Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7298107 times)

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #12700 on: October 17, 2014, 09:16:16 PM »
But we're not gone... All my chars are still there, still protecting the City... on autofire whilst I'm AFK for a bit... ;)

my characters have been roaring drunk...and no hangovers

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12701 on: October 18, 2014, 03:26:44 AM »
Removed a bunch of stuff regarding a troll post in a different thread. (Why cross post so I have to clean up TWO threads? Seriously! Stop that!)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #12702 on: October 18, 2014, 05:32:40 AM »
Removed a bunch of stuff regarding a troll post in a different thread. (Why cross post so I have to clean up TWO threads? Seriously! Stop that!)

Nah. We gotta keep you on your toes!
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #12703 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #12704 on: October 18, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »
Probably because those two threads are basically the 2 most active in this section? Probably because people are waiting for news and aside from the original troll post others were urging a sense of calm and an "official" response before getting people's hopes up...but that's all lost now.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #12705 on: October 18, 2014, 02:33:27 PM »
That other person started it!
*points in a random direction and ends up pointing at self*
What?! No i didn't!
So far so good. Onward and upward!

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12706 on: October 18, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »
That other person started it!
*points in a random direction and ends up pointing at self*
What?! No i didn't!

Did too!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #12707 on: October 18, 2014, 04:09:36 PM »
Did too!
Did knot!

(Many arguments become topologically boring, let's try to avoid that in this instance.)
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #12708 on: October 18, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »
Did knot!

(Many arguments become topologically boring, let's try to avoid that in this instance.)

Deed two!

Am I doin' it right? ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #12709 on: October 18, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
So, since both threads have become a bit stream of consciousness, making identical posts to both at the same time just to see what happens is not a good idea? I'm asking for a friend.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12710 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »

At this point as BT pointed out they are the two most active posts, maybe lock one until we get some new news?

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #12711 on: October 18, 2014, 09:38:51 PM »
Deed two!

Am I doin' it right? ;)

This just reminds me of something that happened in game once.  Was playing my elec/elec blaster, his concept was my main, for lack of a better word.  There were actually six if them by the end. All named Kid <insert something that describes powers> he was a teenage genius who created various power armors.

any wats, was running missions in the Hollows, had a couple random people join me, n of who was a kinetics defender.  No one had travel powers yet, and the first mission, he just beats me to the mission door and goes

Kin: "Ha! Beat you all here
Me: that's no fair you have siphon speed
Kin: to bad for you

So after that mission is done, we take off running for the next one, one of those early chain missions where the next one popped up when you exited.  I just barely managed to beat the kin def to the next mission

Me: ha beat you!
Kin: Did not, it was a tie
Me: Did to
Kin: did not
Me: did to
Kin: did not

3rd teammate: what are you guys, 2?!

Kin: Well, I'm not, but Kid here is.
Me: Am not
Kin: Are to
Me: Am not
Kin: Are to

3rd teammate quits team

Kin: huh... wonder what his problem was.
Me: No idea. But I bet it was your fault
Kin: was not
Me: was too

And we kept going back and forth like that for several missions... was loads of fun
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #12712 on: October 18, 2014, 09:45:19 PM »
That's awesome Battlechimp!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Weatherwoman

• Underling
« Reply #12713 on: October 19, 2014, 03:48:42 AM »
So I found the city info tracker and I looked through my list of characters and now I miss this game :(
Pinnacle Server - @Weatherwoman

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12714 on: October 19, 2014, 05:02:03 AM »
So I found the city info tracker and I looked through my list of characters and now I miss this game :(

Don't give up hope, we haven't heard any new news about the negociations with NCSoft for over a month and a half now so with each passing day, the odds we get good news is increasing! ...at least, that's how I see it! :P loll
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #12715 on: October 19, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »
Gotta have hope ! HOPE IS GOOD !
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12716 on: October 19, 2014, 07:11:43 PM »
Yes, hope is good.

Forever hope.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12717 on: October 19, 2014, 07:24:08 PM »
Don't give up hope, we haven't heard any new news about the negociations with NCSoft for over a month and a half now so with each passing day, the odds we get good news is increasing! ...at least, that's how I see it! :P loll

I'm of the same mindset as well.  I often get a good sense of confidence in something, and I was confident CoX was going to come back sooner or later.  It was extremely popular for a reason and it was a game that always had something coming up.  It also had a mission creator, something it's competition never had, and something for sure that some of its competition will never have(looking at you, CO).  It had more content then any of it's rivals and it just didn't stay still.

I like to look at CoX as the "Healthy old guy that shouldn't be in jail" as opposed to "a corpse".  Out of jail, CoX was doing his runs, situps and whatnot.  He spent his days just doing and making things while occasionally throwing a good party and he just seems to keep healthy all the time.  His rivals weren't nore still aren't doing so well as he was. 

CO has become utterly immobilized and angered many people with bait and switch trying to steal CoX's friends, while DCUO just has his own crowd that isn't the same nore as large.  Once CoX is freed from jail, CO will lose a few good number of those who are still falling for the schemes and will have to adapt and most certainly won't.  DCUO will have to start doing more again to, but then DCUO again has his own fanbase thats nothing like CoX.  Go figure.

City of heroes will be freed sooner or later, it's only a matter of time.

Edit: Corrected the last paragraph.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:31:08 PM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #12718 on: October 19, 2014, 11:31:37 PM »
Some folks are only playing CO for lack of a better option though i do prefer the tailor for the ability to have things like Bracers and gloves selected on a by side basis (and wonder if thats possible at all in CoX with some tweaking but thats not my point !)
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12719 on: October 20, 2014, 02:02:37 AM »
Some folks are only playing CO for lack of a better option though i do prefer the tailor for the ability to have things like Bracers and gloves selected on a by side basis (and wonder if thats possible at all in CoX with some tweaking but thats not my point !)

That even isn't even a good reason at this point with what they've done lately.  Honestly though it's half understandable at this rate.  For me, DCUO is the better option of the two, at least I can have fun with different weapon styles and i'm not averse to playing an action game.  It's just DCUO is made more for consoles, not pc, and it's audience is made for those who'd want a more fighting style game which is fine.

But CO's audience was the same people playing CoX and it's just caving into repeat bait and switch now, often unintentional, but now people are seriously catching on to it and also seriously mad at having lost 200+ dollars to a nerf.  Some ask for money back, even.  The game cannot survive if they keep doing that, and I don't think they'll be around by the time CoX comes back at this rate.  CO will shut down long before any of the spiritual successors or CoX comes back I feel, and it's just cause it's so underhanded like that.  It's a shame, but, it had only survived with CoX going down however temporary that shut down at this rate will be.  And now it cannot even survive on that crutch the way it is.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.