Author Topic: The IDF should have used these for their tanks ...  (Read 838 times)

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
The IDF should have used these for their tanks ...
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »
One thing that kind of bugged me about Praetoria, albeit this is minor nitpicking, is that the IDF appeared to use the same tanks and armored vehicle assets as Primal Earth's factions do (Vanguard, Council, Shadow Shard's multinational military force, etc.).

If you ask me, something like this would have been far more in line with the aesthetic and feel of Praetoria:

That's the recently-showcased PL-01, Poland's concept vehicle for their next main battle tank (and modular too, so the chassis can serve other roles).

I have to say this is the first time I've seen a defense industry company showcase their latest toy with dubstep.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
Re: The IDF should have used these for their tanks ...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:55:30 AM »
that actually looks cool
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:11:54 PM »
Probably mostly due to the economy of reusing art assets more than anything else. Same reason we never really got time travel missions to the 40's.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »
interesting.

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 01:08:49 AM »
I'm still a little irritated that Vanguard had all that snazzy tech and yet didn't have tanks to match their armor. You'd think they'd keep the theme running. But that's just me being OCD.

I still dream of the day when we might get limited mastermind customization with a different set of creatures to choose from for each summon so I could have a cyborg commando with Vanguard drones on a robotics mastermind. Same model is already used for Vanguard heavies. I'd have played the pancake out of a toon like that.