Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7524317 times)

steveharp

• Underling
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3060 on: July 05, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
Fanta, most of us have no leverage at all having stated repeatedly that we would play no matter what. if they have been reading this thread, they know how desperate some of us are to play again.

Since the game closed I have been saying and will keep saying, I just want to play the game again before I die.
If they let me, I'll play.
If they say. No you can only have 8 slots, I'll play.
If they say, NO, you can only the basic costume parts, I'll play.
If they say NO! the level cap is 40 for now. I'll play.

Yes, for me it's that damn bad.

I, and others like me, at at the mercy of the owners. I can't imagine not playing if I can. Maybe in years to come I'll feel like I got screwed, but I doubt it.

I hope we get some of what you want for us, but nothing I can think of will stop me from playing if I can. Nothing.

This is exactly how I feel, money, time people.....nothing is going to stop me playing this game when it comes back NOTHING ARGHHHHHHHHHBKJH!!!!!! 8)
Defiant EU/Freedom

Illusion/Storm Controller: WindowLicker

Waiting patiently!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #3061 on: July 05, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »
That's my thinking. Unless the PvP was through the entire game, which is something I was thinking about. It might be cool to actually have incursions into Paragon / the Rogue Isles / Praetoria that aren't part of a specific mission or plot point.

Nothing would make me stop playing again faster than open PvP in PvE zones.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3062 on: July 05, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
Agreed.  Very much so.

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #3063 on: July 05, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »
Also agreed. Open PvP on a PvP server wouldn't bother me (since I wouldn't touch the place with a barge pole), but generally? Leave PvP to the assigned Zones and Arenas.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #3064 on: July 05, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
UPDATE

The group is working on possibly signing a deal in the next few days. All of the good Karma you can muster point towards South Korea and let NCSoft be persuaded!

I don't know the exact details of what is in this deal but it is VERY close. It appears at this stage User Data may not be available - at least not at this time. More details as things unfold. It seems their data storage retrieval system is to equal that of the IRS. If this goes well the new Overlords will be up and running with further details.

Thanks for this news Ironwolf

UPDATE

Hold on a bit - looks like for once I read a bit too much into the email!

It is in the hands of the final guy but they are still working to get the best deal with the most stuff in it - for the best price. I thought it was at the peak - my fault entirely - but it is at the final stage and now the serious deal making is on and we are 1 signature away again.

Let's hope we get that last signature *fingers crossed*

1. Get the game, nothing else matters at this point!

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3065 on: July 05, 2014, 04:17:28 PM »

I doubt this will be an issue since it was never part of the original game. If it were hopefully they would have a "turn off challenges" option like CO does.

Got no problem with people pvping all over the place. As long as its not all over ME.

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3066 on: July 05, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
UPDATE

The group is working on possibly signing a deal in the next few days. All of the good Karma you can muster point towards South Korea and let NCSoft be persuaded!

I don't know the exact details of what is in this deal but it is VERY close. It appears at this stage User Data may not be available - at least not at this time. More details as things unfold. It seems their data storage retrieval system is to equal that of the IRS. If this goes well the new Overlords will be up and running with further details.

AMAZING news Ironwolf!

Small question though: When you say User Data may not be available, are we talking about server-side character data or general account data? I don't know if that's information that the buyers even have, or that you'd be able to get a hold of yourself, but it's a difference between having absolutely nothing and starting from a clean slate, or at least having our account information so we might have access to all of the things we purchased/earned.

I'm on board 100% either way, I'm more just curious. Whatever way it falls, as you said it's an "at least not right now" thing, so we MIGHT get data back. I'll just be happy to roll into the game full-force and start playing again! I miss all my fellow heroes and my toons that had so much personality. Thank you, thank you, thank you for keeping us informed during this time, no matter what happens. My fingers and toes are crossed and I'm sending out all the good vibes I can.

On a less serious note: Who's hoping to go Trick or Treating in Atlas again this year? :D

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3067 on: July 05, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »
All I can hope is that this deal happens soon because the speculation is getting rampant.. LOL

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3068 on: July 05, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
I am. I was just thinking yesterday how much id love to spend halloween in the City. Think how fast you can level a toon like that......!

If we dont get character retrieval right away, it will most likely be too late. I am not waiting for months to reroll my favorites. I am rolling out the gate with them, screaming WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!! just like Hudson on the drop ship, on his way down to LV-426.

Still praying all this actually comes to pass and we can all go HOME again.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #3069 on: July 05, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
I am. I was just thinking yesterday how much id love to spend halloween in the City. Think how fast you can level a toon like that......!

If we dont get character retrieval right away, it will most likely be too late. I am not waiting for months to reroll my favorites. I am rolling out the gate with them, screaming WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!! just like Hudson on the drop ship, on his way down to LV-426.

Still praying all this actually comes to pass and we can all go HOME again.

Illusionss:  I'm with you in regards to BOO day! :D  As far as getting my toons back, it would be nice, but, I'd much rather have my game back.  If I can have my toons, that's a plus for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind re-rolling my toons, this time, maybe better, knowing what I know now about playing certain ATs.  Although, I'm still an altahallic at heart! :P
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3070 on: July 05, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »

On a less serious note: Who's hoping to go Trick or Treating in Atlas again this year? :D

Me! I even posted about it earlier. I gotta play that haunted house thing. I only got to play it once!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3071 on: July 05, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »
Would you not play if you don't get your character back?  Because it really doesn't matter which way it goes for most of us.  He isn't saying that's the best way he's saying its the most logical way and the best way to avoid extra complications in the future (More then your average amount of MMO problems)  All of us would obviously like our characters back.  All of us would like our builds that cost billions of inf back.  But when it comes down to it it may not be doable.  If we can't get the whole game as it was, which it sounds like we can't, then there might not be a way to bring back old characters.  If you have to change the game then you have to change the game plain and simple.  Then the next best option is starting over.  Seeing how the third option is not having the game at all.

