Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210328 times)

sindyr

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8560 on: August 12, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #8561 on: August 12, 2014, 01:07:21 AM »
Me too!

I remember Apple Basic. Ahhh, the bad old days!

They did have some bad moments but I will say that when someone complains about graphics I just smile. Games many people consider unplayable because of dated graphics still delight me (I don't just mean COH either).
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #8562 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:44 AM »
I'd totally be up for this.... Anyone else from central Florida on here? :P

I'm in central Florida. Might be up for a lan party depending on family schedules.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8563 on: August 12, 2014, 01:27:19 AM »
Id have way more fun if I got my stuff back..

Damn right! I'll play the game in whatever form, but I really want to play my incarnates again. That's the real fun for some of us.

Just have to wait and see.
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8564 on: August 12, 2014, 01:43:41 AM »
Damn right! I'll play the game in whatever form, but I really want to play my incarnates again. That's the real fun for some of us.

Just have to wait and see.

I had so many final builds it wasnt even funny.. I really wanted to see those characters evolve..

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8565 on: August 12, 2014, 02:31:08 AM »
I just wanna make a toon with the battlecry, "Cheese is not a number!"
Reference for you normals, "Roleplaying > Where Have All The Heroes Gone"
Normals, ( rolls eyes)

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8566 on: August 12, 2014, 02:38:31 AM »
I just wanna make a toon with the battlecry, "Cheese is not a number!"
Reference for you normals, "Roleplaying > Where Have All The Heroes Gone"
Normals, ( rolls eyes)

I want Black Knight to yell "NONE SHALL PASS" and "Its only a flesh wound"

and to once again patrol on my chicken man tank "Back alley Broiler"

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8567 on: August 12, 2014, 03:20:40 AM »
They did have some bad moments but I will say that when someone complains about graphics I just smile. Games many people consider unplayable because of dated graphics still delight me (I don't just mean COH either).

Lol, actually I remember what a kick it was to play games like Pong and Tank when they came out :)

The Star Trek game brought back memories of Apple ][ and programming in Basic. How young we were! *sniff*
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #8568 on: August 12, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »
Wow, nice! How'd that run go?

Only ever ran it once. That character has the MoUGT.   8)
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #8569 on: August 12, 2014, 03:57:54 AM »
Only ever ran it once. That character has the MoUGT.   8)

Very nice : )

Next to reading all the stories about people playing the game with their kids I get

excited knowing other people follow this thread with such genuine interest.

Here is my little one playing in CoH (Icon) with me earlier this evening. Even without a server he has fun running around the city.

http://youtu.be/dASU3fUfAMc
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8570 on: August 12, 2014, 04:06:18 AM »
Very nice : )

Here is my little one playing in CoH (Icon) with me earlier this evening. Even without a server he has fun running around the city.

http://youtu.be/dASU3fUfAMc

Cute!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #8571 on: August 12, 2014, 04:07:35 AM »
So last I heard, NCSoft had asked the mystery possible future devs for proof of "competence" as a prerequisite for taking the next step...

Where are we at now, Ironwolf? If we are still at that step, can you find out when it is likely that the next bit of news would be released through you, aka when the future timeline indicates that the mystery devs will have completed and submitted their "proof of competence" to NCSoft? I feel like I am losing track of even the vague and general milepost eta's that are next.

Part of what keeps hope alive for me is specific and ongoing reports every week or two on the state of the hopeful resurrection, and was wondering where things stood and what progress is being made and expected to be made since you made your announcement of NCSoft's need of "proof of competence".

Thanks for your ongoing help in keeping the community's hope alive. I look forward to your next report, and to each one that follows.

So, Ironwolf,

without naming any names or game titles, does the buying company have any games on the market? Ones considered to be successful?

Otherwise, you are doing a great job for us, Ironwolf! Thanks!
"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8572 on: August 12, 2014, 04:26:48 AM »
So, Ironwolf,

without naming any names or game titles, does the buying company have any games on the market? Ones considered to be successful?

