Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210732 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #13640 on: December 10, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »
I think it shows the versatility and appeal of COH that I largely solo'd incarnate with Dark Astoria content, and enjoyed it.  I mostly settled for 50+1, if you really wanted to max out you probably did need to do the itrials.  But the DA arcs were fun, and there are a decent number of people who didn't enjoy the mass carnage of the trials.  They felt a lot less heroic than the rest of the content, which seems counter-intuitive.  Not saying that's right or wrong, only that COH was played and enjoyed in a great variety of ways.  Pretty sure I'm not clueless, and I know I'm not trying to stop anyone from making progress.  ;)  As for the slow rewards, I was leveling so many toons it didn't really matter to me.

You had a lot of time then, thing is for many who had say 1-2 hours a day, that wasn't close to enough to get any reasonable progress on the incarnate powers.  You had a ton of time, the general point that can be made about any mmorpg these days :/.

Edit: Unless you did the weekly taskforce for a notice of the well then yes you could get +1 without the trials, but the advanced incarnate abilities all took thread and incarnate content-only components, 20 for a common, 60 for an uncommon, four uncommons(one of each type) plus 100 threads for a rare ect(and i think 400 threads plus 4 rares for a very rare).  Unless you somehow got lucky and I don't think you could get any better then a common component at the end of any of the missions in the solo content.

You'd get 1 empyrean merit a week doing the solos.  So you'd need 8 weeks to get a rare and you'd have to do them for a ludicrous amount of time anyways due to needing so many commons and the uncommon.  Or 8 + 8 + 30 weeks to get to tier 4.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:31:08 PM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

robo40

• Minion
« Reply #13641 on: December 10, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
Just pointing out that people enjoyed the game a lot of different ways.  I did do the weeklies, you could also get threads in the high level TF's.  Don't really remember all the details, just that I was having fun.  ;) 

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #13642 on: December 10, 2014, 09:31:16 PM »
As I pointed out earlier it was stated that they intended to include more solo incarnate content. Not so much, I think, that it would replace or exceed iTrials, but would be a viable if slower method. Unfortunately, the game was sunsetted before this could happen.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13643 on: December 10, 2014, 11:04:46 PM »
As I pointed out earlier it was stated that they intended to include more solo incarnate content. Not so much, I think, that it would replace or exceed iTrials, but would be a viable if slower method. Unfortunately, the game was sunsetted before this could happen.

I know right?  I will be honest, I did enjoy the stories, I know I haven't said anything about the stories but I did enjoy them.  I was surprised to see Ice Mistril sacrifice herself to allow Scirroco to escape and help the player, even, it showed a bit of character development I thought.  I was still saddened to see the knives of artemis suffering, even though they were bad guys.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

drmanbot

• Minion
« Reply #13644 on: December 11, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
I have to say,  I think the revamped DA content was some of the best in the game. Really made you feel heroic, and stopping a threat no one else could.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13645 on: December 12, 2014, 04:13:50 AM »
Know what I'd love to see eventually?

I'd love to see a total zillion page explosion of posts all ecstatic and happy and awesome and YAY that the game is definitely coming back, contracts are signed, ink is dried, and stuff is set.

Maybe some day, y'know?  :)

Just looking for something positive while I sit here and grade, grade, grade papers that assault me like endless waves of Hellions.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #13646 on: December 12, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »
Know what I'd love to see eventually?

I'd love to see a total zillion page explosion of posts all ecstatic and happy and awesome and YAY that the game is definitely coming back, contracts are signed, ink is dried, and stuff is set.

Maybe some day, y'know?  :)

Just looking for something positive while I sit here and grade, grade, grade papers that assault me like endless waves of Hellions.

You, too? About to finish my first semester as a full-time teacher and I coach basketball. Good news is I'll have more time for the end of year stuff...
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Litintha

• Underling
  • All hail Lelouch!
« Reply #13647 on: December 12, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
The fact that there hasn't been an update so far for the month of December is actually good news. It means that NCSoft is taking the deal into serious consideration, which in and of itself is something to be proud of for the group spearheading this endeavor.

And, I, too, am waiting for the final word (the hopeful good word) that we will be able to fly through the skies of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

My Blaster and Peacebringer have their costumes ready, and their power progression has been planned out, right down to the last enhancement slot.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #13648 on: December 12, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »
I had a dream last night where I was doing the story arcs in Faultline. Some of my favorites. ^_^

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #13649 on: December 12, 2014, 04:47:11 PM »
The fact that there hasn't been an update so far for the month of December is actually good news. It means that NCSoft is taking the deal into serious consideration, which in and of itself is something to be proud of for the group spearheading this endeavor.