EDIT:  Also what TheDevilYouKnow said.  We have no say in this.  Either we play by their rules or we don't play.  Its good enough news already we have a chance at getting our game back.  I don't think we should start getting into with each other over things that no one has any say in at all.  Thirty-Seven doesn't have the final say on if we do or don't get our characters back.

Sure I'm going to play, never said I wouldn't, but if it's possible to get my characters back, why not? The information that Ironwolf posted in his second statement, about the last signature, leaves room to hope!

UPDATE

Hold on a bit - looks like for once I read a bit too much into the email!

It is in the hands of the final guy but they are still working to get the best deal with the most stuff in it - for the best price. I thought it was at the peak - my fault entirely - but it is at the final stage and now the serious deal making is on and we are 1 signature away again.

I'm with a lot of others here that don't have as much time to play as I used to. Getting to 50 is nothing. My main was all IOd out. Almost all of those were +5 with enhancement boosters. I said before I liked 50+ content the most. I love the incarnates.

If the new team decides it going to be easier to get the game back starting from scratch I'll deal with it. Forgive me for holding onto hope.  ;)

I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

ShadowMokadara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3072 on: July 05, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »
Until you reached the incarnate content, at which point it became a pure repetitive grindfest.

What I personally liked about the incarnate content and raids is at most they took about an hour or hour and thirty minutes. Raids in WoW or SWTOR can take up to three or four hours. Most took fifteen to thirty minutes. Felt like something you could knock out before class or work.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #3073 on: July 05, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »
Nothing will stop me from returning to Paragon City.  If I lose all my characters and rewards, so be it.  With the return of the game, all the "stuff" can be regained.  Without a city to return to, the game becomes a fond memory....

Can't wait to log in again;

ShadowMokadara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3074 on: July 05, 2014, 05:45:19 PM »
Nothing will stop me from returning to Paragon City.  If I lose all my characters and rewards, so be it.  With the return of the game, all the "stuff" can be regained.  Without a city to return to, the game becomes a fond memory....

Can't wait to log in again;

That's really the best philosophy if we don't get our stuff back.

Karonax

• Underling
« Reply #3075 on: July 05, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »
My prayers are with the group trying to save our City. I'd give anything to be able to spend the days immersed in Paragon City once again.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3076 on: July 05, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
Well....however it pans out, it will be okay. Some of us were hashing over the notion of reacquiring all those badges, lol. Badges! Some would no doubt be lost forever, and I'd be just fine with that, I think.

I'd have some serious adjustments to make in play style - from "toilet-trained at gun point" gamer to a casual player. I kind of like being out of the house, away from the computer, being more active physically instead of virtually.

Honestly, I'd love the idea of reacquiring billions of inf - but I think it would take a lot longer, because upon zoning in for the first time, nobody would have any inf, lol. No enhancements, auction house would be empty of inventory. I suppose AE would become the most popular zone - for story tellers and farmers alike.

It would indeed be very interesting. I wonder if they'd keep it as a hybrid model or strictly F2P, or just sub based.

I'll worry about all that stuff if/when it happens. Until then, I've put my money where my mouth is with MWM. Choosing between the two will be a wonderful problem to have.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3077 on: July 05, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »
All I can hope is that this deal happens soon because the speculation is getting rampant.. LOL

NO WAI!!!

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3078 on: July 05, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »

Sure I'm going to play, never said I wouldn't, but if it's possible to get my characters back, why not? The information that Ironwolf posted in his second statement, about the last signature, leaves room to hope!

I'm with a lot of others here that don't have as much time to play as I used to. Getting to 50 is nothing. My main was all IOd out. Almost all of those were +5 with enhancement boosters. I said before I liked 50+ content the most. I love the incarnates.

If the new team decides it going to be easier to get the game back starting from scratch I'll deal with it. Forgive me for holding onto hope.  ;)

Same boat...

And the reality for me is that I dont have the time or the money I had ten years ago. Have a wife and a family now so my obligations have changed dramatically.. I also got some news yesterday which would DRASTICALLY alter my playing time even more should it come to fruition.

And like you.. I tended to do the Level 50 and Incarnate stuff simply because I could jump in.. have fun.. and even if I just got some Incarnate threads and xp I got something done..

I had already planned a few new characters (like 3) and was looking @ Wind Control, Radiation Armor and Radiation Melee whenever those came out.. and that would be about it..

I will freely admit I am very attached to the characters I built.. their backstory.. their builds.. their slotting.. and all the enhancements..

And yes it CAN all be recreated providing the game returns... I just dont know I want to do that..

And Ill be playing.. for sure.. that goes without saying.. Playing is infinitely better than NOT playing..

Im thinking maybe I would start out with something totally new.. that way it wont feel like Im missing out on something old...

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3079 on: July 05, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »
I think Halloween might be a bit optimistic - there's going to be a heck of a lot of work for any new team to do before the game would be in a stable and usable state.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com