Author Topic: Silver Age Sentinels  (Read 1256 times)

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Silver Age Sentinels
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this game topic, but I figured I'd give this a shot.

My friends and I miss City very much and with nothing close to it out right now (still have high hopes for Titan) we've chosen to take matters into our own hands (and some control) and want to create a superhero campaign in SAS. So far I've bought up all but two books (couldn't find them) and have also gotten together some generic maps to use, but as I did so I wondered if there were any other players of our beloved CoX who had at some point already turned characters, enemy's, PC and NPC, villains, contacts, whatever into some form of Pen and Paper RPG format and would be willing to share what they had, and hopefully do the same myself. Heck, maybe we could use this thread to start a database of enemy's, characters, and locations.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
Re: Silver Age Sentinels
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:42:32 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this game topic, but I figured I'd give this a shot.

My friends and I miss City very much and with nothing close to it out right now (still have high hopes for Titan) we've chosen to take matters into our own hands (and some control) and want to create a superhero campaign in SAS. So far I've bought up all but two books (couldn't find them) and have also gotten together some generic maps to use, but as I did so I wondered if there were any other players of our beloved CoX who had at some point already turned characters, enemy's, PC and NPC, villains, contacts, whatever into some form of Pen and Paper RPG format and would be willing to share what they had, and hopefully do the same myself. Heck, maybe we could use this thread to start a database of enemy's, characters, and locations.

Not directly to your question and I've never tried to develop the COH world... but the best pastiche Comic "Universe" I know (BAR NONE) of is Steve Kenson's "Freedom City" world that was the original basis for Mutants and Masterminds (which I also consider the best and most flexible Super Hero RPG).  I would rank Freedom City even above Kurt Busiek's Astro City among "homage" universes for everything DC/Marvel -- the depth of the universe puts the COH mythology to shame (and COH/COX wasn't bad in that department). 

In my opinion, M&M 2nd edition is also the gold standard for online Superhero gaming and the Freedom City sourcebook is a revelation in it's own right.  It's also entirely worth finding the out-of-print modules (a lot are electronically available online) especially the "Golden Age" "Silver Age" "Iron Age" modules.  M&M is one of the original D20 games (though not truely D20 because it played with some new approaches to combat etc) that derived originally from D&D 3rd edition.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"