Author Topic: Squadron 42/Star Citizen  (Read 2338 times)

Power Play

• Minion
  • Liberty Eagle-Virtue/Power Play-Guardian
Squadron 42/Star Citizen
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:48:57 AM »

Anyone pledge for this game?

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

I've got a couple ships reserved and full access to alpha (late 2013) and beta testing.

It looks (to borrow a term from the Browncoats) shiny!

You can find me on the forums as O'Donovan (Irish) and my "global" (account ID) is ODonovan.

sl701

• Minion
Re: Squadron 42/Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
Have made my pledge there for sure. And I hope it turns out as great as the people hope (myself included ;D)
Not especially active on heir forums, though.

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:59:11 PM »
I've also made my pledge and haven't really been active in the forums. Just waiting to see what happens.

-H

Novapulse

• Underling
    • Novapulse @ Virtueverse
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »
I bought my first computer specifically to play Wing Commander, and I was very excited when I stumbled across the Star Citizen page in the middle of the crowdfunding campaign. My MISC Freelancer is bought and paid for and I'm looking forward to the game... for the most part.

The one huge disappointment so far is the active forums community. At this point I don't hold out much hope for the kind of community we had with CoH.

Power Play

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »

Power Play

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 05:00:13 AM »

Well, it's update time!

Yes, the forums are seriously starting to resemble the CoH.com boards.  The staff is present, frequently posting responses to players' questions and staying involved.  The devs are taking the players' suggestions very seriously and have indicated they're going to be putting in a number of features they hadn't thought of, which were suggested on the forums.  It's a heavily symbiotic relationship.  This is possible because the game was largely crowdfunded, so the players are being treated as the producer.

If anyone hasn't checked out Star Citizen yet, PLEASE do so.  It's going to be a sandbox game with no character levels and open-ended game play.  Players will be able to do almost anything they want, from being miners, to merchants, to pirates to business tycoons to military (mercenary/paramilitary) pilots.  They're even having a RACING league ingame, where pilots in souped up hot rod spaceships will be competing for The Murray Cup Championship in both unarmed and armed (seriously!) divisions.

See you in the black!

Power Play

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
Arena Commander, the Star Citizen arena/dogfighting module, is about to go live!

Anyone from CoH who's in the game, drop me a note over there.  My ID on the forums there is ODonovan.  I'd love to get ingame with some other CoH vets, even if it's only to fly around and pew pew a bit (for now).

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/