Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7280178 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8160 on: August 04, 2014, 02:41:00 AM »
Any update on whats going on with the game?
See first post.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Scendera

• Boss
  • Faith Manages.
« Reply #8161 on: August 04, 2014, 03:09:41 AM »
I'm glad I never played that game.

Oh you missed out! It was fun...still is. You just have to keep in mind that EQ takes a very different idea than most newer games about what you "should" be able to go toe to toe with. Think more in terms about the character you're on and the task you're trying to do, than what con something is.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8162 on: August 04, 2014, 04:10:55 AM »
What do you mean "ME3 aside"? Up until the end, ME3's story telling was the best of the series. Even the end was far above average. It only sucked when viewed in comparison to the rest of the story, and even then I'd debate whether it "sucked".

Yep +1 to this.  The ending was a bit of a bummer but really only because how good everything up to that point was.  And the ending was rushed you can tell, the original ending they had in mind was different too and in hindsight they probably wish they had picked that one.  I have a feeling they were crunched for time.
Oh you missed out! It was fun...still is. You just have to keep in mind that EQ takes a very different idea than most newer games about what you "should" be able to go toe to toe with. Think more in terms about the character you're on and the task you're trying to do, than what con something is.

I agree EQ1 was great for the time.  What an enemy conned to you was a very different thing in that game.  Plus I kinda like the old unforgiving MMO's.

To be fair, there was some of this in CoH in the Incarnate trials as well.
  To be fair this is how games have also worked since the first Zelda on NES.  Bad guys go down after being a hit a bunch.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8163 on: August 04, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »

I saw it being played. My roommate played it constantly. It was a big jump over text based MUDs or UO. I didn't like the idea of a sub based game at the time. I only tried City of Heroes because one of my friends had demoed it for us. When I saw much smoother combat was, and how customizable costumes were, I decided it was worth a shot. Having 6 friends joining at the same time helped. 

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #8164 on: August 04, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »
All of this super hero gaming talk has forced me to download CO once again....I know it's a road to nowhere, but at least I get to don the spandex once again.
Give me back my Paragon City!

Play some single player games in the meantime. I am having very fun with Divinity original Sin :)

AnElfCalledMack

• Minion
« Reply #8165 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
For everyone getting antsy at "August at the earliest", the actual estimate was "two more months of negotiations, minimum" in early July. Which might mean we get a vague "done with competence testing, back to negotiations" kind of statement some time this month if everything goes smoothly (which would be great news if we did! That's a big hurdle to be over if & when they do, because NCSoft's concerns about whether the buying team can run a good game and run it profitably has always been a huge part of their reticence to sell).  But probably late this month - like, last week of the month late - and it could just as easily be early September before we hear anything from the negotiation team. The only way we'd have news this fast is if the negotiations suddenly bombed - which might happen if the testing fouls up and tempers start sparking, but is definitely not what we want.

I know it hurts, I've been lurking this thread for months & just found my old login for this. But there's a while of "no news is good news" territory yet.

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #8166 on: August 04, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
Er...What?

Is this another "I don't believe this is real" post?
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

kierthos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8167 on: August 04, 2014, 12:19:45 PM »
It would appear so.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8168 on: August 04, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »
Er...What?

Is this another "I don't believe this is real" post?

Not sure. It might be Son of Unique Dragon.

Gamerchamp

• Come from the Land Down
  • Lieutenant
  • City of Heroes/Villains
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8169 on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
It certainly seems to be so. Well I know for a fact there is definitely a team behind the scenes and just because you can't see or hear from them doesn't mean they aren't there.

I have the utmost faith we will get this game back no matter what.

Good on you Ironwolf and team keep going strong we are all backing you up in this.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:50:34 PM by Gamerchamp »
@Str8Dumpin
Str8Dumpin Level 50 War Mace/Fiery Aura Tanker
Str8Away Level 50 Fire Control/Radiation Emission Controller
Str8Killer Level 50 Spines/Invulnerability Scrapper
Str8Ninja Level 50 Energy Melee/Ninjitsu Stalker

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8170 on: August 04, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »
Like it or not this forum is going to get more people coming and asking, speculating or trolling.  When the day comes for a final yes or no on the current negotiation I expect the thread to grow a dozen pages a day or whatever messaging system this site selects to organize the inbound messaging.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8171 on: August 04, 2014, 12:47:45 PM »
 Your like 400 plus pages late.. Its not a trick.. Its been verified by other sources including TonyV who is the owner of CoHTitan. If it were a trick I am pretty sure he would have locked and deleted the thread.. I am also aware by other sources completely unconnected to CoHTitan Network that there is a negotiation going on and an attempt to buy..

However that is no indicator of success. Anything can happen in a vetting out process and there are a lot of things that need to happen before both sides would agree...

Remain hopeful and enjoy life..

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8172 on: August 04, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »
There is always going to be people who don't believe it, even if we had the team's name and all the details of the sale. I can understand it, your heart  has been broken once and you're scared to let it happen again. We all are, but isn't the chance of this actually happening worth at the least keeping an eye on?
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

drmanbot

• Minion
« Reply #8173 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »
I don't sweat the negativity as much now. It just means that the word is getting out to more and more people who had stopped hoping and now come to here or Facebook for some kind of word and then when its not spelled  out in big bold letters with an exact time to the servers going live again they get skeptical.

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #8174 on: August 04, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
Just wondering if I'm the only one who isn't having that many problems with waiting.

NCSoft is willing to sell, and there's studios lining up to attempt to make the offer. So it's not about if we can get back home, only when.

Just knowing I'll be able to fly again some day is enough for me.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8175 on: August 04, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »
Just wondering if I'm the only one who isn't having that many problems with waiting.

NCSoft is willing to sell, and there's studios lining up to attempt to make the offer. So it's not about if we can get back home, only when.

trust me when I say I have next to no patience in waiting however, with this I am more than willing to wait. What I do to gget me through is im going to college for networking (1 more year left :) ). And I watch tv, movies, and sometimes slum around champions and star trek.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8176 on: August 04, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »
Not sure. It might be Son of Unique Dragon.

gone to the americans...sigh

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8177 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »
It is Monday...
Mondays are usually a tired, hard, depressing day for most of us. But for me it is just another day closer to logging into CoH. I love Monday!

But...I am struggling with all of this waiting. So wish we would just get a date to look forward to instead of the ambiguous "someday you might get to play CoH again." The Bible says "Hope deferred makes the heart grow sick." I am certain that was not written to be used in the context of waiting for our game to go back online but it does seem appropriate this morning as far as I am concerned!

Wammo

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8178 on: August 04, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »

Insert nemesis plot joke here.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:44:59 PM by Waffles »

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #8179 on: August 04, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »

Nope.  Even though, as a speedster, waiting is DIFFICULT.

Each day I come here, read some posts, nod, smile, (sometimes) reply, and think it's another day closer to GOING HOME.

So yeah, distract me, lest I become all fidgety and twitchy.
Beware the mighty faceplant!