Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7290860 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2014, 12:02:40 AM »
Why even bother making that promise? It's not like you farming monkeys will hurt the game in any detectable way unless you make it your goal to start leveling new players that way so that we can have another groundswell of players who have no idea how to use their characters at level 50 and then get frustrated and quit when they fail at almost everything outside AE.

If you know how to play the game feel free to PL alts to your heart's content. Personally i like leveling a new character up and doing the content from 1 to 50, but there's no reason you have to do that if the only thing you care about is 50+ content or getting as many 50s as possible. The whole point to playing the game is to do whatever you enjoy as long as it doesn't harm or harass others.

I was actually being facetious, meaning it as a joke.

I didn't power level characters except once. Before inherent stamina and cheap travel powers there was some kind of bug with rikti monkeys in  AE. I played solo a lot, most of the time really and some toons were pretty hard to play solo at low levels. Although I'm sure that no matter what AT or powerset I mentioned someone would assure me that it was easy as pie. I didn't find Fire/Rad controllers so.

Being inflicted with Alt-itis I leveled all my lowbies to at least 14 or in some cases to 21. It was far more convenient to run around the city with a travel power and to not be constantly drained of energy

But that said, I don't really care how people play the game. They aren't hurting my fun.

The only people I had problem with were the people who wanted to report my homage toons. While a few were pretty dicey. (Richard Greyson who actually did get genericed. But in fairness, he probably deserved it.) But  most were pretty obscure pulp and characters from defunct companies. People who recognized Tom Corbert, G-8 Battle Ace or the Spirit Who Walks or Major Matt Mason always got a kick out of it and so did I. I liked to think that I was keeping them alive in some weird way. But there was always someone who had to play cop.

I usually just created a street clothes outfit to wear to avoid the problem and then would costume up in mission. As far as I know, no one I teamed with ever reported any of them, including my Superman clone, UltraProtector who had a Clark Kent outfit, an Eradicator outfit and of course the classic.

Someone once reported my Farrokh Balsara toon because he looked like Freddie Mercury. (no action taken) But I guess if he had seen Mr. Blue Suede Shoes or Thin White Duke, he would have a had problem with them too. (all Sonic power sets of some kind)
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »
On Day One (after I scrape myself off the walls and calm the police who the neighbors called because of the screaming and yelling), I'll re-create my Fusionette clone for the "welcome back" party, since everybody loves her. Then will be my AR/Dev blaster, Citizen Commando, who'll try to get together a good old-fashioned SEWER-RUN TEAM.

Count me in on that sewer run. Some of my favorite toons started that way. One double XP weekend we sewerswept from Atlas to Steel Canyon.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2014, 12:09:12 AM »
Stage 1 dead in the middle - got the guy got the basic price now details.

Again I am also getting this in such a way that is cautiously positive. Think about it not long ago it was dead - now we have a price and are talking.

Triage IV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2014, 12:18:28 AM »
Stage 1 dead in the middle - got the guy got the basic price now details.

Again I am also getting this in such a way that is cautiously positive. Think about it not long ago it was dead - now we have a price and are talking.

WHOA...I nearly had a heart attack there...at first I read that to mean the first stage DIED mid way through...but a second read revealed that's NOT at all what you wrote.

So...

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Waiting for the day Paragon returns.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #504 on: April 18, 2014, 12:27:53 AM »

If NCSoft has floated a price for the game, that's something worthwhile even if a sale doesn't pan out this time. At least someone would have an idea of what range they'd consider selling it for.

Nebularis

• Underling
« Reply #505 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:10 AM »
I'm new to the forums so I apologize if this has been already covered but is there anything us "minions" can do to support a CoH return?  I realize that without money or power, I don't have much to contribute but is there anything I can actually do?

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #506 on: April 18, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
I'm new to the forums so I apologize if this has been already covered but is there anything us "minions" can do to support a CoH return?  I realize that without money or power, I don't have much to contribute but is there anything I can actually do?

Get some popcorn ready, sit down on the couch and enjoy the show. That's all Ironwolf asked.

