Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7331875 times)

Mageman

• Lieutenant
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #2680 on: July 03, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »
The first character I'm probably going to create is an Illusion/Storm controller. Run up to level 10, create a SG, then use Superior Invisibility + Steamy Mist + Hover (no vet rewards) or Fly (with vet rewards) to go through all the accessible zones to get the SG badges so I can start getting the base portals back up and running. :gonk:
My Reality:
#1 I love my wife!
#2 I miss CoX!
#3 Refer to rule #1!
#4 I seem to have an itch!

Mageman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2681 on: July 03, 2014, 12:13:33 AM »
 This is assuming that all our characters/SGs/Bases are MIA from NC Soft.

I fully expect that we won't get all the servers back (there were, what? 14 US + several EU servers? I forget). So the best thing for them is to create new servers and allow you to transfer your characters from limbo to the new servers. Unfortunately, this probably means the loss of all SGs/VGs and their items/prestige. :'(
My Reality:
#1 I love my wife!
#2 I miss CoX!
#3 Refer to rule #1!
#4 I seem to have an itch!

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #2682 on: July 03, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
This is assuming that all our characters/SGs/Bases are MIA from NC Soft.

I fully expect that we won't get all the servers back (there were, what? 14 US + several EU servers? I forget). So the best thing for them is to create new servers and allow you to transfer your characters from limbo to the new servers. Unfortunately, this probably means the loss of all SGs/VGs and their items/prestige. :'(

I had a 2 big super-group bases that I spent a long time building for just me and a couple of my friends, one hero-side and one villain-side. Fully functional with all the transporters and storage racks, super computers, invention tables, inspiration inventions and storage, med bay etc.  If I got all my characters back but lost my VG and SG bases, I'd consider that a big win.   Prestige is not that hard to earn and while I know some people had bases even more impressive than mine, it still wouldn't be too hard to rebuild those with a little time. If we get the game back and that is all we lose, a small price to pay in my opinion.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2683 on: July 03, 2014, 12:24:02 AM »
The first character I'm probably going to create is an Illusion/Storm controller. Run up to level 10, create a SG, then use Superior Invisibility + Steamy Mist + Hover (no vet rewards) or Fly (with vet rewards) to go through all the accessible zones to get the SG badges so I can start getting the base portals back up and running. :gonk:

Just watch your end :) That reminds me of my first character running though Founders with Cloak Of Darkness on. I saw the DE and was like "WTF" Then I got to close to some Council, after being turned away from Eden, and that was that.
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2684 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:23 AM »
I did this all the time at level 15. Slot a stealth proc, get a jetpack (if you have no fly) and then just badge it all. Heck, I even did for characters who weren't base building. Just for grins!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2685 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:59 AM »
I had a 2 big super-group bases that I spent a long time building for just me and a couple of my friends, one hero-side and one villain-side. Fully functional with all the transporters and storage racks, super computers, invention tables, inspiration inventions and storage, med bay etc.  If I got all my characters back but lost my VG and SG bases, I'd consider that a big win.   Prestige is not that hard to earn and while I know some people had bases even more impressive than mine, it still wouldn't be too hard to rebuild those with a little time. If we get the game back and that is all we lose, a small price to pay in my opinion.

I could live with losing my SG and base. For all of my excitement toward getting the game back, I'd still love not to have to reroll. I'd still play. I'd still pay to play, and I will, given the chance!

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2686 on: July 03, 2014, 12:32:22 AM »
I did this all the time at level 15. Slot a stealth proc, get a jetpack (if you have no fly) and then just badge it all. Heck, I even did for characters who weren't base building. Just for grins!

There were no IOs in 2005 :) Superior Invisibility + Steamy Mist = end hog back then. Ok, was in the way back machine, a bit of fun. SI sucked after the change and I respec'd out of it on my pocket emp. Remember those :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:48:40 AM by Fanta »

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2687 on: July 03, 2014, 01:28:19 AM »
What side would you start on?
If i was running Dark/wp brute: red StJ/WP brute : blue after that, who knows.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2688 on: July 03, 2014, 01:29:39 AM »
You know we've talked a little about timing and when things could happen. Christmas in Paragon seems to be one target. of course, we have no way of knowing anything, but wouldn't it be awesome if we could get in some trick or treating with an awesome Halloween event?

I'd be down for some ToT.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2689 on: July 03, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »
http://youtu.be/YHCStNxp7cg stumbled on this on youtube thought it would be fitting.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #2690 on: July 03, 2014, 02:43:21 AM »
To be honest, I never tried the Incarnate stuff. The most fun I had was building characters up to around level 30, where leveling really turned into grinding. Then it's time to find another alt.

You really missed out on a great experience and hopefully you'll get the chance to try it next time around.

