Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7294460 times)

Biz

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #25900 on: October 05, 2016, 12:31:00 AM »
Why on Earth would NCSoft waste money and energy creating a CoH turn-based card game for mobile devices. That would never work! 

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25901 on: October 05, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »
It must be time again for <trumpet fanfare />
The Weakly Update with your host, Pantless Jack.

Hello and/or welcome to the update.  We have had a lot happen this week, man, it has been frantic.  It was like boom, boom, boom, things happening so fast.  Where to begin,first this one thing happens and we are all like, "what do we do about this or that?", and then wham!  Something else happens.  It was like that movie where things happen.  Anyway, we were trying to sort out what to do this and guess what.  Another thing happens.  No, really.  Would I lie to you if I thought I could get away with it?  Well so therer we are plotting and planning and then.  Yup, something else happens.  It is all mind-blowing.  Stuff is happening all over the place.  My head is swimming.  Until next time, this has been Pantless Jack saying, "Never, no always, or was it never, ahh screw it."

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25902 on: October 07, 2016, 05:42:13 AM »
I still have to do a cover of the City of Heroes theme. I started ages ago but I never got around to it. Now that I have some more experience, I can see, it's a little more complex than I had thought previously.

Oh, also, watched a streamer and said, "Yeah, I don't like most modern MMOs. I would stream City of Heroes CONSTANTLY if it were up."

We lived! We died! We will live again!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:10:16 PM by eabrace »

MagnitudeZero

• Underling
« Reply #25903 on: October 07, 2016, 06:46:21 PM »
May I ask which streamer? He/She is already on my good side. I'll have to check them out.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25904 on: October 08, 2016, 08:53:27 PM »
Why on Earth would NCSoft waste money and energy creating a CoH turn-based card game for mobile devices. That would never work!

Nothing shocks me these days except for news that CoH is coming back....

oh wait...

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25905 on: October 09, 2016, 04:21:22 AM »
We need them to get City of Heroes back.

On top of that, we need them to license out the IP to make more HeroClix.

Making a Carcassonne variant named City of Meeples would work well for me, too.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25906 on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:37 AM »
How 'bout fiefdom of heroes?

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25907 on: October 09, 2016, 06:18:12 AM »
We need them to get City of Heroes back.

On top of that, we need them to license out the IP to make more HeroClix.

Making a Carcassonne variant named City of Meeples would work well for me, too.
Or we could just rename everything to backwards word order. Statesman = manstates, Miss Liberty = Liberty miss, Skulls= slluks... ok the one word names could be an issue.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25908 on: October 09, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »
How 'bout fiefdom of heroes?

Tubbius approves.  :)

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25909 on: October 09, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »
Tubbius approves.  :)

They could call it City of Tumors, put a skull and crossbones on it and tell us it's hazardess to our health and we'd still be thrilled to have City back.
No Surrender!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25910 on: October 09, 2016, 09:23:49 PM »
They could call it City of Tumors, put a skull and crossbones on it and tell us it's hazardess to our health and we'd still be thrilled to have City back.

Yay! I can play Blasters again!  ...what is this strange growth on my right arm?!!  But, otherwise, yay!
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25911 on: October 10, 2016, 02:34:14 AM »
Fun fact about City and real life. . .

As Prof. White, my Mind Control/Empath, I had a steady sequence of attacks that consistently went 3, 1, 2, 5 on my numpad.  Sometimes, it would vary to 3, 2, 1, 5 depending on what I needed.

Imagine my smirk as I realized I would be teaching in room 3215 at the college where I work this semester.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25912 on: October 10, 2016, 02:41:12 AM »
Yay! I can play Blasters again!  ...what is this strange growth on my right arm?!!  But, otherwise, yay!

I just hope they don't make it city of civies where we get cool powers like telling hellions to leave us alone.  Or city of roaches where our powers involve the blaster nova power called raid.
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25913 on: October 10, 2016, 02:42:30 AM »

As Prof. White, my Mind Control/Empath, I had a steady sequence of attacks that consistently went 3, 1, 2, 5 on my numpad.  Sometimes, it would vary to 3, 2, 1, 5 depending on what I needed.

Imagine my smirk as I realized I would be teaching in room 3215 at the college where I work this semester.

The important thing is you got a job.  3215 is icing on that cake.
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25914 on: October 10, 2016, 02:47:02 AM »
This place has gone rather quiet lately.  Where's Joshex when you need him?  I suppose I could say something so off the wall that it causes Arcana to chime in with a half page report on why it's completely loonie.  Nah.  Rather not have the title of court jester.
No Surrender!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25915 on: October 10, 2016, 04:00:09 AM »
This place has gone rather quiet lately.  Where's Joshex when you need him?  I suppose I could say something so off the wall that it causes Arcana to chime in with a half page report on why it's completely loonie.  Nah.  Rather not have the title of court jester.
you would still be a long way from taking the title of King of Jesters from Joshex.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25916 on: October 10, 2016, 04:13:22 AM »
Getting a bit of deja vu here.

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
« Reply #25917 on: October 10, 2016, 05:38:25 AM »
Getting a bit of deja vu here.
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25918 on: October 10, 2016, 11:08:51 AM »

Imagine my smirk when I suddenly guess the PIN for your bank card and the combination for your luggage.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25919 on: October 10, 2016, 11:32:35 AM »
Heh.  Funny, but nope.  :)