Author Topic: Icon things that never made it into the game...  (Read 1941 times)

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
Icon things that never made it into the game...
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:58:10 AM »
Alright, so I was messing around in Icon today actually looking at options not just recreating costumes I had.  Now I knew about just about all of the new things that were added into the game, including the Tech Knight set supposedly coming with I24 and with a long awaited quiver for arrows, but there were a number of things apparently built and ready that I had never seen before.

I saw a lot of "black knight" pieces, and while I knew about the chainmail and leather armor, I'd never seen the black knight pieces on non NPCs.  There is the post apocolyptic set, which I know was done at the last meet and greet, I had no idea so many pieces were finished.

Cosmic Corsair, apparently some sort of space-pirate theme?  BAD ASS I never had heard of that, was that even announced before shut down?

I saw some others, like body suits and such that I'm sure were not in that game when it shut down.   

Honestly a lot of those pieces looked really good, on top of the Tech knight stuff I already wanted. Crap I had concepts that would have worked with all of that stuff. I forgot how much I enjoyed getting and playing with new costume pieces! 

Once again it mystifies me that this game was shut down so suddenly, the team clearly had lots more stuff in the works ,ready to roll out soon and bam, lights out, thanks for playing, good bye.  So lame, so much good stuff that still had yet to be given to the players.

*sigh* still some of those are wonderful pieces. I'll have to toy with some in the near future, makings toons that my never be played.  Sad and yet, its fun just messing with costumes. 

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: Icon things that never made it into the game...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:23:57 PM »
I think the Corsair pieces were slated to be the costume pieces that you could get from the second set of booster packs in a similar fashion as the Elemental(?) set for the first set was.

The Black Knight stuff is a mystery to me. I heard nothing about it prior to seeing it in Icon. I was a faithful reader of announcements and the forums but I could have missed it.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »
I think the Corsair pieces were slated to be the costume pieces that you could get from the second set of booster packs in a similar fashion as the Elemental(?) set for the first set was.

The Black Knight stuff is a mystery to me. I heard nothing about it prior to seeing it in Icon. I was a faithful reader of announcements and the forums but I could have missed it.

Well that would make sense, I know they talked about doing a second wave of the costume pieces from the booster backs, and I loved buying those things.    The Black Knight stuff,  I remember in the game they released sort of chain mail and leather pieces, and talked about them being the "knight" pieces, but I remember wanting the pieces that the Black knights in Night Ward had, armored gloves, chest plate details etc.  Apparently they were in game and just unreleased so far. 

There were also "body suits" that looked like new versions of more detailed tights, another thing I remember being discussed as in the words but never announced as for sure coming.  Anyway, I'd love the chance to play with those pieces in the game, many of them are quite good looking.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »
Yes, Corsair was awarded by the Vigilantes & Rogues Super Pack, which was going to be the second set.  Black Knight was tied to store items, so it's likely it was going to be a purchasable set like the Barbarian or Carnival of Light pieces.

Here's some more stuff, copy and pasted from the "Unofficial Patch Notes" thread I used to maintain on our private forum that documented every single little change that went into the live or beta clients, mostly to give the Wiki and Mids folks a heads up if something was coming down the pipe that hadn't been announced. Had some nifty tools developed to extract all the bin files, decode them, and show the differences from one version to the next. :)

Most of this is probably old news by now, but you never know.

Build 2400.201208020805.0
Published to beta server on August 8, 2012

NOTE: This post will be different from most of my unofficial patch notes. The changes in this build are massive, and an in-depth comparison would take a very long time to complete, and a huge amount of space to write up. So, I'm just going to summarize the most important things that aren't mentioned in the official notes.

This is a work in progress and will be updated periodically, I'll post again when I'm "done".

Powersets:
The following unannounced powersets have been implemented:

Power pools:
The following unannounced pools have been implemented:

Upcoming Store Stuff:
  • Ice Knight Pet (placeholder start date)
  • Wisps Aura (this was hinted at in a stream I believe)

Zones
  • Many assets were included for an area known as Kallisti Wharf, which contains a sub-area called Christie Square. There appear to be serveral IOMs (instanced outdoor missions) which use this area. Additionally, a complete copy of the area is contained in a map file called City_05_02 (Peregrine Island is City_05_01). It is unclear if this will be a future zone, or is just a copy of the geometry. A task or strike force (probably co-op) will likely use instanced copies or possibly originate from this area as well:

geobin/maps/Missions/Unique/i24_Unique_Maps/KW_TaskStrikeForce/IOM_Cap_Aeon_AE.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/Unique/i24_Unique_Maps/KW_TaskStrikeForce/IOM_Ocean_Research_Site.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/Unique/i24_Unique_Maps/KW_TaskStrikeForce/IOM_Space_Asteroids.bin

I haven't played the new content on beta yet so I don't know if any of the new arcs use any of the unique maps:

geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Christie_Square/Outdoor_Christie_Square.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_Christie_Square/IOM_Christie_Square.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_Old_Slough/IOM_Old_Slough.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_PPD_Headquarters/IOM_PPD_Headquarters.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_Stadium/IOM_Stadium.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_Statesman_One/IOM_Statesman_One.bin
    geobin/maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_Vanguard_CO/IOM_Vanguard_CO.bin

Build 2400.201208122118.0
Published to beta server on August 14, 2012.

