Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211976 times)

Shifter

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8480 on: August 09, 2014, 01:26:26 PM »
Well I have returned from vacation a lot more sore and happy for thumping people with weapons!

I have no new information as I just got home.

Welcome back. Anything we can do to help support your efforts at this point? I'm thinking it is unlikely, but wanted to ask.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #8481 on: August 09, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Page 425! So, let's start taking bets: on what date will we hit 500?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #8482 on: August 09, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »
To answer a few questions:

When the game returns:
I have tweaked all my builds for now not to include purples or pvp IOs (Got some great builds actually). So I will start on my main (Fire/Time/Power) Corruptor and then on a farmer. Then of course I need to focus on my alts:
Earth/Psi/Psi Dom
Earth/Kin Controller
AR/Traps Corruptor
Elect/Inv Scrapper
Empathy/Fire Defender
Illusion/Rad Controller
Inv/Elect Tank
Martial Arts/Elect Stalker
Fire/Devices Blaster

I also need to get my solo SG up and going (So I will have two accounts again to make that easier). I ran a HUGE SG on Freedom for 3 years but gave it up because it was like a job and I didn't play CoH to feel like I was working LOL. I loved being able to have my own SG...store all my pretties without any fear of anyone getting them etc.

I need to reserve all the names I have in mind. Before I had a theme for my names... they were all "I **did something**" such as : I Burnt The Toast, I Drive Stick, I Wet The Bad, I'm Gonna Rock You, I Forgot My Prozac, etc etc... now I plan on doing a play on people (famous people) names like: Florence Nightingail (Storm/Dark Defender)... No I am not using that... all my toons will be male toons. 

I plan on taking a few days off work when it does return. Also when they announce the games return I plan on buying a new PC that will be just for CoH. All I use now are laptops none of which would be any good at gaming.

As for playing with high people... One of my best friends in game for 5 years was a known pot head...he was really good at the game; especially when high LOL and a lot of fun. A group of friends and I used to hang out in Pocket D and play a drinking game...and once we were all tipsy...lead trials. We used to have some pretty late night drinking sessions...they were very fun... :)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8483 on: August 09, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
Thank you. Was a DM/SR that evolved to DB/SR (too bad no sticks, tho).

Sorry wasnt ment to be rude.  Monty Python quote from Holy Grail.
Mods may redact if offense is taken.

I am of Swedish descent, and I was NOT offended in the least.  ;)

Monty Python reference was obvious to me.

And I have been a practitioner of escrima for 24 years!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #8484 on: August 09, 2014, 03:56:20 PM »
Page 425! So, let's start taking bets: on what date will we hit 500?

If things go the way they have... I say late Wednesday, early Thursday, next week.

Last Known Hero

• Minion
« Reply #8485 on: August 09, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »
It depends on how the game comes back..

If it's open source I plan on helping any way I can to get it to a running state, then I'd be working on doubling/tripling the herding cap, and balancing some powersets.. then rolling my stone tanker again!

If it's under another company that will be providing, I will roll the stone tanker again for sure.. just don't want it taken away again
Contender's Lil Bro - Stone/NRG Tank
Freedom

Ryo Kinsaru

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8486 on: August 09, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
So... I can't contain my excitement at even the remotest possibility. Even if I don't get my toons back the Kinsaru family can be rebuilt, possibly even stronger than before. I'm currently running with three raid forces in EQ2 (honestly the next best MMO) and I have been passing the word and a link to this forum around to garner support and the reaction I have gotten has been surprisingly positive!

Finding and reading this thread has sparked something, and I think I can relate how stoked I am for this. This is equivalent to finding out that Whedon has been secretly meeting with Fillion about leaving Castle and coming back to begin new Firefly episodes. That's how big this is.

Share this thread with every gamer you know. Generate the buzz. Show the support. Dig out and charge all of your old cell phones in case there's a number on one of them for an old CoH friend!
I can't think of anything clever to place here as I am currently over-caffeinated on very little sleep. All the cool people have a signature, so I will drop random text here trying to fit in.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8487 on: August 09, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
So... I can't contain my excitement at even the remotest possibility. Even if I don't get my toons back the Kinsaru family can be rebuilt, possibly even stronger than before. I'm currently running with three raid forces in EQ2 (honestly the next best MMO) and I have been passing the word and a link to this forum around to garner support and the reaction I have gotten has been surprisingly positive!

Finding and reading this thread has sparked something, and I think I can relate how stoked I am for this. This is equivalent to finding out that Whedon has been secretly meeting with Fillion about leaving Castle and coming back to begin new Firefly episodes. That's how big this is.

