Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7296175 times)

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3860 on: July 08, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »
I have never followed a forum thread this closely Before. Fantastic activity.

Cheers everybody :) and may the City be with you

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3861 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »
I would like my characters back.
I would like my account data back.

Neither are a deal breaker for me.  I want the game back FAR FAR FAR more than I would like the other things.

Yup.
Like, like, REALLY WANT.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3862 on: July 08, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »
I have never followed a forum thread this closely Before. Fantastic activity.

Cheers everybody :) and may the City be with you

Yep, I imagine a bunch of people sitting in front of their screens hitting refresh every few minutes. Not that I do that  :roll:
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3863 on: July 08, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
It will probably take me a month to get a 50. That's just about how fast I play. I solo a lot, I can't play for huge periods of time and I read all the story bits. I also badge (even Galaxy City). It just takes time.

I'm not sure how fast i'll hit 50 but if I had to start over i'll be making super teams(that is, teams heavy on force multipliers).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Blue Cloak

• Minion
« Reply #3864 on: July 08, 2014, 08:57:28 PM »
Yup.
Like, like, REALLY WANT.

ILL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT
WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT
I WANTA I WANTA

Play city of heroes, that would be nice.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3865 on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »
I'm not sure how fast i'll hit 50 but if I had to start over i'll be making super teams(that is, teams heavy on force multipliers).

I was once the only non-Kinetic player on an 8 man TF with my fire/fire blaster. It was the most amazing thing I had ever done. My nuke was up for every group and I never ran out of endurance. It was this screaming ball of flames everywhere for about 45 minutes. If I died - it got even worse.

Husk

• Underling
« Reply #3866 on: July 08, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered already but has a rough outline been posted regarding timeline if the acquisition goes ahead.
I mean how soon after completion would we be looking at beta/launch,etc.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3867 on: July 08, 2014, 09:00:30 PM »
In a way, the timing of the shutdown and how the Coming Storm storyline was so built up as such a major threat to the multiverse does set things up quite well for various potential in-game explanations for the out of game events.
But I don't think that we'd need to skip 2 years, or much time at all, as the timeline was already rather fuzzy with very few concrete dates after 2004 - for example, at the time of the shutdown, players started with the destruction of Galaxy City (2011), and could then go on to arrest Frostfire (2004), investigate the goings on in the half-rebuilt Faultline (2006), head to Striga (2005), take a side trip to First Ward (2011), then travel to Peregrine Island (2004) - so the not having the game for the whole of 2013 wouldn't really need to be reflected in the in-game timeline.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Sister Leortha

• Underling
« Reply #3868 on: July 08, 2014, 09:00:44 PM »
My goodness this thread has exploded.  I leave it alone for a few weeks, and it over doubles in size. Wow.

I was a long time player, having started within the game's first year, but mostly stopped playing towards the end.  I would log in every now and then, to revisit my beloved alts.  When the game shut down, it was hard, despite having not played that much recently.  It's been hard to not be able to just pop in and play.

My son played a bit as well, and has several times since it closed lamented to me that he misses it as well.

And now, to see it possibly coming back... Wow again.  It'll be hard if my toons are gone, especially my badge-hunter ones.  It'll be even harder to lose the veteran data.

But for all that, I'm looking forward to the day I can tell my son that COH is coming back.  Characters or no, vet rewards or no, the game will be back, I'll be able to tell him.

And so will I.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #3869 on: July 08, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »
Some of us by being a PITA, right AlienOne!

Take a look at Felderburg's title and you'll see why I asked him. :)
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3870 on: July 08, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
I was once the only non-Kinetic player on an 8 man TF with my fire/fire blaster. It was the most amazing thing I had ever done. My nuke was up for every group and I never ran out of endurance. It was this screaming ball of flames everywhere for about 45 minutes. If I died - it got even worse.

Ahhh, gotta love vengeance :).  I was in a team of a few stormers and a few force fielders for the first super team experience.  It was unstoppable.  Enemies couldn't hit anything and died in seconds due to double stack freezing rain, it was hillarity.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3871 on: July 08, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
It will probably take me a month to get a 50. That's just about how fast I play. I solo a lot, I can't play for huge periods of time and I read all the story bits. I also badge (even Galaxy City). It just takes time.

Getting there is half the fun. I'm really not going to rush it. For one thing, rushing it can mean you lose piles of Influence.

Listen to me, talking like this is a done deal when it is anything but. *crosses fingers*

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3872 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »
Take a look at Felderburg's title and you'll see why I asked him. :)

Yeah, totally missed it :P

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3873 on: July 08, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »
Everyone saying what they want, it's like joining a team and trying to take the star. Me we get the game and ill be happy. We get our old toons,I'm happy we don't, I'm still happy. If I'm plaing CoX I'll be happy.

Hard to please aren't you???

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3874 on: July 08, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »

This is how I play, too. It took me over five years to get my first 50. (I also have a bad case of altitis.)

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3875 on: July 08, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered already but has a rough outline been posted regarding timeline if the acquisition goes ahead.
I mean how soon after completion would we be looking at beta/launch,etc.

Looks at Ironwolf. You're on! Seriously, we don't even know who's buying the game yet.

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3876 on: July 08, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »
Looks at Ironwolf. Your on!

*You're

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #3877 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:09 PM »
Yep, I imagine a bunch of people sitting in front of their screens hitting refresh every few minutes. Not that I do that  :roll:
I'm a little worried about the longevity of my F5 button at this point...

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3878 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3879 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:21 PM »
I'm a little worried about the longevity of my F5 button at this point...

My computer at home has a vintage 1996 Model M "clicky" keyboard. Played CoH with it from 2004 to when the game shut down. All the keys still work just fine. But the PS/2 connector is starting to get a little wonky.