Badges
  • Oobatz badge added (St. Martial event badge)
  • Probation Denied badge added (Brickstown event badge)

Enhancements
  • Alignment Merit cost for Reactive Defenses: Endurance/Recharge and Preventive Medicine: Recharge/Endurance reduced from 2 to 1.
  • Scourging Blast: Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE +End changed to also include a +Health effect.

NPCs
  • Archon Krueger reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Bronze Talon reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Concrete Bill reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Digiwench reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Dr. Gilmartin reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Juan Hernandez reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Recall reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Rising Vengeance reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • ROFLSTOMP reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Shopkeeper reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Steve Mutombo reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • Talon's Claw reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.
  • The Crusafer reduced in rank from AV to Elite Boss.

Paragon Market
  • Halloween and Winter items added (see previous test server notes for details).

Powers
  • Kinetic Assault set removed.
  • Beam Rifle / Piercing Beam rebalanced. Recharge time reduced by 4 seconds, endurance cost reduced slightly. PvE damage scale increased, PvP damage scale decreased. Blaster Defiance buff doubled.
  • Dual Pistols / Piercing Rounds rebalanced. Recharge time reduced by 5 seconds. Endurance cost reduced slightly. PvE and PvP damage scale incrased. Blaster Defiance buff doubled.
  • Energy Melee / Energy Transfer now accepts disorient enhancements.
  • Kinetic Melee / Burst no longer accepts disorient enhancements.
  • Kinetic Melee / Burst now accepts knockback enhancements.
  • Staff Fighting / Sky Splitter damage and secondary effects buffed significantly.
  • Corruptor Assault Rifle / Flamethrower PvP damage increased significantly.
  • Corruptor Assault Rifle / Full Auto PvP damage increased significantly.
  • Corruptor Rain of Fire no longer scourges for triple damage.
  • 5 more frames (0.167s) added to the activation of Assault Rifle's snipe.
  • Flight and Teleport pools are no longer AT-restricted (Kheldians).
  • Team Inspirations had their AbusiveBuff flag all set to 0.
  • Sorcery powers are now linkable in chat.

Miscellaneous
  • Fort Trident loading screen modified.
  • Some Praetorian music loops that had been previously removed (circa I21) are back.

City of Beta has been updated.

I went ahead and removed the Primalist AT from the page (and the database, I had been manually overriding the imports until now). The powers are still there if you know where to look, but haven't been touched in a while, and the AT itself has been missing from classes.bin for some time.

Build 2400.201208211101.1
Published to beta server on August 23, 2012

Costumes
  • Post Apocalyptic set implementation significantly fleshed out. Should be hitting beta soon.

Miscellaenous
  • You guessed it from the patch file size! File renames! All maps regenerated because of four directories that got renamed.
    geobin/object_library/Villain_Lairs/Caves/structure/rock_structure -> Rock_Structure
    geobin/object_library/Villain_Lairs/M_Office/trays/halls/static -> Static
    geobin/object_library/city_templates/Shops -> shops
    geobin/object_library/walls/Tunnels -> tunnels

NPCs
  • Pandora's Box version of Arachnos Flier added. Level 40-54, boss class.

Paragon Market
  • Bio Armor start date pushed back to Nov 6 (was Sep 4).
  • Sorcery start date pushed back to Nov 13 (was Oct 30).
  • Window for Halloween items changed. Now runs from Oct 23 - Nov 21 (was Oct 2 - Nov 7).

Paragon Rewards
  • Tech Knight Cape moved from pack 3 to pack 2.

Powers
  • Unique FX added for Psionic Melee.
  • Customizable FX modified for Force of Will pool powers.
  • Icons for Black Wolf Pet, Coyote Pet, Wolf Pet, Lioness Pet, Nightstalker Jackal Pet, Nightstalker Panther Pet, and Winter Wolf Pet made more unique.
  • Hybrid Control Overpower procs got a "!target isFriend?" safety check added.
  • Hybrid Control Overpower proc got PvP verisons of the various effects added.
  • Hybrid Doublehit effects changed to exclude Judgement powers and a minmax(1...30) cap added for power recharge. These must have been accidentally reverted at some point between live and beta.
  • Trivia: Whoever authorized the Burst of Speed in Martial Combat to bypass normal activation time checks is named "Jhamilton".

Supergroup Bases
  • Salvage storage racks increased from 30 capacity to 100.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
I weep! I wanted this forever!!!!!

Supergroup Bases

Salvage storage racks increased from 30 capacity to 100.

PS. All the other stuff is also cool, but as someone with about 10 bases scattered about I would have loved this so much. It was always juggle this just to keep stuff from overflowing. I also used them to store salvage that was prone to spikes in the market. I could a million for say Ancient Bone, but I would rather not.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »
Some intriguing stuff in those files.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 10:11:01 PM »
Some very cool stuff indeed.

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 12:21:58 AM »
Wait, so can we access the Kallisti warf map? If so how would one do that? I'd be curious to look around that area, even though it was never live. 

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 12:27:51 AM »
Sure, fire up Icon on a copy of the I24 beta and use /loadmap maps/Missions/outdoor_missions/Outdoor_Kallisti_Wharf/IOM_Stadium/IOM_Stadium.bin

The various copies of the map are all incomplete in some form or another, but IOM_Stadium seems to be the furthest along.

There's some annoying blue forcefields you'll have to noclip through to tour the whole map.