Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210751 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8540 on: August 11, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
Um..a LAN party? lol, I'm not even sure what that is. I'd just play along remotely!

I haven't had a beer in probably....10 years, but I might have one or two when the game gets back on. (Note that I said WHEN, not If.) And no, I'm not in that circle of trust - I just have faith.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #8541 on: August 11, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »
I haven't had a beer in probably....10 years, but I might have one or two when the game gets back on. (Note that I said WHEN, not If.) And no, I'm not in that circle of trust - I just have faith.

I still say 'if' just because I hate to get my own hopes up, but in the back of my mind I really think it is 'when' not 'if'. I've prepared for a reset by rebuilding my character in MIDs and got a badge checklist spreadsheet setup. I'll prob start designing AE missions next. It will be interesting to see how they do badges if they do a reset. Some badges are specific to dates in the past, and some are tied to purchases of certain products for example.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #8542 on: August 11, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »
So last I heard, NCSoft had asked the mystery possible future devs for proof of "competence" as a prerequisite for taking the next step...

Where are we at now, Ironwolf? If we are still at that step, can you find out when it is likely that the next bit of news would be released through you, aka when the future timeline indicates that the mystery devs will have completed and submitted their "proof of competence" to NCSoft? I feel like I am losing track of even the vague and general milepost eta's that are next.

Part of what keeps hope alive for me is specific and ongoing reports every week or two on the state of the hopeful resurrection, and was wondering where things stood and what progress is being made and expected to be made since you made your announcement of NCSoft's need of "proof of competence".

Thanks for your ongoing help in keeping the community's hope alive. I look forward to your next report, and to each one that follows.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #8543 on: August 11, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
July 24 - Direct quote: "we're working very hard on something to show someone. things will be quiet for a bit."

'a bit' could be another month or so easily.  Ironwolf has been updating quite a bit, but now, there's nothing to report.  So for him to come in and say that every time someone asks "anything new?" is a little bit much to ask, I'd say. :)

Patience e'ryone.  Exciting things, true, but let's not be too enthusiastic just yet.  Long way to go.  If there's no bad news, then that is indeed excellent news in and of itself, and should keep ya positive that things are moving along in a hopefully generally 'good outcome' direction!

*crosses fingers*

<.<

>.>

o.o

HURRY UP, NCSOFT.  I HAVE EVIL TO BATTLE!!!!

^.^

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8544 on: August 11, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »
Another Monday closer to logging in again. Have a great week my friends! Oh...and allow me to go ahead and say it now...Looking for a SG!!!

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8545 on: August 11, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
Sneak peek at the Super Secret Competency Project ---  (Don't Tell!)

http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/game/21593/pac-man-classic-arcade-flash-game.html

Or maybe I had the wrong link.  It may have been this.  Not sure.

http://www.vintage-basic.net/bcg/superstartrek.bas
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:59:07 PM by Goddangit »

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8546 on: August 11, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
Although interest was shown in the game and future development of the "Monster Summoning" power set, the City of Heroes costume creator was far to limited to make such a deal possible.

Hahaha!

Although I think there's good potential for a Gaga / CoH team up. Given stories about how it's helped kids, and the vast character creator that could have Gaga-specific costumes added (purchases go towards charity) I think that could be something that actually works...
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

microc

• Boss
« Reply #8547 on: August 11, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »
mmorpg.com started a stupid link about the sale of coh.
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6426197/thread/418936#6426197

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #8548 on: August 11, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »
That's not MMORPG.com, it's a random person on their forums. Slightly different.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8549 on: August 11, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »
So last I heard, NCSoft had asked the mystery possible future devs for proof of "competence" as a prerequisite for taking the next step...

Where are we at now, Ironwolf? If we are still at that step, can you find out when it is likely that the next bit of news would be released through you, aka when the future timeline indicates that the mystery devs will have completed and submitted their "proof of competence" to NCSoft? I feel like I am losing track of even the vague and general milepost eta's that are next.

Part of what keeps hope alive for me is specific and ongoing reports every week or two on the state of the hopeful resurrection, and was wondering where things stood and what progress is being made and expected to be made since you made your announcement of NCSoft's need of "proof of competence".

Thanks for your ongoing help in keeping the community's hope alive. I look forward to your next report, and to each one that follows.
See first post. There will pretty much never be public ETA's announced for anything.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8550 on: August 11, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »
See first post. There will pretty much never be public ETA's announced for anything.

This is why I could never be a mod.

*offers Aggelakis a platter of cake, pie and bacon*
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8551 on: August 11, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »
http://www.classicgamesarcade.com/game/21593/pac-man-classic-arcade-flash-game.html

Badly digitized sounds, slow animation, and no attempt whatsoever to get the monsters' movements right?  Uuuurgh.

(Yeah, I know that's not really by the new devs-to-be-if-all-goes-right, but I still wanted to comment on it.  Beyond a superficial resemblance, it plays nothing like the arcade game)

(P.S. to new devs-to-be-if-all-goes-right: I will be equally picky about a CoH2.  You have been warned) :D

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8552 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Man I am bummed this afternoon...so bored at work. Just sooooo wish I could log on and run a few missions on my old scrapper or defender. Miss that game some days more than others

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8553 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »

have patience young padawan, quick and easy leads to the darkside :D. One day we will get an answer whether way all we can do is trust in the team to do their very best and knock NcSoft's socks off. I can understand of wanting answers now, but we need to trust in the team now and send out good thoughts towards them.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #8554 on: August 11, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »

Ow... that person's post reads like a magic eye puzzle...@.@ 

And I still couldn't see the sailboat
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #8555 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »

"Requires 24K Memory!" I don't think I have a working machine that has less than 16M. Guess I'm out!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #8556 on: August 11, 2014, 10:18:59 PM »
Sneak peek at the Super Secret Competency Project ---  (Don't Tell!)

Man, I played teh heck out of Super Star Trek back in the day on my Apple ][!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #8557 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »
Ow... that person's post reads like a magic eye puzzle...@.@ 

And I still couldn't see the sailboat

Uh... that's because it's a DOLPHIN. 

/e shakehead
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8558 on: August 11, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »

Man, I played teh heck out of Super Star Trek back in the day on my Apple ][!

Me too!

I remember Apple Basic. Ahhh, the bad old days!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8559 on: August 12, 2014, 12:01:09 AM »
If we don't get player data, then it will be pretty fun everyone starting from level 1 again I think, but boy, I sure did wince in pain when you reminded me of this.

Id have way more fun if I got my stuff back..