Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210964 times)

Vella

• Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28980 on: April 24, 2019, 04:11:24 AM »
Not much of a big announcement.  We already knew this.

No information on the state of the server?

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28981 on: April 24, 2019, 04:13:32 AM »
And now they admit the third party is TonyV.

Mind you, when TonyV's tweet went out, they said their big announcement had nothing to do with TonyV's tweet.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28982 on: April 24, 2019, 04:25:21 AM »
And now they admit the third party is TonyV.

Mind you, when TonyV's tweet went out, they said their big announcement had nothing to do with TonyV's tweet.

Yeeeeeeeah... they made it seem like there would be two different announcements, via two different groups of people: one from the SCORE dev team, and one from Tony V and the Titan Network negotiation 'team'.

Kind of misleading.
Viva la Virtue!

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #28983 on: April 24, 2019, 04:28:53 AM »
We know how this will end.  See you all in about 6 1/2 years.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28984 on: April 24, 2019, 04:38:40 AM »
I mean...you guys didn't read it did you?  They aren't going to stop making a private server, and they aren't going to stop releasing the code.  They are just moving slower.  If it doesn't go anywhere its back to where we were 3 days ago.  This is closer than we have been in years, very little thanks or gratitude.  I mean most of us got to play again this weekend something we thought we would never do again.  How did it go from "That was amazing" to "I want more wtf" so quickly?

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #28985 on: April 24, 2019, 05:07:32 AM »
Whoa...  I've been of two minds since the news about the private server blew up, and I missed the window this past weekend.  My biggest reservation about playing CoX in this configuration is the constant state of peril.  I don't think I could enjoy playing under the looming cloud of legal threat from NCSoft nor the mercurial vagaries of any private server run by an individual whose situation, finances, etc could change at any moment.

If the Titan Network can get a permanent, irrevocable OK from NCSoft this would remove both aspects of my worry.

Tony -- thanks for trying to pursue a legitimate course of action, as always.

Of course, if you succeed I'll have a new quandary when City of Titans finally comes out, but what a lovely quandary to have!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #28986 on: April 24, 2019, 05:17:10 AM »
We know how this will end.  See you all in about 6 1/2 years.
That's no longer an option. It's well past the point where NCsoft can prevent more servers from going live. In fact unless NCsoft moves quickly i expect that independent servers will be up and running before officially sanctioned servers. Actually i suspect they will be anyway, but if there's a public 100% legal option i will take it.

Oh, and i'd still like to play with City of Titans in the near future as well, but that's a topic for a different forum.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28987 on: April 24, 2019, 05:29:53 AM »
I've been watching the B-Team coders (the A-Team have their chat hidden) and in one day, they're close to cracking I24 open. I can only imagine where the A-Team is.

So, there will be an i24 branch released into the wild. And when Leo's finished scrubbing, an i25 branch. Those genies aren't going back into their bottles.

But, it will be nice to see NCSoft bless a community effort or forswear legal action. I'm sure they don't want anyone suddenly making big bucks off of a CoH server and so, that should be their only stipulation.

Scott Jackson

• Plan Z: Gameplay Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28988 on: April 24, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »
You have my appreciation for the efforts being made by Titan folks toward a safe solution.  The high player population I got to experience over the weekend is exactly what I'd love to be part of in a restored CoH service.  Without a serious attempt to get clearance from NCSoft, it's clear that we could not truly relax on that biggest legal target, or enjoy the lowest latency, or donate funds cleanly to its operation.

I will continue to support various concepts for a plug & play server solution, takedown-resistant distributed player data storage, and at least partially-transferable characters already being proposed via coder discord.  I believe that an independent community of durable and flexible-rule private servers should flourish, along with options for personal/family servers.  However, the key to regaining a large friendly and trusting casual player population - many of our very important community members (and new ones!) - is a legal, visible, easily-funded welcome center.  Good luck to us all, though regardless of the outcome - we'll learn something useful.  Do we have a corporate friend to be praised for new wisdom, or a confirmed villain to be countered...

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28989 on: April 24, 2019, 10:33:25 AM »
Given the attitude he got when news of the private server going live, I could understand Leandro not wishing to provide any more help, but given a tweet he posted immediately after Monday's debacle, why can't they just get everything from him again?

I did want to try the Sentinel AT ....

:-[

But, yeah. No offense to Tony and I wish him luck, but I'm not overly optimistic that NCSoft will agree.

Given past attempts that were refused where real money was offered, I just don't think NCSoft will deal.

Primus1

• Minion
« Reply #28990 on: April 24, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »
Never Forget...

navyrayne

• Minion
« Reply #28991 on: April 24, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
Heroes Never Give up.

Villains Never Surrender.
Community and Media Relations Manager - Pixel Constructor LLC - Grumpy Witch
Formerly,
Community Manager - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Games
Community Manager - Legends of Aethereus - Three Gates Studio
Community and Media Relations Manager - Heliborne - JetCatGames

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28992 on: April 24, 2019, 01:40:23 PM »
I feel like "Unbroken Spirit" perfectly exemplifies the majority of our community, and I would love to see that used at the name of the new server(s), or the official I25 release.
What was no more, is now reborn!

navyrayne

• Minion
« Reply #28993 on: April 24, 2019, 02:15:12 PM »
I feel like "Unbroken Spirit" perfectly exemplifies the majority of our community, and I would love to see that used at the name of the new server(s), or the official I25 release.

Same.
Community and Media Relations Manager - Pixel Constructor LLC - Grumpy Witch
Formerly,
Community Manager - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Games
Community Manager - Legends of Aethereus - Three Gates Studio
Community and Media Relations Manager - Heliborne - JetCatGames

Tribunus

• Minion
  • Pinnacle of Virtue
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #28994 on: April 24, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »
We will never quit!
"It's not about where you were born. Or what powers you have. Or what you wear on your chest. It's about what you do....It's about saving others."
Tribunus to other Virtue heroes during the Cataclysm

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #28995 on: April 24, 2019, 03:52:07 PM »
The server is up. Forum accounts & game accounts have to be re-created.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28996 on: April 24, 2019, 11:12:31 PM »
The server is back up anyway.  Even if they don't sell it Tony (Hoping they do) nothing is going to stop a server from existing.  I

doctorlurkin

• Boss
« Reply #28997 on: April 24, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »
OK so I haven't been here for a while and decided to pop in on a whim, and ran straight into all of this!  I'm pretty much out of the loop so I'm not even sure where to start. Where do I sign up and how soon can I be Masterminding? Now excuse me while I go over there and happy
dance!
I'm not really a doctor, but I've played one on Television!

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #28998 on: April 24, 2019, 11:41:15 PM »
Go to the discord server. You'll find required info there.
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13306.0

We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #28999 on: April 25, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »
If you don't care for Discord, the info can also be found on Reddit or Facebook.