Community > Other Games

Neverwinter

(1/19) > >>

Xev:
Well... finally, I was able to download Neverwinter (yahoo) and I have to ask...

Who're the uberest deeps toons?

Any tips on my first entry into the Character Creator...?

I've really been looking forward to trying Neverwinter ever since... it came out. I've got a history with this title as well as just really liking this type of game.

Xev:
I decided to try a wood elf necro.. ? I'm far from a D&D expert but still.. I had no idea there were such things.

P.S.
Shooter Mode is making my head hurt. Kinda like a hard to read book.

Xev:
I read something once about someone struggling with NWO shooter mode and then getting used to it and I've done the same. It's even been semi-addictive. Basically they've just removed manual targeting that caaaan be aggravating to get to work sometimes in other Cryptic games. And they made me make a hotkey to enable my curser to click on HUD elements and train my brain when to use it.

The honeymoon of effortlessly moving through waves of mobs ended ~ level 12 and I Finally ran into my first tough boss fight. It was worthy.

Looks like we get 2 free slots to start the game out with. My natureboy necro has been a good pick so far. I played a necro for some years as my main, so, yeah. I get the theme. Kinde odd to play one as a wood elf but I'm getting used to it and the rest of the game.

It looks kinda like they stole some of the Champions Online artists in this game. I don't see any STO resemblance. Was kinda surprised that the graphics don't really seem any better than STO due to NWO is a few years newer. If anything, STO may be pulling slightly ahead with their new efforts. Then again, I'm just seeing newb zone stuff so far, soooo, we'll see.

Big fun so far and I'm looking forward to playing more and to making a melee. I'm kinda a switcher... I like to have a main game and a backup game and I take breaks from the main game occasionally. Freakin' STO is a farm fest right now.. I mean, they have us punching a timeclock and on a schedule.. Don't get me wrong, it's a great time to play STO, but, for me, it's also a great time to take a little break, and, so far, NWO looks to be a good diversion.. from my main diversion.

~~~

Bonus: STO and CO are down for weekly stuff, and.... NWO is Up. Cool.

Angel Phoenix77:
The reason why most of the art looks familiar is do to the fact that most of the devs that weren't taken from sto were taken to neverwinter.

Xev:
STO art doesn't look anything like CO or NWO, is the thing. I can see *some* CO art style already in NWO, though. Like when a boss stands there looking a little bit comic bookey and is pounding his palm with his fist until you get into agro range - that's all CO.

At 3 years newer, NWO is way easier on my video card than STO (the fan won't even spin up half the time as I recall..) too, as is CO, and it goes for a fantasy look rather than realism, like CO.

In STO my video card starts a slow bake just sitting at the Character Select Screen and they are always going for realism in their depiction of space ships and lasers phasers.. and Humans and whatnot..

NWO is being pretty fun so far like I hoped it would be. I can see myself levelling at least 1 or 2 toons.

~~~~

Hey! I'll take any newb tips, btw.. Like what's the best stats to go for or anything else. My warlock/necro is going for Con/Int/Dex so far and I think I never saw him crit.

On the Wiki, it basically says that the Racial boosts for Dwarves are broken/don't exist. Otherwise I think I'd probably go Dwarf/(some kinda) Fighter next but instead I'll probably go Half Orc or Wood Elf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version