Author Topic: Fighting is... Feminine?  (Read 1270 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Fighting is... Feminine?
« on: April 27, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
After all, isn't fighting/killing the ultimate emotional outburst?

Emotional outbursts are things girls have, right? Not manly men.

Think about that the next time you not only choose to rise above but are successful.

Oh, fellow male CO players (<-- disclaimer for any well meaning thread moving moderators)

Edit:
As writing this was an emotional outburst of mine I hadn't thought it all the way through. The message is designed to be counter-culture/humorously provocative and is not meant solely for any specific gender or sexual orientation.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:02:08 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Fighting is... Feminine?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:04:20 PM »
^ Just to clarify ^
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »
I was starting to wonder if maybe Titan needed a sobriety filter... ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
If I explained it wouldn't make things any better. Maybe it will. I'll try.

I've been in a forced situation like this lately. With making the choice. At one time the person putting me in the position was a lot older and bigger than me. Now, they're just a lot older and I'm still thinking, hey, ya know, I'm just not into it.

And then it dawns on me, oddly, hey, what is fighting anyway... and the topic was born. Because where else would I go to share such an epiphany but here? The place where people have already waded through 600+ posts of my weirdness.

To summarize.

Yeah you're right it's weird. My bad.

Some Faves:

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:49:34 AM »
Meh. No question, if I ever cross paths with the guy who bullied me from 1st grade through high school....

And it will be a manly, testosterone-fueled vengeance. Yes I know, you shouldn't hold grudges, and normally I don't. But this guy....I owe him. :)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 03:58:31 AM »
And it will be a manly, testosterone-fueled vengeance.

lol

I've had a few of those and can't say as I regret any of them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:15:15 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
When the bully is your mentally ill dad who you have a history of abuse with revenge just doesn't seem so sweet. Even if he is actively doing his retired best to make your life as miserable as he possibly can.

I don't have grudges or anything like this and aren't trying to bring any drama, at all, but including this tidbit of info does probably shed some light on a reason one would choose against fighting even if it's pushed on them and they could surely win.

Yeah, shame on me that I brought this to you guys. I've not been in many situations yet that allow for making friends since I moved back here to the bush. Up until now it's been more about survival or coping with the most recent bad decision I've made. The only person I keep in touch with here is my AG professor from when I recently went back to school to learn a more appropriate trade for the area doing something I just happened to find out I like and am decent at.

Thanks for tossing in some lighter-side  : ) Sorry bout the goofy topic, I slipped.

Some Faves: