Author Topic: Gotham (New TV Series?)  (Read 1428 times)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Gotham (New TV Series?)
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »
Marvel may own the theaters, but looks like DC will be making their mark on the tube.

So if this goes through, what's that now, 3 DC shows: Arrow, The Flash, and now this "Gotham" show about Jim Gordon. Sounds like it's pre-Batman, and with it being set in Gordon's early career, I hope they don't go with guys like the Joker, Two-Face, etc. but rather go with the various crime families like the Falcones, Maronis, Rupert Thorne. They might could get away with Penguin (though I'd prefer he's referred to as "Cobblepot" running the Iceburg Lounge). Either way, I'm VERY interested in how this will play out.

Thoughts?

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
Re: Gotham (New TV Series?)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »
i wouldn't mind a Joker appearance if it was an appearance as the Red Hood.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:56:36 AM »
Marvel may own the theaters, but looks like DC will be making their mark on the tube.

So if this goes through, what's that now, 3 DC shows: Arrow, The Flash, and now this "Gotham" show about Jim Gordon. Sounds like it's pre-Batman, and with it being set in Gordon's early career, I hope they don't go with guys like the Joker, Two-Face, etc. but rather go with the various crime families like the Falcones, Maronis, Rupert Thorne. They might could get away with Penguin (though I'd prefer he's referred to as "Cobblepot" running the Iceburg Lounge). Either way, I'm VERY interested in how this will play out.

Thoughts?

Honestly without Batman's Rogue Gallery, it wouldn't be any different from any other Crime Show IMO.

It might be cool if we see Thomas and Martha Wayne ... or maybe Gordon taking an interest in a young Bruce, but that's probably not enough for me to check it out.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 05:53:39 AM »
it's pretty much been said everywhere else on the internet, I'd rather see Gotham Central, or a police procedural around Bullock and Montoya, than just DC pointlessly chasing Marvel again in a desperate quest for Avengers buzz without the required effort.

The fact that Fox is in on this shows they too are desperate for it considering how the last few Wolverine movies have tanked, how not much is being said about Days of Future Past, and how Jackman is pretty adamant about not playing Wolvy again in recent interviews. they need comic book money somewhere and their one warhorse is pretty gimpy.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:30:52 AM »
Full trailer has just been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

Looks pretty good honestly. Appears to be more of a cop drama along the lines of Blue Bloods and Chicago PD, with the obvious ties to the Batman universe. I really hope FOX actually gives this show a chance, but with the cancellation of Almost Human, I'm almost afraid to watch just from fear of losing a show I enjoy.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
I'm a huge Batman nerd, but I've found it very hard to be excited about this show. The trailer is pretty good and the cast looks solid, so I'll check out.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 04:28:03 PM »
I thought the trailer was pretty good, setting things up, showing the potential of the show... But only one way to truely find out, is to watch, then make a decision.