Author Topic: My Ideal CoH Revival Wishes (and yours too!)  (Read 1435 times)

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
My Ideal CoH Revival Wishes (and yours too!)
« on: May 03, 2014, 03:27:01 AM »
In the hypothetical revival of CoH, I would love to see the Praetorian content expanded- continue the Loyalist/Resistance arcs through First Ward and beyond (the Lore AMA for 2014 mentions theoretical plans for a 40+ Neo-Tokyo arc).

Kallisti Wharf brought through to completion, of course. And some expansions/revitalizations of several of the existing and underutilized Blue and Red Zones- King's Row got some changes in i24, but it would be cool to see that expanded upon (notably with some of the "Turf War" changes mentioned in the AMA); of course Boomtown. Bricks also got some i24 changes that were nice, but I'd still like to see Crey's Folly revamped (perhaps turn it into a resettlement zone for Restructurist Rikti?)

Of course, tying red and blue sides together more directly would also be great (although I don't want PvP to be mandatory; perhaps as some kind of "opt-in"?)

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
Re: My Ideal CoH Revival Wishes (and yours too!)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »
I think it might be interesting if they incorporated the game's downtime after its shutdown and subsequent limbo. They were building up to a "coming storm" anyway. Everyone realizes that everything sort of "went black" and now suddenly they're awake again. How much time has passed? No one is really sure. Now no one can be certain if anything is real or not anymore. Not just Paragon, but Arachnos and the Rikti were affected. It even happened in Praetoria and the Shadow Shard. Whatever happened was pan-dimensional. It makes what occurred in Dark Astoria a picnic in comparison.

Now literally every faction from across the known multiverse must set aside their differences to help figure out what happened, and hopefully be able to do something about it.

That's what I'm thinking anyway.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »
To avoid crossposting and incurring the ire of the admins: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9693.40.html

Some ideas on fleshing out Pretoria

AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
I would like to see a few of the old Devs get the chance to work on certain parts of the game - if they want to.

I know most have existing jobs now but it would be great to see them building arcs or some such thing.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »
I'd like to see a challenge mode as an option for TFs and SFs.

Essentially, each successive mission would get harder until someone died.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »
I'd be too busy exploring the Moon stuff, if I understand their intended latest issue correctly... ???
checking it out for oxygen,water,SG base and of course the nearest WentWorths.
...not necessarily in that order.:roll:

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 03:30:10 AM »
Honestly - if they said they could bring the game back as is, no upgrades or new content or powersets - I would still be fine with that.
As long as I could log in and play - I played for the full 8 years and still never set foot in Pratoria or did a TON of the new content introduced over the years. I would have enough to keep me going another 8 years even if they didn't add a thing.