Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7294299 times)

ike

• Minion
  • palms spaghetti, knees weak arms spaghetti
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #25280 on: July 18, 2016, 07:31:39 AM »
are the efforts really ongoing? could it realistically be taking over two years with literally no word?

all I want to know is if there's any headway being made. a simple, vague "advancements have been made recently" would be enough to satiate me
hat extraordinare

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25281 on: July 18, 2016, 08:31:57 AM »
are the efforts really ongoing? could it realistically be taking over two years with literally no word?

all I want to know is if there's any headway being made. a simple, vague "advancements have been made recently" would be enough to satiate me

Talks are ongoing - but progress??

Not certain there's been much progress, but the talks are ongoing if the folks over at CoT are to be believed - and there's no real reason not to believe them.

I'm guessing, but I don't think we'll see CoH anytime before the CoT launch...

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25282 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:53 AM »
an inside source says he was perma-banned by agge whatever that means (referring to joshex)

Most forums show when a poster has been banned.  It doesn't show Joshex or his alternate doppelganger account banned.  However, I have never bothered to figure out if these forums actually show that status or not.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25283 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »
an inside source says he was perma-banned by agge whatever that means (referring to joshex)

In other breaking news Screech has been expelled from Bayside high.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25284 on: July 18, 2016, 11:04:41 AM »
I have never bothered to figure out if these forums actually show that status or not.
To the best of my knowledge, they do not.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #25285 on: July 18, 2016, 05:21:45 PM »
In other breaking news Screech has been expelled from Bayside high.

But not from jail!!

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #25286 on: July 18, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
Talks are ongoing - but progress??

Not certain there's been much progress, but the talks are ongoing if the folks over at CoT are to be believed - and there's no real reason not to believe them.

I'm guessing, but I don't think we'll see CoH anytime before the CoT launch...

Have we actually heard ANY news claiming that negotiations are still underway (aside from the original debut from Nate Downes in 2014)? Because if that's still the latest scoop, I would be inclined to believe negotiations failed. 

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25287 on: July 18, 2016, 05:35:12 PM »
Have we actually heard ANY news claiming that negotiations are still underway (aside from the original debut from Nate Downes in 2014)? Because if that's still the latest scoop, I would be inclined to believe negotiations failed.

If you check back a few pages one of the CoT crew was quoted from their Kickstarter page - specifically it was ongoing but slow going.

I assumed it was fairly recent from what I read of the discussion...

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #25288 on: July 18, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »
If you check back a few pages one of the CoT crew was quoted from their Kickstarter page - specifically it was ongoing but slow going.

I assumed it was fairly recent from what I read of the discussion...

Correct - on the June 8th Kickstarter update comments for City of Titans the following was posted: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9675.msg210012#msg210012

ArchEnemy

• Underling

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25290 on: July 18, 2016, 09:40:57 PM »
Well, on the plus side Joshex seems to have found a place relatively consistent with his sensibilities.  Sort of.  On the other hand, when even 4chan refugees escaping the shackles of literacy think you're crazy, that's supposed to be a warning sign.

kaaduu1280

• Minion
« Reply #25292 on: July 19, 2016, 01:33:38 AM »
I'd swear NCsoft is just waiting for the right opportunity to refuse the sale, to be perfectly honest. :/
"Do not attribute to Malice what can instead be attributed to Stupidity." -NakaTeleeli

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #25293 on: July 19, 2016, 02:44:18 AM »
I'd swear NCsoft is just waiting for the right opportunity to refuse the sale, to be perfectly honest. :/

I wouldn't put it past them...

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25294 on: July 19, 2016, 02:56:41 AM »

I kinda feel like they've had more than enough opportunity to do that.  Also, we're not dealing with Mr. Burns, for christ's sake.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25295 on: July 19, 2016, 05:44:29 AM »
I kinda feel like they've had more than enough opportunity to do that.  Also, we're not dealing with Mr. Burns, for christ's sake.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25296 on: July 19, 2016, 06:45:51 AM »

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #25297 on: July 19, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
Who is this mythical Joshex person?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25298 on: July 19, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »

I'm trying to imagine what the "right opportunity" might be.  Although, that's some fertile ground.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25299 on: July 19, 2016, 08:07:52 PM »
Who is this mythical Joshex person?

If this forum was Cheers, Joshex would be Cliff.