Author Topic: Marvel Heroes Weekend Event  (Read 83253 times)

Hero of Steel

• Boss
Re: Marvel Heroes Weekend Event
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2016, 12:02:31 AM »
From Asros

To celebrate Leap Day this year (Monday, February 29th), we will be having a special event this weekend!

From 12:01 AM Friday, February 26th through 11:59 PM Monday, February 29th, we will be setting server side XP boost to a whopping 229%!

Happy eventing!

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/261323/official-february-event-schedule/p1

Monday, be sure to log in for a free Throg pet to celebrate LEAP DAY!

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3427738#Comment_3427738

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2016, 03:00:06 AM »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:19:37 AM by Hero of Steel »

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2016, 04:42:12 AM »
From Asros
Hello all!

As I'm sure all of you are aware, there is a pretty big film coming out this Friday! With it comes some fantastic new content in our game, inspired by Captain America: Civil War!

Starting this Friday, May 6th, we will be kicking off our first event of the month and will continue through the coming weeks.

5/6 - 5/12 - Marvel Heroes: Civil War Part 1!

• Crossbones in Patrol Modes - Crossbones and his band of mercenaries have begun terrorizing civilians in Hightown Patrol, Industry City Patrol and Midtown Manhattan Patrol. It is up to our heroes to go in there and stop him before more innocents are caught in the crossfire!
  • Madripoor Bazaar Chase - Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D have been busy tracking Crossbones and have located him in a heavily populated Bazaar located in Madripoor. Many innocent civilians are trapped and only our heroes can go in and help them! The chase ends with a confrontation with Crossbones that will have a very polarizing effect on the world and their opinions on super heroes.
  • Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 50% bonus experience! This includes Captain America, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Black Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Spider-Man!
Edit: Due to player requests, we will also be doing 50% base bonus experience for all playables.

• Giveaways - We will be sending out 2 codes later this week, one for each side in the Civil War. You will be able to redeem only one of the codes in order to declare your allegiance! The codes will give you either a FREE Iron Man and Team Iron Man Mystery Box, or a FREE Captain America and Captain America Mystery Box! These codes will only be available for a VERY short time, so be sure to claim them quickly once we send them out!
5/12 - 5/19 - Marvel Heroes: Civil War Part 2!

• Civil War! - After the events of Madripoor, lines are drawn between Super Heroes and you must choose a side! Raise you influence with your team by doing daily missions and hunting down Super Villains. Will you do what it takes to ensure your side is the winning side, even if it means fighting other Super Heroes?
  • Tournament - Prove your allegiance by working with other players in a Civil War tournament, where the rewards are not based on individual placement, but team performance!
  • Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 100% bonus experience!
5/19 - 5/26 - Marvel Heroes: Civil War Continued!

• All the new Civil War related game content from the previous 2 weeks!
  • All the new Civil War related event content from the previous 2 weeks!
  • Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 150% bonus experience!
5/26 - 6/3 - The Calm Before The Anniversary!

• Civil War Game Modes, patrol bosses, event components will be going away!
  • Odin's Bounty Returns!
As you can see, we have a pretty action packed month for you and we can't wait for players to get to experience all the new content!

Obvious questions:

Q: What are in the Captain America/Iron Man Mystery Boxes?

A: Each mystery box has a guaranteed random hero or costume, a Team Captain America/Iron Man Spotlight Visual and at least 1 random Fortune Card. Other items in the box include Exclusive Iron Man and Captain America Team-Ups in their Civil War costumes, 2 new STASH pets that are Statues of both Captain America and Iron Man, new spray paint items for many of the characters in Civil War and many other boosts and Fortune Cards!

Q: Why is the Civil War content going away? What all will be unavailable?

A: Our Civil War event is the largest event we have ever done and we want it to feel special and exciting for players. We plan on bringing the Civil War event back several times throughout the year, however it wont be a part of the usual event rotation since it is quite large in scope. When the event is over, the associated game modes, tournament, dailies, influence vendors, faction hubs, etc will be unavailable.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/276355/official-may-events-schedule-civil-war/p1

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
I just started playing this a few days ago. I had tried it in the past but not really spent much time with it. The game is pretty fun for what it is and the community seems to have settled down quite a bit. I wasn't ready for all the Civil War stuff, though. That's interesting.

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »
Castegyre, in case you haven't already done so, there are some older codes that you can apply to your account that still work (the codes provide various in-game boosts).

There is a list of them here.

http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

And redeem them here. (Codes are case sensitive)

https://login.marvelheroes.com/dashboard/redeem.php

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2016, 03:33:24 PM »
Thanks

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2016, 07:24:15 AM »
Free Hero This Weekend.

Beginning after the patch today, from Friday through Sunday, MH will be giving away free unlocks for Captain America or Iron Man with TEAMCAP or TEAMIRONMAN codes. You only get to choose one though!

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2016, 05:12:53 PM »
There's also the codes TEAMCAPMB and TEAMIRONMANMB for the corresponding Mystery Box, which is guaranteed to contain either a random costume or a random hero, as well as a visual artifact of the character's logo, on top of other goodies (which range from common items like boosts to rare items like the corresponding character in their Civil War costume as a Team-up).  Like the character codes, you can only choose one.

Apparently, the mystery box was supposed to come with the character, but they messed up and forgot to include them, so they just turned them into separate codes.

Edit: They extended the time to redeem these codes from just the weekend to the entire month.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:44:26 PM by Thunder Glove »

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »
Man, I'd play this game more frequently if it wasn't a multi-gigabyte download every time I fired it up. I like Marvel 201X in small bursts, but it's a real pain when that means that the first session each time involves waiting forever for the patch to download and install.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »
I launch it via Steam for that reason.  I'd much prefer to use the game's own dedicated launcher, but Steam updates the game so much more quickly it's ridiculous.  (I'm talking the difference between fifteen minutes and eight hours)

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2016, 02:13:59 AM »

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2016, 10:24:11 PM »
I bought Ultron and playing him reminds me of a fire blaster who has Patron and Lore pets.  Lots of damage, both AoE and single target, but is a glass cannon.  The pets make staying alive easier.

He's fun, I recommend him.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
I spent the last few days leveling Vision up through 60 cosmic. I are take brake nao.

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2016, 04:22:54 AM »
Also as a special treat log in at any point this weekend to receive a FREE Random Hero Box as well as a FREE Random Costume Box!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/operation-omega-special-event

Hero of Steel

• Boss

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2016, 01:29:13 AM »

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2016, 04:23:32 PM »

Hero of Steel