Share this thread with every gamer you know. Generate the buzz. Show the support. Dig out and charge all of your old cell phones in case there's a number on one of them for an old CoH friend!

Next to reading all the stories about people playing the game with their kids I get excited knowing other people follow this thread with such genuine interest.  I truly hope we can all meet in a resurrected Paragon City some time soon*
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:15:53 PM by duane »

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #8488 on: August 09, 2014, 05:31:06 PM »
gone to the americans...sigh

The Jerk Hackers strike again.

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8489 on: August 09, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
My little ones are still in the dark about the possible rez of CoH, simply because I don't want them to be hurt if things go bad for some reason. I've told a couple of people who were other mmo gamers at work, simply because they noticed me being really sad the day after it closed. Both of them want to try CoH when/if it returns just because of how much I was affected by the closing.
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8490 on: August 09, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »
This is my theme song when City of Heroes comes back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOR2VzDZFM

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8491 on: August 09, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »
pennsic?   what kingdom?
Midrealm, I am Sir Michael Au Cluin of House Ironwolf.

Cementi

• Underling
« Reply #8492 on: August 09, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »
There are a number of my friends that loved this game that simply stopped following the efforts of this group because it was a bit painfull for them. Even myself I never registered here till recently. However I have popped in from time to time to stay updated. No game has ever replaced coh for me, a big part of it was the game, an even bigger part of it was the community. Only recently have I started to contact those friends and let them know what has been going on. Mainly so that if there is some kind of last call to action that is needed to make the final push to get the game back, or some kind of financial commitment (large or small kickstarter or otherwise) they would be ready for it. That could mean another 15 to 30 people ready to hop on this when needed.

The post asking people not to rip into the devs, well it disturbs me to even know that had to be made. These people are going to great lengths to get this game back, whatever their vision for it they have my utmost support and gratitude, if I had the technical skills they would have that too. Are there things I would like changed with the game, things added so on and so forth? Of course there is however I will patiently wait for them to get hold of the game before voiceing any suggestions. Even if they made no changes and added nothing they would still have my support.

So to all the devs thank you. To those keeping us informed thank you. To those of you who kept the faith when many of us couldnt (myself included) I thank you.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8493 on: August 09, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »

Lord Ivan Ivanovich Ezhov former squire to Sir Kief Av Kierstead of Ansteorra

lotus

• Underling
  • Bring back City of Heroes!
« Reply #8494 on: August 09, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »
I rarely come on these boards but found out about the possibility of the game coming back. I have tried many other games and they just aren't that great. Here's to hoping NcSoft opens their death grip on this game and lets go. Keep working at it guys and don't give up! This game needs to come back.

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8495 on: August 09, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »
Seeing new people registering on titan just to show support is awesome. Go mystery team!
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #8496 on: August 09, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »
This is my theme song when City of Heroes comes back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOR2VzDZFM
i'll have several, depending on the character and my mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LDv3F_59ZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Ngm2qP29A&list=RDz7Ngm2qP29A#t=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIVZaj3Pdt8
Are for specific characters that would probably have to be recreated.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8497 on: August 09, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »
wanted to say welcome back wolf :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

batgirl

• Minion
« Reply #8498 on: August 09, 2014, 10:38:39 PM »
Good stuff :)
There are a number of my friends that loved this game that simply stopped following the efforts of this group because it was a bit painfull for them. Even myself I never registered here till recently. However I have popped in from time to time to stay updated. No game has ever replaced coh for me, a big part of it was the game, an even bigger part of it was the community. Only recently have I started to contact those friends and let them know what has been going on. Mainly so that if there is some kind of last call to action that is needed to make the final push to get the game back, or some kind of financial commitment (large or small kickstarter or otherwise) they would be ready for it. That could mean another 15 to 30 people ready to hop on this when needed.

The post asking people not to rip into the devs, well it disturbs me to even know that had to be made. These people are going to great lengths to get this game back, whatever their vision for it they have my utmost support and gratitude, if I had the technical skills they would have that too. Are there things I would like changed with the game, things added so on and so forth? Of course there is however I will patiently wait for them to get hold of the game before voiceing any suggestions. Even if they made no changes and added nothing they would still have my support.

So to all the devs thank you. To those keeping us informed thank you. To those of you who kept the faith when many of us couldnt (myself included) I thank you.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8499 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:26 PM »
Songs...

Getting there --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTG-bCMG05E

Getting there and restart (obvious, but I never let the obvious deter me) --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9318WhMQr18

Of course this is the best song ever --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoARQRCvpQU