Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7294057 times)

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3920 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
This is the trackball mouse I've been using since CoH beta...

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Optical-Trackman-USB/dp/B00006B9CR
Good grief, that one's even more expensive...

I actually tried one of those as a backup.  I think it's sitting in the upstairs closet.  I couldn't get used to the ball being out from under my thumb, but it's a good device.

I think I tried out the one AlienOne linked to as well - my recollection is that it doesn't fit my paw as comfortably, and the two buttons to the left of the left mouse button threw me off.

On the topic of leveling...

I guess we'll see what we have to work with.  If I don't have to re-roll, I'll want to see what kinds of characters I never got a chance to try out.  That would be, I dunno - a lot of them!  Maybe another kinfender with an interesting blast backup...

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #3921 on: July 08, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
On my Bots/Traps MM, I named the robots thusly:

Assault Bot: CPE 1704 TKS
Protector Bots: CRM 114 and KMA 367
Battle Drones: LV 426, TK 421, and RU 486

Look those up if you don't know.  :D

Okay, the Wargames Launch Code bot name is badass (and I got that one WITHOUT looking it up, thank you). :D

Since my bots/dark MM's thing was trapping the psychic essence of her opponents in her bots, after running the LRSF, Soulsteel had:
MsLibertyAI
PsycheAI
ManticoreAI
PositronAI
NuminaAI
StatesmanAI

Then I re-ran the LRSF with a PUG, and when they saw Soulsteel's bots, they all went, "EW! UGH!"

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #3922 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:59 PM »
I'll have to recreate Tava. My grav/kin who PROUDLY did not have Speed Boost, Inertial Reduction, OR Increased Density. But DAMN could she trans/trans/fulcrum shift like they were going out of style. (Especially with Power Boost on.)

:D
Easy. Hubby on his necro/dark MM that he can play in his sleep, me on my mercs/TA MM that I can play in MY sleep, and any six friends of ours. 12 hours of missions set on +4x8, and voila! :D

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

My Main, Prime Knight, was a Mind/Kin without Speed Boost, Inertial Reduction, OR Increased Density too, man did that make people unhappy :)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3923 on: July 08, 2014, 10:34:54 PM »
I say this because, well, how many servers are we going to have under the new team? Are we going to be allowed to have a max of 48 characters per server like we were able to during the initial run?
Too early to tell. I'm not sure they have decided either.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3924 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:07 PM »
Doesn't have the extra programable buttons. For me that's the kicker. I do like the trackball where the ball is at your thumb compared to at your fingers. But it needs the programablebuttons. The back/forward buttons don't cut it unfortunately

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00006B9CR/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00006B9CR&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=trackballer-20

That one has 8 programmable buttons, but the downside would be having the trackball on the opposite side of the mouse you're used to.

On the upside, there are two of those Microsoft mice still available on Amazon that you mentioned... Prep for CoH now! :P
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #3925 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
Okay, the Wargames Launch Code bot name is badass (and I got that one WITHOUT looking it up, thank you). :D

Since my bots/dark MM's thing was trapping the psychic essence of her opponents in her bots, after running the LRSF, Soulsteel had:
MsLibertyAI
PsycheAI
ManticoreAI
PositronAI
NuminaAI
StatesmanAI

Then I re-ran the LRSF with a PUG, and when they saw Soulsteel's bots, they all went, "EW! UGH!"

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

Bots/FF Pet names
Devastator
Shockwave
Soundwave
Frenzy
Rumble
Ravage

Yay classic G1!

SpectaPhantom

• Minion
  • Ghost of Living Past
« Reply #3926 on: July 08, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »
My goodness this thread has exploded.  I leave it alone for a few weeks, and it over doubles in size. Wow.

I was a long time player, having started within the game's first year, but mostly stopped playing towards the end.  I would log in every now and then, to revisit my beloved alts.  When the game shut down, it was hard, despite having not played that much recently.  It's been hard to not be able to just pop in and play.

(Snip)

Would either of you played on Triumph? That story would fit the bill for one of the few members of TSaR that would log in.

If that's true, it's nice to see a familiar face :).
Triumph Search and Rescue - TSAR Deputy Chief
"Heroes Helping Heroes"

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3927 on: July 08, 2014, 10:47:04 PM »
Here we go! I noticed you didn't say IF? Should we read anything into that?

BTW, thanks for the title whomever did that :D

As to the title - I didn't notice it, but when you pointed it out, I saw it and it made me chuckle on the inside. Almost outloud. Well done!
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #3928 on: July 08, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00006B9CR/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00006B9CR&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=trackballer-20

That one has 8 programmable buttons, but the downside would be having the trackball on the opposite side of the mouse you're used to.

On the upside, there are two of those Microsoft mice still available on Amazon that you mentioned... Prep for CoH now! :P
And to this I share Wyrm's reaction.....

Holy carp, Fishman that's expensive!!!
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3929 on: July 08, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »
And to this I share Wyrm's reaction.....

Holy carp, Fishman that's expensive!!!

Totally agreed... I was only trying to help by relegating my research to what his specifications were, but personally I'd never spend that much for a mouse.... I spent $85 for mine, and that was plenty! Also, I'm not a trackball person, so that probably makes a big difference.
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #3930 on: July 08, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »
Totally agreed... I was only trying to help by relegating my research to what his specifications were, but personally I'd never spend that much for a mouse.... I spent $85 for mine, and that was plenty! Also, I'm not a trackball person, so that probably makes a big difference.

The sad part about this is that when I originally bought mine.... I paid $19.99 for it
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #3931 on: July 08, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
I paid $50 for mine I think.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3932 on: July 08, 2014, 11:01:55 PM »
With all of this talk of CoX's return, I'd just like to remind the good folks at SCoRE that if you even THINK of slacking off your efforts, we will hunt you down and fish-slap you senseless! Now GET BACK TO WORK! I will NOT lose Paragon City again.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3933 on: July 08, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »
Perfect example of supply/demand! Certain mice become scarce (and wanted), price goes to obscene levels...

Same thing with purples in CoH...

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3934 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »
Perfect example of supply/demand! Certain mice become scarce (and wanted), price goes to obscene levels...

Which makes me wonder why those mice aren't being produced...

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3935 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »

Which is why I'll be going for them as I always had in the last year of the game :).  I know they'll be in low supply and I know they'll be worth alot, even if alot of people went for em they'd still be pretty high in price.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Ezuka

• Minion
« Reply #3936 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »
I'm going to be overwhelmed when we get the game back. I mean, I know what two toons I'll be remaking/playing first because I owe them that, but I have so many new ideas.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3937 on: July 08, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »

Preference I guess, demand is there but not that high compared to a normal mouse.  Although I prefer wired mice, and wired mice somehow became more pricey than wireless for some applications.  My Razor Naga though only costed about 60 dollars compared to my logitech MX518 which costed about 80-100 dollars or so.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3938 on: July 08, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
Ok people.. when I get home from work and I see 14 new pages.. Im thinking some big news broke.. please curb your enthusiasm.....

You know im kidding right  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

and to steal someone elses line....

Are we there yet ?

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3939 on: July 08, 2014, 11:10:44 PM »

Lots of reasons. manufacturing facilities get retooled, changes in technology to reduce prices, initial lack of demand, changes in demand by OEM's, anything could relegate a perfectly serviceable device to the scrapheap.

This happens all the time with tech. Some very sound tech gets shunted for flavor of the month because you have to have some new shiney to sell. Add in that all of these devices are meant to be disposable and it changes constantly. We really aren't meant to repair them. I had a mouse I loved and the button broke. No parts to repair and not really designed to opened without destroying it.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!