Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7293140 times)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27860 on: July 29, 2017, 03:27:46 PM »
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27861 on: July 30, 2017, 12:05:23 AM »
Really without meeting the man its hard to say how he behaves.  Sure I have seen his opinions, I have always rather been anti-theologist so I generally don't agree with his beliefs.  Nor his political opinions.  But I have never talked to him, nor have I interacted with him.  I dunno how he would treat a hungry person on his doorstep, nor do I know if he would help a stranger pick up something they dropped.  I know I wouldn't bring up politics to him, and I know I wouldn't go to a rave with him.  But I don't know how he treats people which is what actually matters.

You can have very wholesome and open minded opinions and treat people like garbage and it doesn't make you a good person.  Or you can be more closed minded and more judgmental but when it comes down to it do the right thing by people when they are in need.  Clearly, both examples are extremes with most people somewhere in the middle.

A lot of shades of gray that can't be ignored.  It's easy to put someone in a box and judge them entirely based on small bits of information you have here and there.

And I say this as a weed smoking, sandal wearing, liberal musician who doesn't understand the appeal of theology.  I'd still break bread with the dude and give him a chance.  Who knows maybe past all those opinions he's a nice guy, or maybe he's a total douche.

More importantly though, maybe instead of worrying about Chuck Norris, we should all just worry about enjoying our day.  Because Chuck Norris sure as hell isn't worried about us.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27862 on: July 30, 2017, 03:56:24 AM »
No, bigot still means someone who dislikes or discriminates against people because of parts of their identity which have no negative effect on others and are beyond their control. That does not qualify as "a difference in belief."

Precisely
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27863 on: July 31, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »
Tubbius has been grading papers and journals and discussion board postings like mad lately.  He hopes the rest comes in soon.  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:44:00 PM by Tubbius »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27864 on: July 31, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »
The word bigot has largely become meaningless.  It seems to usually just get used to mean "person who disagrees with my beliefs".

In large part, I believe that is because a lot of people - on all sides of all opinion spectrums - cannot distinguish between disagreement and harassment.  In every internet forum, including this one, there are countless examples of people posting a position, followed by many other people posting disagreement with that position, followed by the original poster claiming their "right to expression" is being suppressed.

I think many people aren't interested in discussion, they are fishing for validation.  When that validation isn't forthcoming, they find it easier to believe the reason why people don't agree with them has more to do with larger political forces than the simple fact that their ideas themselves aren't very good.

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #27865 on: July 31, 2017, 10:52:10 PM »
In large part, I believe that is because a lot of people - on all sides of all opinion spectrums - cannot distinguish between disagreement and harassment.  In every internet forum, including this one, there are countless examples of people posting a position, followed by many other people posting disagreement with that position, followed by the original poster claiming their "right to expression" is being suppressed.

I think many people aren't interested in discussion, they are fishing for validation.  When that validation isn't forthcoming, they find it easier to believe the reason why people don't agree with them has more to do with larger political forces than the simple fact that their ideas themselves aren't very good.

This 1000%

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27866 on: August 01, 2017, 03:32:09 AM »

This wins the internet today.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #27867 on: August 01, 2017, 03:49:31 AM »
Is Atlas Park Revival down for anyone else? If it is can someone please let Katelyn know.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27868 on: August 01, 2017, 01:02:27 PM »

Stealing this. ..

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27869 on: August 01, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »

Pretty much this.  I personally meet with a lot of people this way in real life who cannot distinguish between disagreement and "your an enemy!".  At the very least I encounter some who think they are right on 'everything' when in reality they are extremely ignorant who don't even know what they speak of at times, or they get angry or grouchy and their brains turn off :/.  Some people think they are right on everything even in the face of evidence contradicting them.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Surelle

« Reply #27870 on: August 01, 2017, 06:19:13 PM »
Is Atlas Park Revival down for anyone else? If it is can someone please let Katelyn know.

Both my APR Home and APR forum links seem to lead to the same place:  The forums.  The main APR site may have been shut down. 

Welp, ya can't blame them.  It's not like they can go on to a published state without NCSoft's approval, which has not been forthcoming in the 5 years since CoX's shutdown.   :-[

It looks like the APR Facebook page is still up at least, although there haven't been any updates for almost a year now. 

https://www.facebook.com/AtlasParkRevival/

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #27871 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:25 PM »
Both my APR Home and APR forum links seem to lead to the same place:  The forums.  The main APR site may have been shut down. 

Welp, ya can't blame them.  It's not like they can go on to a published state without NCSoft's approval, which has not been forthcoming in the 5 years since CoX's shutdown.   :-[

It looks like the APR Facebook page is still up at least, although there haven't been any updates for almost a year now. 

https://www.facebook.com/AtlasParkRevival/
that is very true. and I agree with you.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27872 on: August 01, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »

From Caitlyn's signature... I ended up on some redirects but went here:

https://cohrevival.com/index

ignore the certificate error and proceed.... my old account seemed to work. 

In the past my old links seemed to be very particular and broke often.

Surelle

« Reply #27873 on: August 02, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »
From Caitlyn's signature... I ended up on some redirects but went here:

https://cohrevival.com/index

ignore the certificate error and proceed.... my old account seemed to work. 

In the past my old links seemed to be very particular and broke often.

Yes, that's the link I gave, too, the one that only leads to the forums now.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27874 on: August 03, 2017, 04:24:53 AM »
No more Atlas Park Revival? Wow that's.......heartbreaking, waste of time and energy. They did all the hard work for nothing. What a shame!  >:(

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #27875 on: August 03, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »
No more Atlas Park Revival? Wow that's.......heartbreaking, waste of time and energy. They did all the hard work for nothing. What a shame!  >:(

I wonder if they shut down on their own accord or if NCsoft told them to.

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #27876 on: August 03, 2017, 07:01:10 PM »
Anyone checked out Agents of Mayhem? Even box art reminded me of the CoH box!

City roof hopping :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw10aM1fJQI
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:07:04 PM by kiario »

themichigami

• Underling
« Reply #27877 on: August 03, 2017, 11:11:01 PM »
MWM just put up a new city of titans video, they may be mostly tech demos and tests bits, but it's actually looking pretty good.  it makes me a little sad that ALL their stuff is just tech demos and tiny test clips, but i'm still staying hopeful for them.

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #27878 on: August 04, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
MWM just put up a new city of titans video, they may be mostly tech demos and tests bits, but it's actually looking pretty good.  it makes me a little sad that ALL their stuff is just tech demos and tiny test clips, but i'm still staying hopeful for them.

Well though they are the best funded and best staffed if the successor projects theirs is also the most ambitious which means everything is going to take much longer and require more attention to detail because there are more ways which things can break. It's likely that even with their other advantages they will be the last of the successors to launch for better or worse.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27879 on: August 04, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
Tubbius the Rotund and Benevolent needs a shower.  Are there any complaints?