Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7295437 times)

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28540 on: June 02, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #28541 on: June 02, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »
What did it say?
Something like:
"Hi, I used to work on City of Titans. (No, I'm not going to offer any proof of that. Just trust me.) Let me tell you about all the wonderful things
I did to make the game happen and how the people currently running the game screwed it all up because they are all SJWs."

Only much longer.

Basically, even if everything they said was 100% accurate, it was a highly unprofessional rant that revealed far more about the poster than it did Missing Worlds Media.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28542 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
Yup.  Let's hope this guy wants City back as it was.

If this guy can get CoH back online and even bring back some of the Paragon Studios staff as well......well that would be amazing except for one problem:

NCSOFT, the game killing company.

I want CoH back as much as the next person, I want to rebuild my army of overamped/min-maxed/PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER characters......

But seriously, do we really want the game back under NCsoft control?

Screw the fans once, shame on NCsoft

Screw the fans twice, shame on the fans.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #28543 on: June 02, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »
If this guy can get CoH back online and even bring back some of the Paragon Studios staff as well......well that would be amazing except for one problem:

NCSOFT, the game killing company.

I want CoH back as much as the next person, I want to rebuild my army of overamped/min-maxed/PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER characters......

But seriously, do we really want the game back under NCsoft control?

Screw the fans once, shame on NCsoft

Screw the fans twice, shame on the fans.

So you are saying you wouldn't play CoH if NCsoft brought it back online?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28544 on: June 02, 2018, 09:44:31 PM »
Something like:
"Hi, I used to work on City of Titans. (No, I'm not going to offer any proof of that. Just trust me.) Let me tell you about all the wonderful things
I did to make the game happen and how the people currently running the game screwed it all up because they are all SJWs."

Only much longer.

Basically, even if everything they said was 100% accurate, it was a highly unprofessional rant that revealed far more about the poster than it did Missing Worlds Media.
Was it Robert that said it?
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #28545 on: June 02, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »
Was it Robert that said it?
I honestly have no idea. I barely glanced at the poster's name and don't know who Robert is anyway.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28546 on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:21 AM »
Something like:

Only much longer.

Agreed.

I can't remember what the OP's name was, but he claimed that he was an early contributor for CoT and he was essentially driven out due to people not doing things the way he thought they should be done. He came across as super passive aggressive, very confrontational/stubborn, and not gonna lie... kind of sociopathic. He seemed super butt hurt about essentially being overruled and started spewing all his dirty laundry on social media like a pre-pubescent teenager who was just sent to bed early with no desert.

I visited his Facebook profile too, and you could tell that he was definitely a 'type'. He kept making subtle politically-driven digs/quips in his post on the COH Survivors page, and that same vibe was definitely present in the posts on his personal page as well. He also claimed to have founded/owned a gaming company of some kind? I found the Facebook page for the company, and it was riddled with similar drama/issues about people suing him over something? Not quite sure I remember the specifics.

...But yeah. He seemed unhinged, quite frankly. The dev folks over in CoT are probably better off without.
Viva la Virtue!

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28547 on: June 03, 2018, 07:28:37 AM »
The dev folks over in CoT are probably better off without.

Ain't that the truth.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28548 on: June 04, 2018, 03:07:25 AM »
Ain't that the truth.

Some day he is going to apply for a job with a real gaming company.

Their HR people will read his FB rants.

He will never get a callback.

Word to the wise, folks.  Never air dirty laundry on social media.  It will always come back to haunt you.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28549 on: June 04, 2018, 03:33:32 AM »
Are we sure this person wasn't on Ambien?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28550 on: June 04, 2018, 03:35:29 AM »
Word to the wise, folks.  Never air dirty laundry on social media.  It will always come back to haunt you.

Note to all potential employers: I would wear pants to the office, (if it were dress code).

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28551 on: June 04, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CoHSurvivors/permalink/1698018986950426/

Everyone's getting on the hype train over this lol. I really hope it's some type of significant announcement, and not something minor/trivial. And I don't say that b/c I personally hope it to be a huge announcement, but moreso that people will get cross with the SEGS folks if they feel like they've been baited or something has been 'blown up' purely for sake of anticipation, as opposed to an actual significant announcement/update of some kind...

But damn, look at all of the people who STILL want to see COH back in some way/shape/form. Really hits me in the feels!
Viva la Virtue!

