined, come up with an attractive enough offer to make NCSoft's collective eyes turn to dollar signs (or whatever currency S. Korea uses) and hand over the property.

There is good business reason for them to work with Paragon Studios. We can't know what their hang-ups are, but I'm sure some would seem valid and others would seem silly to us, as semi-outside observers. That's what negotiation is about, though. We need to be there, ready to say "we are here to help" if those already in negotiation need it.

I honestly do want to be more involved in the process, personally, because I sense opportunity here, but I recognize that I know little enough about it to do more than prod for access and offer what service and connections I learn are needed through such prodding. Other than that, I, like anybody else interested in helping, can just make myself available and be useful when I know how.

Enson Red Shirt

• Minion
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2012, 09:48:17 PM »
I have had multiple vip accounts on ap33 on virtue even tho my server is justice i have been playing the game since beta and never even thought it would end and am still holding out but also as far as the links to washington cali and texas you may want to consider doing what i have been doing on a daily basis i will cross post this on the other thread as well
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
and dont be afraid to ask for a tweet either

ShadowMokadara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Honestly, about the only two ways this truly fails, Technerdoc, is if NCSoft takes a nigh-villainous hardline stance of "nope, we want it ended, and darn the costs!" or if Paragon Studios, all the money-people they can get in touch with, and we the fans all fail to, combined, come up with an attractive enough offer to make NCSoft's collective eyes turn to dollar signs (or whatever currency S. Korea uses) and hand over the property.

If (keyword: If) we fail, it'll be the former behind closed doors but the latter to the public.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02:10 PM »
Failure is not an option. Go big, or go home. Insert determined, grim, and up-lifting quote here.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
It will only be NCSoft being stubborn behind closed doors if we don't have the ability to fuel the negotiators for "our side" and make clear to them we can do it.

So we have to be supportive, we have to stay as informed as possible, and we have to keep active to show we can and will back them up exactly as much as they need (without tipping a hand that makes it look like more, because we don't want them to lose a negotiating tactic that overplaying our hand might cost them).

But definitely, stay positive, stay encouraged, and stay supportive. Of both sides. Because NCSoft is not the enemy; they're just neutral and trying to decide if allying with us in this - by selling the property - or washing their hands of it - by closing it down and taking it with them - is in their better interest. It is our job to find as many ways to help Paragon Studios or whatever other negotiator is at the table on "our side" show NCSoft that being our allies in this is in their best interests.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
We will never know what was going on there that they close this game so suddenly. This can be very hard when there was any dispute between NC-Soft and the Paragon Studios, you can never know. I think about it many times and it didn't make any sense at all. A lot of other and older boring online games are still running, so this can't be that this game didn't made enough profit that absoluty no one is intressted in it. Maybe NC-Soft want to keep the francise, but why? Just that no one else have it? Worked fine for Electronic Arts with Wing Commander and Dungeon Keeper for example, we will never see a game again, but they will never sell it too...

Oh well, same questions and we will never get an answer...

Icy Pop

• Underling
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
Fine.  You go lie down and give up.  Pardon me if I use your prone, defeatist body as a stepping stone to the next level.

Honestly, we don't need dead weight or defeatist crap here.  Move along.

Wow....just wow.

I have been a lurker and have always considered this place and the people behind it to be positive and encouraging and just plain nice.
I have to say some of these responses and threads are not at all reflective of Tony V and how he talks and is so encouraging and gracious.  It is unfortunate not all of us can try and save COH and still act like heroes.

What are we saving if it's okay to leave the bodies of fallen heroes on the ground? What are we saving if we cannot be kind to each other and be the community we keep telling everyone we are?

Anyone of my fellow heroes that falls down and cannot get back up for ANY reason, I will pick them up.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »

There is a difference between falling down...

And choosing to lie down and give up.

Wow....just wow.

I have been a lurker and have always considered this place and the people behind it to be positive and encouraging and just plain nice.
I have to say some of these responses and threads are not at all reflective of Tony V and how he talks and is so encouraging and gracious.  It is unfortunate not all of us can try and save COH and still act like heroes.

What are we saving if it's okay to leave the bodies of fallen heroes on the ground? What are we saving if we cannot be kind to each other and be the community we keep telling everyone we are?

Anyone of my fellow heroes that falls down and cannot get back up for ANY reason, I will pick them up.

padathir

• Minion
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2012, 11:43:53 PM »
to make NCSoft's collective eyes turn to dollar signs (or whatever currency S. Korea uses) and hand over the property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korean_won Won-signs: ₩______₩

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:31 PM »
Fine.  You go lie down and give up.  Pardon me if I use your prone, defeatist body as a stepping stone to the next level.

Honestly, we don't need dead weight or defeatist crap here.  Move along.

No no no! You use bodies to fire off Vengeance and buff your whole team to greater heights of awesome, or Fallout and corpse bomb the target.

Your defeatist body makes the team stronger!  GO TEAM SAVECOH!

;D

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »
Wow....just wow.

Well said, Icy Pop.

And Technerdoc, may I just commend you for keeping the high road even though you're being berated.

Icy Pop

• Underling
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2012, 11:59:20 PM »
There is a difference between falling down...

And choosing to lie down and give up.

True, but I have no qualms or judgement against people who have simply run out of steam. Furthermore, respect and kindness should always be the rule.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2012, 12:46:34 AM »
Guys, I'm going to lock this thread.  For one thing, it's descending into places we don't want to go.  For another, I made it clear in the very first post I put in this forum, "The posts in this forum will be dedicated to the purpose of saving Paragon City."  I don't mind some discussion around news and information, but "so it didn't work" isn't conducive to our goal here.  I'm not mad at the OP or anything, but still, let's focus on how we're going to save the game, not mope about how impossible it is.