Author Topic: AE baby experiences that made you shake your head.  (Read 10722 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: AE baby experiences that made you shake your head.
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2014, 09:30:10 PM »
I taught someone who had been playing for two days how to get out of Atlas Park at level 30-something, and showed them how to get enhancements from something other than the ticket vendor and Wentworth's. Kinda disconcerting, tbh. Level 33 or something in two days of being a newb? Ouch. Talk about darkening the rest of the game in terms of leveling speed. They were complaining in broadcast about the limited scope of the game, which is what turned me on to helping them.

Happily, they turned into a real player (versus "Atlas AE only player") shortly after my tour, and ended up having a blast with the game for a long time. Lost track of them a few months before the shutdown notice.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 09:10:43 AM »
I had a similar experience, Agge, but with less encouraging results.

There was someone who was asking a few questions in AP broadcast about what else there is to do, and I figured out they were in AE, and somewhere in the 30s too, IIRC.

It just so happened I was gonna set up a TF or soemthing in that level range so I invited them along.  The character played pretty well, but as a melee AT that wasn't a Tank, there wasn't as much latitude to mess up too bad.  So, we played through the TF and I answered a ton of questions throughout about powers, slotting, enemy groups, lore, EVERYTHING.  I really thought that I had a convert on my hands and was going to /gfriend them and let them know about other things I might be doing when they asked somethign to the effect of "What's the quickest way back to AP?  I wanna get more levels on this guy, those missions were too slow."

/e facepalm

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
Some of those stories do have the smell of urban legend to them.

What is the tram?

How do I get to King's Row?

I never heard them myself, nobody I ever knew heard them, just they heard about it from somebody else or from the videos.

I heard both of these or variants of them, but was more likely to be higher level zones than KR, happened after the lowbie sewer trial as well as AE.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
I literally had to explain to someone step by step how to get to the Train station in AP because they had no idea where it was or how to use it.  I tried to explain using the map but they claimed it wasn't working.  (There was a bug where the icons would turn off, I tried to instruct them how to turn them back on: no dice.) They were trying to get to the mission I set where you have to board a train to get there.  They ended up in 8 different zones and each time the whole team is trying to help them get to the mish.  Eventually we gave up because if they couldn't do that, was there a point for them to "help" when they finally got there?

For the record, we were doing Maria Jenkins' arc IIRC...

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
When I started playing I was basically dropped in the game after the tutorial and knew nothing. The Tram? Yeah I see it. So What? Leveling? What's that?

I had basically hit level 5 before someone took pity and showed me a few of the ropes. I never forgot that help and I tried to pass it on, as did all of you.

I never met an AE baby, probably because I seldom formed teams just lead them. I hope i would be as patient.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »
I ran into a couple of AE babies in RV....talk about funny!!  I guess they wanted to try pvp'n their new 50's and after a few trips to the hosp broadcast was filled with pvp build advice  :o