Oh and try to not be too demanding. It is just adding too much pressure to Ironwolf :)

Alpha Series

• Lieutenant
« Reply #507 on: April 18, 2014, 03:14:07 AM »
Thank you Ironwolf! I'm always looking for your updates! I await your reports with great enthusiasm and patience!
"You've started an interstellar war!" "No, I didn't start it. But I'm liable to finish it."

CreVo

• Minion
« Reply #508 on: April 18, 2014, 03:19:39 AM »
yes

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #509 on: April 18, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
 One question I would wonder is if this were to happen would this new group have the ability to at the very least give us Issue 24 and finish up/unlock things like Wind Control, Radiation Armor/Melee and Savage Melee..

Triage IV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #510 on: April 18, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »

Be supportive, be positive, and DREAM.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #511 on: April 18, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
What I would do on day one when the game returns?

I will rebuild my level 50 Sonic/Ice Blaster - Carillion. She was probably one of the most fun to run of all my characters. You may not know it but I used to run a Knockback only team on many Wednesdays. You had to have some sort of knockback, knockdown, stun or otherwise cause chaos to get on the team.

It used to be a hilarious and fun time as you could imagine. We once fought an Elite boss in a mission and he was knockback and killed in mid-air as we slaughtered him without him getting a single attack off!

I was kicked off a team once for causing knockback with my sniper. Blaster girl with a BFG.  Every power I had caused knockback.  But I cleaned up after myself.  :)  Sounds like my kind of team.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #512 on: April 18, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
Ha!  I was going through old screen captures of old avatars and final days.  I had a couple of macros for Goddangit - funny things to say during combat.  I accidentally sent out over Looking for a Team channel:

Goddangit: This is the part where I dismantle yer ass, Behemoth Overlord.

Mystery Girl: Oh no!  Not my ass!'

Mystery Girl: I need that for pooping!

I just about died of laughter and embarrassment.

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #513 on: April 18, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »
This is me :o when I saw Ironwolf's last update.  If there was an emoticon for having my fingers crossed it would be bold and in the largest font possible.  ;D

Triage IV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #514 on: April 18, 2014, 02:42:35 PM »
Energy/Energy Blaster had the coolest sounds and graphics!  The knockback and resulting team members' responses are what made me go with other ATs.

When the game is back, I would LOVE to try a knockback team with anyone.  Omega Blue, my Energy/Energy Blapper would LOVE to pull his suit out of the mothballs and get back in action.

I think I ended up PLing him, because I had such a tough time finding teams to level him naturally.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #515 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
My Energy/Energy blaster was named Rekless.

His Battle Cry was - First to Valhalla buys the beer! (it just fits)

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2014, 03:09:42 PM »
Day 1?  Probably alternate between lmao and cursing as so many people try to log on at once that the whole thing crashes :)   

THEN....I would recreate Mercy Vengeance....Emp/energy Def and find a team that needs a healer :)   I don't know why....but the most fun I had while playing was keeping a hero team alive and going.   LOL  I remember being so frustrated when a team split and I had to chose which half to follow to heal LOL.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #517 on: April 18, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »
I don't know why....but the most fun I had while playing was keeping a hero team alive and going.   LOL  I remember being so frustrated when a team split and I had to chose which half to follow to heal LOL.

I played agrressive blasters, well mostly agrressive, and I loved have a healer nearby. You can really cut loose when you have someone to save your baconbits. Solo, you have to be more careful.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #518 on: April 18, 2014, 03:56:17 PM »
When (positive thinking) the game comes back, I am going to make a fire/fire blaster (my favorite) and then play her as a tank.  In fact, all my toons were tanks, no matter what the AT.  I just run right in.  And yes, I had all the debt badges early - lol.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
I don't know why....but the most fun I had while playing was keeping a hero team alive and going.

I know what you mean. I always ran dedicated healers, only attacking when the team was having an easy time of it, and I didn't have much healing to do. My healers' motto was, "Keeping you on your feet and in the fight".

Of course, I couldn't live up to that perfectly. During one particular teamwipe, I retreated down the hall, and started teleporting and rezzing them. As I did, one teammate's bar turned orange, and then red. I ended up getting him out with just a handful of hit points left. When he appeared, his reaction was, "I love you." It's nice to be appreciated; my blasters never got that reaction.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.