Hasn't been a better endgame system than incarnates in any game, nor one as rewarding. SWTOR was going to have a pretty good rewarding and fun raid system (at least from what they told us prior to launch). At launch it was pretty fun but they quickly went the route of stupid with each new raid. I haven't played it much since my guild fell apart though.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2691 on: July 03, 2014, 02:47:17 AM »
Had perma lightform on my PB. Not worth it IMO. Lots of KB, poor AoE, compared to a WS. Teamed with AlienOne on his, mostly speed ITFs, WS>PB. EASY! I only kept mine because it had the first anniversary badge.

Im going to state this right here.. I never played a WS... game shut down before I got the chance..

However I need to speak up for the PB...

Now my PB was all human... and my WS would have been as well.. I didnt want to bother with the forms..

PB didnt have as much AoE compared to the WS.. very true..

However this was my final build on my PB before shutdown..

Perma Hasten

Perma Light Form which IMO is worth it for the capped resistance.. And it was changed so that it wouldnt almost kill you when it dropped...

Perma Essence Boost.. Thats basically Perma Dull Pain..

Perma Inner Light... 78% Damage boost for 10 seconds.. 28% for 30 seconds..

I also added the -KB Proc into Solar Flare so no KB just all KnockDOWN..

And still have a self heal as well.

Now what I did like about the PB is that I was self sufficient. I was not dependent on foes for healing.. damage buffs etc etc..

Now that being said.. I have a WS build on Mids and it looks to be pretty darn awesome as well..

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2692 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:04 AM »
LOL Who added that "Lovin Being an Elite Boss" LOL

Black Gold

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2693 on: July 03, 2014, 03:08:03 AM »
I miss the crap out of my "spiders"  Especially my Crab with capped def. So I can conceive of being in a race to unlock those.  Sadly I don't remember what to IF they lowered the unlock for VEATS. *heads to Paragon Wiki*  ;D

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2694 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:12 AM »
LOL Who added that "Lovin Being an Elite Boss" LOL

You know it was your mom :D

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2695 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:52 AM »
I miss the crap out of my "spiders"  Especially my Crab with capped def. So I can conceive of being in a race to unlock those.  Sadly I don't remember what to IF they lowered the unlock for VEATS. *heads to Paragon Wiki*  ;D

Level 20 was the unlock I believe.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2696 on: July 03, 2014, 03:33:39 AM »
Ok were they really going to start giving us more enhancement slots so we would have a total of three more in Issue 24 ???!!!!!!!

Cause if you give me THREE more Slots per toon !!!!!!!

WHOA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #2697 on: July 03, 2014, 03:52:01 AM »
My biggest problem with Kheldians was that nearly the entire first half of their defensive powerset was just utterly bland suck. The power you absolutely positively have to get? Passive resistance to two energy type you're not going to see at low levels. Khledians 1-19 make me want to cry. The worst defensive level 1 secondary power and the three worst defensive toggles amongst all the defensive sets.

When CoH comes back I'd kind of like to see a sort of Kheldian 2.0, the classes re-imagined with more interesting and robust mechanics with the advantage of the superior powers programming we saw as the game went along.

Like as new AT's, not taking a chainsaw and spackle to the original Kheldies. We've got one for energy and one for negative energy, make the revamps Cold and Fire based. Instead of forms where you have a huge chunk of your powers locked out, make them stance-esque toggles like Bio Armor and Staff Fighting had.

Ok were they really going to start giving us more enhancement slots so we would have a total of three more in Issue 24 ???!!!!!!!

Cause if you give me THREE more Slots per toon !!!!!!!

WHOA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were trying to get three more slots, if I recall correctly it was sidelined for a bit because it kept messing up things in weird ways, as the CoH spaghetti codebase was wont to do.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2698 on: July 03, 2014, 04:02:15 AM »
Im going to state this right here.. I never played a WS... game shut down before I got the chance..

Now my PB was all human... and my WS would have been as well.. I didnt want to bother with the forms..

Perma Hasten

Perma Light Form which IMO is worth it for the capped resistance.. And it was changed so that it wouldnt almost kill you when it dropped...

Now what I did like about the PB is that I was self sufficient. I was not dependent on foes for healing.. damage buffs etc etc..

Now that being said.. I have a WS build on Mids and it looks to be pretty darn awesome as well..

Personally, I found it amusing that HEATs and VEATs seemed to be backwards with how that sides ATs worked. VEATs are awesome teamers while HEATs benefit from being in a team but were more solo oriented. I was very happy when I was able to take my VEATs blueside.

A human only PB was what I was going to try next 1-50, I made a human only alt build with my 50, but I like to play it from scratch and while my PB was tri-form, I was rarely in human form. I used squid and crab and human form was used to essence boost and click hasten.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2699 on: July 03, 2014, 04:02:49 AM »

Perma Hasten

Play them both IO'd at level 50. I find a PB to be a pretty boring due to it's lack of damage. Really, a WS just makes it look silly. Sure the PB in lightform can hardly die, but who cares about that when it's AoE is that bad