Otherwise, you are doing a great job for us, Ironwolf! Thanks!

I don't think he can without giving away who it is.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #8573 on: August 12, 2014, 04:54:10 AM »
I don't think he can without giving away who it is.

... even if his only response was "yes"?

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8574 on: August 12, 2014, 06:04:17 AM »
Saying yes or no puts Ironwolf in a hard position: it implies he might or might not have more information than he can say about the company, its efforts, its capabilities, and its status with NCSoft.

It's very much like the scene in The Godfather where Kay Adams tries to give Consigliere Tom Hagan a letter for the absent Michael Corleone.  Hagan has to not take the letter--the bait, if you will--because the very act of taking that note from Kay would imply in a court of law that he knows the missing Michael's whereabouts, whether he truly knows or not.

In addition, the potential new team might even be comprised of current or former members from various companies--some out on the market already, some never with published experience.  A safe wager, and likely a realistic one, is that the new team is a company without published experience as this company, even if its constituent members have experience working with many published games and titles.  Thus, NCSoft has every right to ask what this company can do.

In addition to that, if we are dealing with an established company, NCSoft has just as much right to ask for a display of technical competence.  Just because an established company could make, say, a great Bejeweled style game doesn't mean that it has the capability to oversee a great superhero MMO.

Therefore, with all the above put together, Ironwolf likely cannot and should not say anything that might even be taken as a hint toward yes or no.  It would not only start rumor mills to churning and questions to asking, but it would also potentially endanger the status of the overall project.  He took a big risk in saying one name that the company was not, earlier, and even that could have serious potential ramifications.

Granted, I can't speak for him, but this is what I firmly believe his position likely is, even without hearing from him personally.  It's the safest way to go with the affair.  It's not plausible deniability, but it is the next best thing: essentially, taking the Fifth.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8575 on: August 12, 2014, 06:35:56 AM »
Ironwolf, only give us what you believe is safe to make known, and don't let anyone push you farther. Better that we learn patience and discretion, than to blow the deal.

Besides, we still have lots of other food topics to fill the time with.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:41:30 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8576 on: August 12, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »
Why can't you people make a new thread to talk about food? You people are just taking up space and forcing people to read through hundreds of pages just to find important information. Then you wonder why people come in here wondering what info is what and someone stupidly answers go to page one.. I think people should stop rattling and cool off. The next information to hit the page should be from ironwolf and what is going on with the team. Too many topics here could be created and talked about somewhere else. To have people who don't come here often come back and sift through 30+ pages isn't fair to anyone. Just my 2cents here.

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #8577 on: August 12, 2014, 08:51:17 AM »
Someone stupidly answers to go to page one? How is that a stupid answer?
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8578 on: August 12, 2014, 09:00:45 AM »
Then you wonder why people come in here wondering what info is what and someone stupidly answers go to page one
I didn't say go to page one. I said read the first post. The first post has every important tidbit and is constantly updated. Kindly lay off the attitude, thank you!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #8579 on: August 12, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »
Why can't you people make a new thread to talk about food? You people are just taking up space and forcing people to read through hundreds of pages just to find important information. Then you wonder why people come in here wondering what info is what and someone stupidly answers go to page one.. I think people should stop rattling and cool off. The next information to hit the page should be from ironwolf and what is going on with the team. Too many topics here could be created and talked about somewhere else. To have people who don't come here often come back and sift through 30+ pages isn't fair to anyone. Just my 2cents here.

This reminds me of an old brain teaser.  Fred's mom had four kids.  The first she named Quarter.  The second she named Dime.  The third she named Nickel.  What did she name the fourth one?

I didn't say go to page one. I said read the first post. The first post has every important tidbit and is constantly updated. Kindly lay off the attitude, thank you!

DiaBOLical!

Oh, and the answer to the brain teaser, of course, is Fred.