Community > Roleplaying

Paragon Transit Authority: Public Hearing

<< < (6/6)

Paragon Avenger:
"It's the mayor's policy.  Open meetings, tranparency."  The PTA Chairman said as they waited to go to the podium.  They were waiting in the green room while the public entered the hall.
"Yeah, and we have to sit and listen to these freaks and their crazy ideas."  A PTA board member replied.
"Look, I know this is a bother, but remember this is an election year."  The PTA Chairman countered.
"The plans to merge the yellow and green lines are sound, but we still have to waste our time having a meeting to explain things."  Another PTA board member added.
"I know, I know, but I would much rather be out eating a steak or even at the opera.  Some of those people stink."  The first board member remarked.
"Yeah, yeah, but I'm warning you.  If you aren't respectful to any citizen, the mayor will have your resignation.  Do I make myself clear."  The PTA chairman threatened.
"Yes, I will play nice-nice to the freaks."  The first board member promised.
"Ok, let's get this zoo over with."  The second board member said.
They walked out on to the podium in single file and took their places.  The air was electric with excitement.  Something was going to happen tonight, something big.

Paragon Avenger:
He knew that it was all aruse.  They have already decided to merge the yellow and the green line.  It was hopeless, there was nothing he could say or do to make them change their minds.  At least the coffee was good.

Paragon Avenger:
"Mister Chairman, Mister Chairman?"  A voice cried-out above the din.
"The Chair recognizes the gentleman."
"Thank you, Mister Chairman.  I raise to ask, if you care about freedom, if you care about human-rights, if you care about progress, Mister Chairman, if you truily care about this city, merge the monorail lines!"

The place errupted in cheers, music started playing, ballons were dropped from the ceiling and people started chatting, "Only One Line!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version