Author Topic: The 100  (Read 959 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
The 100
« on: March 21, 2014, 11:35:03 PM »

So I watched the pilot episode of this show, and I enjoyed it enough that I'll watch the next one.

One of the things I think they did well was that neither of the two primary bad guys in the show act like cardboard cutout bad guys who are evil for the sake of being evil. A situation that looked to be set up for the murder of one of the "good guys" turned out to be something a lot less lethal, and the big bad on the space ship clearly showed regret at the idea of killing innocent people.

One thing about it, I can't imagine the population is 4000 people as the original description indicated. They had 100 kids of near adult age who were essentially on death row. Assuming all the kids were imprisoned like the lead female character, they were essentially non productive members of the population. Seems like a waste of resources.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: The 100
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:06:15 AM »

And of course they kill off my favorite character...

Anyone watching this show?

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 03:58:03 AM »
Not yet.  It's on my list.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 01:38:57 AM »

I am enjoying the show, but the lead actress is a bit on the wooden side.

Spoiler for Hidden:
You just lose your best friend, the guy who spent his life doing everything for you, and you display about as much emotion as a drink coaster.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
The 100 also got a second season. It has been getting some fairly strong reviews in USAToday, and it's really less of the teen romance thing than I expected.