And, I, too, am waiting for the final word (the hopeful good word) that we will be able to fly through the skies of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

My Blaster and Peacebringer have their costumes ready, and their power progression has been planned out, right down to the last enhancement slot.

My hope is the COH sale is a cherry on top of their end-of-year financial report (March 2015)
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #13650 on: December 12, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
I had a dream last night where I was doing the story arcs in Faultline. Some of my favorites. ^_^

Faultline, Croatoa and Striga! Loved those.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #13651 on: December 12, 2014, 07:44:59 PM »
Faultline, Croatoa and Striga! Loved those.

Vernon VonGrun, Operative Grillo especially the return of the Snakes!

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #13652 on: December 12, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
I missed alot of villain story arcs until sideswitching was added. During my earlier years in CoX liberty didn't have much of a villain population and I frequently couldn't find teams
after level 20 so I moved to freedom for villains which sadly was only farming in the 40 - 50 range. It wasn't until I switched my badger and main to villain that I even found
that snakes return story arc.

Sadly I didn't get to enjoy the limited praetorian content long enough to have favorites; since most of my friends only played hero characters. Didn't do alot of story content solo and when I did it was just to grab any badges I needed and then it was back to farming until friends logged in.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13653 on: December 12, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »
You, too? About to finish my first semester as a full-time teacher and I coach basketball. Good news is I'll have more time for the end of year stuff...

I can see you calling off practice because you have a TF commitment Jolty. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

PsiBug

• Minion
  • Hi everybuggy!
« Reply #13654 on: December 13, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »

I couple of weeks ago I had a dream.. not that I was even playing.. but that the CoH launcher was updating.. just updating... and in the dream I was SO STOKED!

Then yesterday I was doing some computer repairs and I found a stack of papers listing all of my alts on each server with notations about levels, supergroups, purple recipes, Inf and builds...

I'm going to spend so much time in the game when it returns....

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13655 on: December 13, 2014, 02:58:31 AM »
I just want to be able to recreate the PENGUIN arcs.  Waddle was a special little penguin hero.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #13656 on: December 13, 2014, 05:32:07 AM »
I'll Just say this:

Every Holiday (and i get a bunch since a work for a progressive organization) that I have more that a few days off I think about how much I'm not playing COH. It can't come back quick enough to suit me, but I know it will. I just have to be patient.

Here I am facing a two week vacation. No CoH. :le sigh:
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #13657 on: December 13, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

Here I am facing a two week vacation. No CoH. :le sigh:

I've been retired for the last 2-1/2 years, and my retirement plans always included long vacations on Talos Island.  How do you think I feel?

So instead of helping others out, my meglomaniac side has been slipping out more and more via long sessions of Civilization V.  "Today the World! Tomorrow the Stars!" (Yeah, I love 4X games as well.)
 ;D

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #13658 on: December 13, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »
I've been retired for the last 2-1/2 years, and my retirement plans always included long vacations on Talos Island.  How do you think I feel?

So instead of helping others out, my meglomaniac side has been slipping out more and more via long sessions of Civilization V.  "Today the World! Tomorrow the Stars!" (Yeah, I love 4X games as well.)
 ;D

Here! Here!  I know exactly what you're talking about!  To while away the time waiting for CoHV return, I play Civ V & Civ Beyond Earth (BE).
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Litintha

• Underling
  • All hail Lelouch!
« Reply #13659 on: December 13, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
This may have been brought up at some point, but I don't really have the time or the patience to look through all 600+ pages of comments. But, here goes:

While I am sure that NCSoft doesn't see the successor projects to be anything bad or projects that would have a negative impact on them...my concern right now is what they view SEGS to be. I realize that both parties have been moving forward in good faith in the negotiations, but my concern is if they think the community as a whole is still trying to be sneaking with having an emulator of CoX being made while we attempt to get the real CoX back.

From my understanding of korean business (which, at this point, is limited, I admit), this could be considered a proverbial "slap in the face," which could not only turn current negotiations into a train-wreck, but completely and totally prevent any and all future attempts.

Long story short: Should we get in contact with Nemerle and ask that he/she temporarily stop the development of SEGS while TF Hail Mary continues it's negotiations?

Of course, this is all dependent on if NCSoft even KNOWS about SEGS' existance...