Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7273049 times)

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #23700 on: April 09, 2016, 11:44:23 AM »
It seems the bird videos have really reversed the polarity of the neutron flow of this conversation.  :)

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23701 on: April 09, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »
So.  I was spending some time in Open Simulator the other day.  (Think SecondLife done on open source software.)  I ran into a guy with the rather lurid name of Chief Thunderc*ck.  And I started thinking, "What a wonderful concept for a failed superhero!"

Obviously he'd be an electrical blaster.  His lightning would emit from his... thing.  And he would have a tragic love life...   :o

Failed superheroes.  Maybe I should have done a separate thread.  Well, I doubt there will be many follow-ups.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #23702 on: April 09, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
Obviously he'd be an electrical blaster.  His lightning would emit from his... thing.  And he would have a tragic love life...   :o

Only if he forgot to use a condom....

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23704 on: April 09, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »
Those were pretty funny, albeit slightly dark at times. There's a sixth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4CLe5CNUso
I just watched all of them! Good lord....

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23705 on: April 09, 2016, 11:59:55 PM »
So.  I was spending some time in Open Simulator the other day.  (Think SecondLife done on open source software.)  I ran into a guy with the rather lurid name of Chief Thunderc*ck.  And I started thinking, "What a wonderful concept for a failed superhero!"

Failed superheroes.  Maybe I should have done a separate thread.  Well, I doubt there will be many follow-ups.

No need for the electricity to come from there, storm/elec defender with a chicken head.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #23706 on: April 10, 2016, 03:08:11 AM »
Well, almost a year since the last post in the official thread.  Can we say the IP purchase is fundamentally dead ?

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

h2o2Cognac

• Underling
« Reply #23707 on: April 10, 2016, 03:20:18 AM »
Could say whatever you want, I guess

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #23708 on: April 10, 2016, 03:40:36 AM »
Well, almost a year since the last post in the official thread.  Can we say the IP purchase is fundamentally dead ?
You can. I won't. So no, we can't.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23709 on: April 10, 2016, 05:49:32 AM »
Patience is a virtue.
a Virtue is a grace.
Grace is a girl with a dirty face.

Although, I knew a girl named Patience once. So, I guess you could skip everything else and just say that Patience is a girl with a dirty face.

Or, just say, "Patience Grasshopper."
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23710 on: April 10, 2016, 06:52:02 AM »

Until someone actually involved in the negotiations says "We tried, and we failed. Sorry"... no, we can't.

Again, it took five years of negotiation for Joel to get the MST3K rights back, and it's only been two for the CoH negotiations.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23711 on: April 10, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »
Until someone actually involved in the negotiations says "We tried, and we failed. Sorry"... no, we can't.

Again, it took five years of negotiation for Joel to get the MST3K rights back, and it's only been two for the CoH negotiations.

Plus the whole Nexon thing may have caused some delays
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23712 on: April 10, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
I wonder if there's still a warehouse filled with those City of Heroes trading cards?

Surelle

« Reply #23713 on: April 10, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »

Personally, I think  it's been dead as a door nail for a very long time now, so much so that the team that tried to lease the CoX IP has been focusing on CoT/other things for so long that we're no longer on their minds as wanting an answer either way.  I'd love to be wrong, though.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23714 on: April 11, 2016, 12:06:27 AM »
Personally, I think  it's been dead as a door nail for a very long time now, so much so that the team that tried to lease the CoX IP has been focusing on CoT/other things for so long that we're no longer on their minds as wanting an answer either way.  I'd love to be wrong, though.
I have wondered what you can negotiate for 3 years about before you run out of subjects. I guess it would depend if contact is every week, once enery month or if 6 months goes by without anything happening. I dont think we will hear anything for a couple more years, I am not all that optimistic at this point.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23715 on: April 11, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »

I think they would find a way to let us know. After all, it gains them nothing to let false hope linger.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23716 on: April 11, 2016, 04:12:59 AM »
I wonder if there's still a warehouse filled with those City of Heroes trading cards?

If you mean the CCG that was out briefly, that warehouse is called "the corner of the floor to the right of my computer desk."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #23717 on: April 11, 2016, 04:20:15 AM »

The team that went for negotiations is different than the COT team, even though some of the people were the same. Besides, CoT had already Kickstartered, so they're obligated to make their product, no matter how negotiations turn out.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23718 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:19 AM »
Weekly update,

We love you.

Continue your discussion of, what was it?  Pie I think.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23719 on: April 11, 2016, 05:40:35 AM »
I have wondered what you can negotiate for 3 years about before you run out of subjects.

I tried to get a set of buffs for Martial Arts for six years.  I was still working on two of them when the game shutdown.