Plan Z: General > Plan Z: General Discussion

Project Bane

(1/21) > >>

Joshex:
I have been away for a while, during that time I started my own MMO project. It's been rough and I really have no graphics to show yet as I decided to start with programming and placeholders.

I prefer to do things by hand, so you wont see any models from MakeHuman or Daz.

The project does have an official name, however right now until it's released the code name is Project Bane.

It is intended to be a superhero MMO, however it has no intended basis on CoX, anything similar is purely coincidental or has forced-my-hand due to limitations of the english language and/or 3D space.

It's a one person project, so far in the last 2-3 months since it began I have a file system and updater, a server, a map loader, and now I'm working on the login/account client. - next is the character designer and then, gameplay (I really want to get to the character designer and gameplay soon I'm super hyped to begin these 2 aspects, especially seeing as they'll be easier that the stuff I've been doing)

I've had to program alot on my own, even my own text rasterizer for those who knows what that means, well right now it's a 252 line script and will get longer. Text rasterization isn't the only core aspect I've had to program, even had to program my own mouse and kick the system mouse to the curb.

This means I have total control over every aspect of the game.  Though, techncally it's hard to call it a "game" at the moment as there is little interaction besides a few clickable buttons and a text box.

I also managed to procure a host, as he is an old friend.

Update: bug circumvented. text writer is finished, text reader is next.

SerialBeggar:
Good luck with your endeavor!  :D

Joshex:

--- Quote from: SerialBeggar on May 26, 2014, 01:46:25 PM ---Good luck with your endeavor!  :D

--- End quote ---

Thanks. will keep working at it. sorry for the belated reply havn't been able to get on titan for long these past few days, seems my ISP is perma banned, TonyV is taking a look at it.

Styrj:
Same here!  When it comes time for pre-Alpha/Alpha testing you sure wont have to look far! :D  Good luck with your project.

JaguarX:
good stuff. I aint been around as much as I like either. Two kids (stepkids but mine all the same) and change of career to follow a dream tends to do that it seems. But stopping by to say good stuff, good luck and "may the odds forever be in your favor. "

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version