Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210397 times)

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8620 on: August 12, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Hello guys and girls.

So everyone back to work after a good vacation? I sure am :) rough start getting up at 5.30.

Thanks for the update IRonwolf. Nice to hear that they have agreed on a price. Don't think I heard that before.

And as we say here in Sweden "simma lugnt". That is good for everyone  :)

Johnny Joy Bringer

• Minion
  • AP 33 /e holdtorch
« Reply #8621 on: August 12, 2014, 06:30:27 PM »
The tension, the passion, arguing, friction, IT'S WONDERFUL! Normally I have a dim view of that kind of nonsense, but now I see that it's just the result of people's desire for something they all love and the tension of having to wait to know! I don't care how nasty you got in this threat, what I heard what that you are hurting to get back into the city and I understand your pain. We're right there with you.

If something is worth anything it's worth waiting for. That doesn't mean we do nothing, but we add nothing to this effort. We've won. We won a long time ago, and we're going to get the original or spiritual brethren of the original, or we might just get it all. Damn! We're never been in a better position. What other group lost their game and had a possible four different options as a result! I blame all of you for this, because you are will incarnate. ;)

I don't expect anyone to be claim or as nice as they normally are. I expect to see people nervous, tense, and anxious, as if a loved one is on the operating table fighting for their life. That is the level of our love for the city and the ability to be an in-game community again. It's the most beautiful thing to see.

Just remember: Patience is on Virtue, err, I mean Patience is a virtue. Or, we'll get there when we get there.

Take care, city dwellers.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8622 on: August 12, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »
Do we need to have some deleted comments?

I get it that folks are a bit tense waiting - but waiting in this case is good. Waiting means things are still going towards the sale. Please don't let excitement and frustration towards the sale - become anger towards others here. We are all wanting the same thing - the return of our home.

So please edit your own posts if they were over the line.

Sorry Ironwolf. I am not in the least bit tense. I merely stated a suggestion then the whole thread goes wild. I merely stated to put things to rest. People responding with snarky comments like they woke up on the wrong side of bed. I usually am not critical unless someone challenges me with a stupid statement. I bear no ill will towards the Coh community.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8623 on: August 12, 2014, 06:34:10 PM »
Sorry Ironwolf. I am not in the least bit tense. I merely stated a suggestion then the whole thread goes wild. I merely stated to put things to rest. People responding with snarky comments like they woke up on the wrong side of bed. I usually am not critical unless someone challenges me with a stupid statement. I bear no ill will towards the Coh community.
I just want to point out that you have now taken up two pages of not talking on topic with your whining about people not talking on topic. ;)

Any further commentary along this line will be deleted. *mod hat*
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8624 on: August 12, 2014, 06:40:20 PM »
Given what we actually do know...for those who are technically superior among us...how long before we log in again? Considering what has been theorized lately as to state of the game when it reaches the developers hands.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8625 on: August 12, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
Given what we actually do know...for those who are technically superior among us...how long before we log in again? Considering what has been theorized lately as to state of the game when it reaches the developers hands.
Months and months at least. And that's AFTER the potential months it may take before they're ready to announce anything in the first place.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8626 on: August 12, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
It's called "fun". You should try it some time  ;D

fun goes really good with Blue bell ice cream....just about any flavor, although I wish they would bring back butterscotch

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8627 on: August 12, 2014, 06:46:44 PM »
If I didn't have diabetes before looking at that, I do now.

Which reminds me, once we get the game back, I'm gonna need to stock up on video-making snack food because I'm not going to be leaving my computer for about a week and a half. I wonder if I can put a pantry or something under my desk... along with a mini-fridge. Yeah.

BTW, Ironwolf, at some point I'll be bugging you for getting me one of your characters so I can put you in a vid. Hopefully the one I REALLY want to make once the news breaks the game is ours again.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I wonder if you name your characters after food would that violate any IP infringement xD

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8628 on: August 12, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »
Hello guys and girls.

So everyone back to work after a good vacation? I sure am :) rough start getting up at 5.30.

Thanks for the update IRonwolf. Nice to hear that they have agreed on a price. Don't think I heard that before.

And as we say here in Sweden "simma lugnt". That is good for everyone  :)

I loved the swedish  chef..absolutely the best muppet..even if he was talking psuedoswedish....

ha en trevlig dag

Apex Viper

• Minion
« Reply #8629 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
We now return you to our regularly-scheduled food discussions, already in progress.

I write a Southern cooking blog if you need more temptations
In the end, we all are heroes, even the Villains; fighting to save a city that we all love.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #8630 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:34 PM »

I am already logged in and playing. IN MY MIND!!!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #8631 on: August 12, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »
fun goes really good with Blue bell ice cream....just about any flavor, although I wish they would bring back butterscotch

Dadgummit!! Now you've gone and done it. The "Blue bell home made ice cream" jingle is stuck in my skull"  >:(
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8632 on: August 12, 2014, 07:30:13 PM »
You are exactly right that I won't reply about the studio until they say it is ok.

When that happens you will doubtless know who and what they are (...)

I think I've been listening a little too much to "Welcome To Night Vale", because I'm picturing them never revealing who they are. Even after obtaining the ISP.

"The Mysterious Hooded Figures who run City of Heroes have announced that the game is once again available for download! They have not provided a link. You do not need a link. The game will simply be on your computer next Thursday. Do NOT try to uninstall it."

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8633 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »

A fellow Texan I gather.

Blue Bell is the bee's knee's.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8634 on: August 12, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
mmmm...  ice cream...  (eyes glaze over)

In my mis-spent youth we brought a friend to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour for a Hot Fudge Volcano -- as I recall, 40 scoops of ice cream coated in chocolate sauce.  We had to roll him out to the car afterward.  The waitress was properly awed.

And that's a BIG Oreo.  May as well just buy a can of ready made cake frosting, sit down with a spoon and dig in.  Diabetes isn't so bad...  :)

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8635 on: August 12, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8636 on: August 12, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »
I did ask for an update - I asked not about what they are working on but rather how they are finding the project as a whole. Kind of a very high overview.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #8637 on: August 12, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »
I write a Southern cooking blog if you need more temptations

How's your blog listed? This southern cook would love to see your "temptations"! :)

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8638 on: August 12, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »
Yes ill indeed. You yourself make yourself look like a jack wagon. Perhaps if reading comprehension was your strong suit. I never commented on misc topics. I never that my opionion was superior over others. Never stated that in the least. What I wrote was a suggestion. Of course people can ignore it otherwise. Think before insulting others. And acting like a child shooting off child like statesments are the worst.

Oh, the irony.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8639 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »
It is what i do exactly sift through pages just to find Ironwolf's posts. I wish there was some kind of feature on this website to suscribe to a partcular person's post on a particular thread. That be so nice.

You can probably set up an email filter. Right now mine is set to delete every email that comes from the Titan forums that says "topic update" or something like that. However, the emails also note WHO was posting. So I suspect there's a way to filter email properly that only Ironwolf's posts get to your inbox.

...clicking on IronWolf's name and then clicking on the option to view just his posts.

Or this is probably easier.

A fellow Texan I gather.

Blue Bell is the bee's knee's.

There's ads for it in New Mexico too... And the actual ice ream. Their ads and jingle though...

Dadgummit!! Now you've gone and done it. The "Blue bell home made ice cream" jingle is stuck in my skull"  >:(

Not so good.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:13:57 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame