Author Topic: Sooo....  (Read 1644 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Sooo....
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »
Pretty much just me playing CO these days huh?

Tanked 1 of the uberest & new mobs in the game, got 3 of the hottest lewts, not 1 grats.

Just saying!

/em tumbleweedkick

Hang in there. CoH will be back someday.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Sooo....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:04:58 PM »
Most definitely not the last.

It's just that most people enjoying CO don't go "I think I will post in the little oasis in the die-hard CoH fansite!"
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

Tanked 1 of the uberest & new mobs in the game, got 3 of the hottest lewts, not 1 grats.

Just saying!

/em tumbleweedkick

I'm not playing CO as much as I have been in the past, but I did recently make  a couple of new characters. I'm not one for alerts like you, Xev, and I'm burnt out on the regular content right now.  I have a lifetime sub, and I make a point of buying the new outfits as they come out, and I'm opening the new lockboxes up to see if I can get the outfit in it. :D

Congrats on your achievement. :D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:13 AM »

Just saying!

/em tumbleweedkick

gratz. what three loot things you get?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:29:35 AM »
gratz. what three loot things you get?

The stuff I bragged about in my last posts *sigh*. And, I, one of this small but merry band, Tanked Frosticus, the insanist new boss mob everyone was up in arms about. ...It's all good.

Glad yer still playing, Kaos, just kicking the tumbleweeds..

Most definitely not the last.

It's just that most people enjoying CO don't go "I think I will post in the little oasis in the die-hard CoH fansite!"

Well where else would I post? The die-hard CoH fansite is what got me on CO and where I've been talking to people about CO since the beginning and with people that all used to play the last game I played. You used to make some good posts here too  : p

We used to have some decent discussions and I've learned a fair amount about the game here. I guess I always hoped/expected we'd grow instead of shrink due to, well, CO is awesome, and it seems active here at Titan still in general. It does seem like we're not all that active here in /CO lately though.

You guys are all good. Was just kicking some tumbleweeds. Being a pest. Not noticing how the posts from actual players have been getting less. My bad.

Regardless how inactive we are lately titan/co manages to pump out decent posts now and then. Especially the costumes/nemesisses. Thanks guys for letting me spread my Spam here.

The wiki is awesome btw. It just needs CoH to re-open.

Well, sheesh, I guess I'll stick with Replying for awhile  : ) Who knows, maybe we grow again. Could happen. Stranger things have. I'm not much on official forums since awhile now and am not even sure how I got started here. Just happened. After the guys in Other Games (great gamers over there!) got me into some stuff.. after CoH shutdown and I stopped using the wiki as a wiki and started wondering what other ppl that used to play CoH were up to - figuring we'd all be talking about CoH again someday.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:34:47 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:41 AM »
The stuff I bragged about in my last posts *sigh*. And, I, one of this small but merry band, Tanked Frosticus, the insanist new boss mob everyone was up in arms about. ...It's all good.

Glad yer still playing, Kaos, just kicking the tumbleweeds..

Well where else would I post? The die-hard CoH fansite is what got me on CO and where I've been talking to people about CO since the beginning and with people that all used to play the last game I played. You used to make some good posts here too  : p

We used to have some decent discussions and I've learned a fair amount about the game here. I guess I always hoped/expected we'd grow instead of shrink due to, well, CO is awesome, and it seems active here at Titan still in general. It does seem like we're not all that active here in /CO lately though.

You guys are all good. Was just kicking some tumbleweeds. Being a pest. Not noticing how the posts from actual players have been getting less. My bad.

Regardless how inactive we are lately titan/co manages to pump out decent posts now and then. Especially the costumes/nemesisses. Thanks guys for letting me spread my Spam here.

The wiki is awesome btw. It just needs CoH to re-open.

Well, sheesh, I guess I'll stick with Replying for awhile  : ) Who knows, maybe we grow again. Could happen. Stranger things have. I'm not much on official forums since awhile now and am not even sure how I got started here. Just happened. After the guys in Other Games (great gamers over there!) got me into some stuff.. after CoH shutdown and I stopped using the wiki as a wiki and started wondering what other ppl that used to play CoH were up to - figuring we'd all be talking about CoH again someday.
Good job on that tanking. See, not as bad as people been saying it was. It's routine. New boss, "oh it's too hard." then after a few people start to figure it out.

We'll probably grow again in this section. I haven't been active on this site as often as in the past as I'm mostly busy with tying up loose ends and readying for vacation soon.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 02:10:51 AM »
Thanks. Seeing as how not very many people were being picked to do that and the ones that were, weren't surviving too well, I was kinda proud of that.

Well at least there's the Rampagers channel to pick up the slack. Still say that's the best thing to come out of the new Rampages.

It's like in CoH we had whatever the general chat was called and on my server we had LB (Liberty) channel, which had more experienced players in it and so there were generally more conversations about stuff more experienced players were interested in. There wasn't really any LB type channel in CO that I've seen until now. Which is another thing that had me scratching my head, why no one was talking about it here. I didn't realize no one ... was here! lol

Some Faves:

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:13:31 AM »
I played it for a while, but I kind of lost interest. Not really lost interest, just kind of. Unfortunately, inertia took hold. I was pretty good at making the free costume and power options produce something close to my vision. Picking up a couple more character slots helped a lot. I still get ideas, too. I just -- can't.

It's a bit like my girlfriend dumped me and moved away, but her little sister is really into me. It's nice, and it was fun for a while. But it's not the same, and I feel a little dirty afterward.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 03:52:06 AM »
I'm still playing for Tanker Tuesdays.  We've got a few hard-charging regulars.
However, outside of that I don't play all that much.
Dragging characters to 40, and then doing everything all over again isn't as enjoyable when the game's content level is as shallow as CO's is.
I'm still having fun with TT though.

Come on down, stop on by!

http://www.tankertuesday.com
Game: Champions Online
Date: Every Tuesday
Time: 9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific
Location: In front of the Champions Building in Millennium City #2.
Chat Channel: TankHQ
Appropriate AT: Anything you wanna bring.  Pretty much anything in-game can tank.