Author Topic: "Our goal remains to make at least one person on this earth happy..."  (Read 4505 times)

Fleur_uk

• Lieutenant
  • @Fleur_Eriss
If the CEO of Ncsoft really feels that way then why not, get Paragon Studios back and give us our beloved game back?  That would make many of the COH community very happy.  I don't understand how someone can make such a statement then turn around and make a mass of people unhappy?  Sorry, rant over. 

http://global.ncsoft.com/global/aboutus/ceomessage.aspx

Styrj

• Boss
Re: "Our goal remains to make at least one person on this earth happy..."
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:18:52 AM »
+10,000 to that!

Continues rant.....  That's probably one of the most hypocritical statements made yet. In one fell swoop, he made 10s of thousands of loyal CoHV players very unhappy!  :-[  Rant over.

Go spiritual successor projects!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
"Our goal remains to make at least one person on this earth happy..."

What he didn't say is that the one person on Earth he wants to make happy is himself.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
Didn't it used to say that their goal was to make everyone happy?  It seems they've severely downscaled their goals since CoH closed.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »
I'd say it's been going on a lot longer than that. Before CoH, it was Exteel, Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault, Dungeon Runners ... A lot of upset and disappointed player bases have been left in NCSoft's wake.

NCSoft brags that it's the "world's premier publisher of MMORPGs." They just like to omit that they're the world's premier killer of MMORPGs, too.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »
Didn't it used to say that their goal was to make everyone happy?  It seems they've severely downscaled their goals since CoH closed.

Must've had another one of those "realignment of focus" episodes that they like so much.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
Must've had another one of those "realignment of focus" episodes that they like so much.

is that the corporate version of a 'company wide continuity reboot'?

it's like NCSoft went all new 52.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:21:43 PM »

What he didn't say is that the one person on Earth he wants to make happy is himself.
And the stock holders.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »

Actually it's the leader of the country to the north so he doesn't do anything really stupid and confines himself to things like http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26747649.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 12:29:17 AM »
Our goal is to make the one remaining person on earth at least this happy.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 03:43:55 AM »
This came up during the closing.  It was in their mission statement.  We beat it to death then.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 06:50:08 AM »
It's theraputic to beat it to death every time it pops back up. It's like whack-a-mole for corpspeak.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 01:13:40 AM »
If the CEO of Ncsoft really feels that way then why not, get Paragon Studios back and give us our beloved game back?  That would make many of the COH community very happy.  I don't understand how someone can make such a statement then turn around and make a mass of people unhappy?  Sorry, rant over. 

Empty corporate platitudes are a waste of time; for both them and us.  Yes, something NCSoft did made a customer somewhere happy.  Without any specified length of time for the aforementioned goal, they can declare Mission Accomplished and now are free to do whatever they like instead (e.g.: off-shore dumping, shutting down other games, "coning" when at the McDonald's drive through, ripping tags off of mattresses.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 08:13:50 PM »
Indeed so.

I took note of the original mission statement back when I was collecting relevent material during the Save CoH campaign. The original statement was this :-

Mission - To make people in this world happier
The ultimate goal of NCSOFT is to make each and every one on earth happier. That is, to make people's lives more enjoyable.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
When it comes to what corporations say it is actions not words that speak!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 07:31:18 PM »

especially after thousands of us wrote letters to Mr. Taek Jin Kim, (including me)...I guess his interest in making 'one person happy' must only be targeted to a gadzillionaire. >:(

Fleur_uk

• Lieutenant
  • @Fleur_Eriss
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »
Indeed so.

I took note of the original mission statement back when I was collecting relevent material during the Save CoH campaign. The original statement was this :-

Mission - To make people in this world happier
The ultimate goal of NCSOFT is to make each and every one on earth happier. That is, to make people's lives more enjoyable.

Blatant lie...How sad.  I suppose I don't understand, and never will.   This company has put me off that much, I haven't played nor will support any games by NCsoft since they took away my lovely heroines.  I probably sound quite bitter.    I just can't be arsed with such hypocrisy and rudeness from a company, especially a gaming company that has been loyally supported by fans for years and from what I've read they were still in profit when they shoved us out and closed the doors. 
Sigh.....Sorry again for the rant. xx

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »
Statements like these are just so much fluff and everyone knows it. Not sure who anyone is trying to kid anymore with stuff like this. They're a for-profit company. We KNOW what their goal really is already.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 03:42:32 PM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.