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #28552 on: June 04, 2018, 08:50:40 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CoHSurvivors/permalink/1698018986950426/

Everyone's getting on the hype train over this lol. I really hope it's some type of significant announcement, and not something minor/trivial. And I don't say that b/c I personally hope it to be a huge announcement, but moreso that people will get cross with the SEGS folks if they feel like they've been baited or something has been 'blown up' purely for sake of anticipation, as opposed to an actual significant announcement/update of some kind...

But damn, look at all of the people who STILL want to see COH back in some way/shape/form. Really hits me in the feels!
So there's going to be an announcement Thursday...

Which is the first day I'll be cut off from internet access for almost two weeks.

Yup, that sounds about right.

On the other hand, (a) it's clearly not a playable server at this stage, from what I was able to dig through and read, and (b) after several years of no news about the original game, I can probably handle the not-knowing for a few more days.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28553 on: June 04, 2018, 10:00:30 PM »

Which is the first day I'll be cut off from internet access for almost two weeks.

On the other hand, (a) it's clearly not a playable server at this stage, from what I was able to dig through and read, and (b) after several years of no news about the original game, I can probably handle the not-knowing for a few more days.

Yeah - as you may have noticed from the ongoing posts about it, Rich Lawrence swept in fairly quickly when he saw what was happening and set more of a 'realistic' tone with everyone. Which, I think was very very very much necessary.

This community is still at such a fragile state. So any type of excitement building and/or fervor-inducing acts are going to work like a chaaaaarm lol. People actually thought that they were going to announce that we would have a full emulator up and running by the end of the week.  :roll:
Viva la Virtue!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28554 on: June 05, 2018, 01:10:24 AM »
So you are saying you wouldn't play CoH if NCsoft brought it back online?

If COH returns and its fate once again rests in NCSoft's hands as far as stay or shut down goes,  do YOU really want to spend your hard earned money with NCsoft again knowing their history of game killing?

Perhaps we should ask Richard Garriott about that.....
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28555 on: June 05, 2018, 01:13:25 AM »

Well though I am back to work despite not being fully regenerated, Thursday is my day off this week.

However I am not expecting a fully armed and operational emulator of CoH.  More like an alpha or beta version at best.

Still, here's hoping the emulator allows server hosts to customize the game as they see fit. I have some ideas in mind for some powers and classes.......

Checked a few other boards, apparently SEGS is setting the emulator to run Mission Architect content, all original content will not be there due to legal reasons, also events and raids likely will not happen if it is MA only, also likely no SG bases, etc, and that it will run on player servers.

Anyone else able to confirm this?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:39:35 AM by Sinistar »
In fearful COH-less days

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28556 on: June 05, 2018, 03:50:43 AM »
Note to all potential employers: I would wear pants to the office, (if it were dress code).

But would you keep them on, once you got there?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28557 on: June 05, 2018, 03:51:28 PM »
If COH returns and its fate once again rests in NCSoft's hands as far as stay or shut down goes,  do YOU really want to spend your hard earned money with NCsoft again knowing their history of game killing?

Yes.

Should NCSoft decide, by some miracle, to resurrect the game and have it back up & running at the point of shut-down, I would gladly give them my money (again) so I could play the game... again. And I think 99.9% of those former players who say they wouldn't are lying to themselves.
Viva la Virtue!

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28558 on: June 05, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »
Yup.  As mad at NCSoft as I am for shutting it down in the first place, I would be back in a hot minute if they resurrected it.  Now, that said, I would much rather have seen the Task Force Hail Mary solution be the way that we got CoH back, but as that does not appear to have gone anywhere, I will swallow my pride, and take what I can get.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28559 on: June 06, 2018, 02:09:47 AM »
Yup.  As mad at NCSoft as I am for shutting it down in the first place, I would be back in a hot minute if they resurrected it.  Now, that said, I would much rather have seen the Task Force Hail Mary solution be the way that we got CoH back, but as that does not appear to have gone anywhere, I will swallow my pride, and take what I can get.

...Yeah. So, about that.

What's been the most recent/final update on the 'negotiations' that may or may not have been taking place at one point in time? I'm assuming they're dead in the water, but has anyone formally stepped forward and acknowledged this? And furthermore, did we ever have any concrete evidence that the 'talks' were even real? Has Nate Downes come forward to confirm/deny anything?

I'm not saying we deserve transparency regarding this, necessarily... but I do feel like there are some unanswered questions. Something doesn't smell right to me.  ???
Viva la Virtue!