Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7295482 times)

Perplexite

• New Efforts # 6,000!
  • Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8300 on: August 06, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
I love you guys.
@.Q on Union Server

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8301 on: August 06, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »
This thread always makes my boring day at work so much better.  Thanks everyone!
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8302 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »
Ah, snacks and the triumphs and pitfalls of trying them all!

There was a thread in the old coh forums that spoke of snacks and such. What were people snacking on whilst they clobbered their foes?
Pop-tarts was mine. (haven't had one since the game closed, actually. Maybe that's why I've lost 60 pounds!)
For a while, when I was out of work (putting on the aforementioned 60 pounds) I would have crackers and nutella. Oh no, sportsfans. Not the meager 2 tbsp serving they suggest - at least half the bloody jar!

With such pictures in my mind, I share this with you.
If you're a fan of nutella and would like to ...well, taper your consumption, this video may do the trick.

Please be sure impressionable children are not in the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww

For those with a LOT of free time, you may wish to peruse this followup.
(it's rather long, about a half hour. It's kind of like a car wreck that you can't help paying attention to. )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4CMm_Mmv0U
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8303 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:51 PM »
Call me boring but I prefer the good old fashioned Lay's
Of course there's always cheezy poofs.

Best smell in the world is opening a fresh bag of Classic Lays.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8304 on: August 06, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »
Just give me a big old bag of Ruffles, a container of sour cream and a packet of onion soup mix and stand back.

Are you my wife?

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #8305 on: August 06, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #8306 on: August 06, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »
Just give me a big old bag of Ruffles, a container of sour cream and a packet of onion soup mix and stand back.

hellz yeah man

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #8307 on: August 06, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
While the Mrs likes Chili Cheese Fritos with cream cheese (it is good...), I like salt and vinegar chips.  The more vinegar, the better.

Although...  A friend just sent me some Cracklin's from Louisiana.  Oh. My. God.  The marriage of pork rinds and thick cut bacon.  Warm these bad boys up in the microwave for a few seconds.  Pork.  Heaven.  Thank GOD we only have a limited supply.

As I've always told my wife:  If I lived in New Orleans, I'd be a 3000 lb alcoholic.  And happy.
Beware the mighty faceplant!

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8308 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
Zapps Cajun Cratators are awesome!

Desmartica

• Underling
« Reply #8309 on: August 06, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »
Have I ever told any of you the one about the little bird that forgot to fly south for the winter?

Not me! You should tell it.

Very well then.  (All of my Protector buddies should recall this...)

Once upon a time there was a little bird that forgot to fly south for the winter... 

That evening, as it began to grow very cold, the little bird decided to rest in a tree which was located in the middle of a cow pasture.  The wind began to blow and snow began to fall and the poor little bird thought repeatedly, "If only I would have flown south with my friends...But, if I can make it through the night I shall join them tomorrow."  Suddenly the branch on which he was seated gave way and the little bird fell onto the frozen field.  "Alas, this is the end.  Goodbye cruel world!" he exclaimed.

A cow came walking by, saw the little bird, and proceeded to poop on it. 

"I cannot even die with dignity...farewell...everyone..." whispered little bird.

But the story has not yet ended.

For you see, that poop, it was so warm and so thoroughly covering the little bird that he began to recover.  "I will live! And tomorrow I will get cleaned up and fly south to all of my friends."  He was so happy that he began to sing.

Sadly, this story does not have a happy ending.  For you see...

A fox came walking by, heard the little bird, dug it out of the dung and ate it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moral(s) of the story...

1. Not everyone who poops on you is your enemy.

2. Not everyone who pulls you out of poop is your friend.

3. When you're up to your neck in poop...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

(Reflect upon this my dear friends for herein abides true wisdom.)

AIB

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #8310 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
Has anyone tried the new Lay's Cappuccino potato chips yet? They are pretty yummy! So are the new Kettle Maple Bacon chips! Two winners in my book.

Are we there yet?  ;D

The Kettle Maple Bacon chips are addictive.

And then I discovered the unmitigated awesomeness that is... White Truffle Popcorn.

http://www.popgourmetpopcorn.com/products/white-truffle-bliss

I will INHALE a bag of this stuff.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Raven

• Underling
« Reply #8311 on: August 06, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
I stop to fill up the Jeep the other day and there by the counter was a bag of Hippie Chips, said they was made with hemp. Anyone ever try them?
http://www.taquitos.net/chips/Hippie-Chips-Hemp-Haight-Ashberry-Jalapeno

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8312 on: August 06, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
I tried the Wasabi and Ginger kettle-cooked ones. They were good; the wasabi flavor was pretty light, which is good because wasabi is Japanese for "OH SWEET MERCIFUL LORD THE PAIN!" Even though it was highly moderated, I still felt like my lips had gotten a mild chemical burn. (Which is why I've sworn off wasabi peas, despite liking the flavor--it took days for the soreness to completely subside the last time I had them. Whatever chemical is in there, my skin seems to react like it's mildly caustic and not just hot.)

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #8313 on: August 06, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »
Oh god, the flavors! THE FLAVORS! So many new potato chip flavors that are so bizarre and off-putting. @_@

Sour Cream & Onion is always my old standby. BBQ if I can't get that. If I have no other choice but Lays brand, I try to get oven-baked for the better texture and less picking of food from the teeth afterwards.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #8314 on: August 06, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »
The pancake happened to this thread? Bring back the doom and gloom!

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8315 on: August 06, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
The pancake happened to this thread? Bring back the doom and gloom!

I peed in your Cheerios, that gloom enough?

Talner

• Underling
« Reply #8316 on: August 06, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »
Ok, I had to come in and mention Salt & Pepper Pringles. They were sold local, I got addicted, now they are not sold here anymore. :(

Deadflame2

• Not quite as dead as Deadflame1
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8317 on: August 06, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
Ok, I had to come in and mention Salt & Pepper Pringles. They were sold local, I got addicted, now they are not sold here anymore. :(

Lay's had Salt & Pepper chips as well.  Not sure if they're still sold.  I actually liked them.
Reminder: No game = No data, no characters...nothing.  However, no data/characters != No game.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8318 on: August 06, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »

That's happened with several products that I liked: cheeseburger Hot Pockets, barbecue beef Hot Pockets, Irish Spring Sport bath soap, General Foods International Coffees Irish-Cream Cafe, and Maxwell House decaf French-roast coffee, to name a few. I grow to enjoy them, and they're taken away. At least Hot Pockets brought back the barbecue beef. I wonder if grapefruit would disappear if I raved about how great it is (I actually loathe it).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:35:43 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8319 on: August 06, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
Reminds me of the bacon waffles I had during the meet and greet. Those were good.