Author Topic: Fire and Ice l33t strats: Condensed version  (Read 1181 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Fire and Ice l33t strats: Condensed version
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »
1. Destroy everything.
2. The things with arms and legs (there are 2) need to be destroyed together.
3. Loot.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Fire and Ice l33t strats: Condensed version
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:37:58 AM »
Step 3 is more important than some may think. I forgot it twice!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:49:54 AM »
Another Step: Unless everyone is constitution and has some solid mitigation and self-healing, tanks will be needed, unfortunately.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:35:53 PM »
Tank, singular. 1 tank. Out of 10 people in the team. For now.

To complete the toughest 'raid' in the game.

And, this doesn't change the strat above. How you choose to achieve said strat is up to you and your team.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
Nope... I was thinking in terms of the Actual instead of Totally Already Possible, before. My bad.

The toughest 'raid' in the game does not require any tanks.

Last night my heal target was an Active Offense Passive user in Hybrid mode, and, he was MT on Frosty. Even I can tank K. Blaze in Hybrid mode, no Bulwark, and a Defense Passive and probly an Offense Passive if I tried and I will when the time is right..

One thing Jag is always saying he likes about the game is the ability to think outside the box.

You don't need any tanks for this Rampage. You do need 9 other people that know the above l33t strat and can come up with a plan on how to enact it.

You, as in You, Mr. LaughingAlex. And as in me, and everyone else. Players did it 3 days in a row. Best luck I had by far was with Rampagers channel people.

If you don't like Rampages or are unsatisfied with CO in general... well... That will definitely make things exponentially harder.

Btw I would like to take this opportunity to brag on tanking Frosty successfully exactly Once  : ) Out of 1 serious try - meaning we had teams and a plan. And yes I was in Tank role with a Defense passive. I had agro not too far under 100% of the time. Was really proud of that. Frosty is a tough customer for now at least.

Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 06:30:55 AM »
Nope... I was thinking in terms of the Actual instead of Totally Already Possible, before. My bad.

The toughest 'raid' in the game does not require any tanks.

Last night my heal target was an Active Offense Passive user in Hybrid mode, and, he was MT on Frosty. Even I can tank K. Blaze in Hybrid mode, no Bulwark, and a Defense Passive and probly an Offense Passive if I tried and I will when the time is right..

One thing Jag is always saying he likes about the game is the ability to think outside the box.

You don't need any tanks for this Rampage. You do need 9 other people that know the above l33t strat and can come up with a plan on how to enact it.

You, as in You, Mr. LaughingAlex. And as in me, and everyone else. Players did it 3 days in a row. Best luck I had by far was with Rampagers channel people.

If you don't like Rampages or are unsatisfied with CO in general... well... That will definitely make things exponentially harder.

Btw I would like to take this opportunity to brag on tanking Frosty successfully exactly Once  : ) Out of 1 serious try - meaning we had teams and a plan. And yes I was in Tank role with a Defense passive. I had agro not too far under 100% of the time. Was really proud of that. Frosty is a tough customer for now at least.

Oh other things are definently a factor in my disappointment in CO in general, yeah, this game is generally failing to keep me entertained anymore, so it doesn't help that the new alert has the perceptions about it that it has.  The biggest factor for me isn't the "needs" for the alert, but the drop rates, I am not going to bother when it's RNG based and people are reporting doing 20+ and getting nothing, I'll try sky command since it's up but not gonna bother with anything else unless they change the drop rates.  At the very least I want that much.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
lol how did you like those Sky Command drop rates?

Well, this is a whole other story if you have a problem with the game in general.

If loot is your main problem with CO, then... well.. maybe I can help you out. You .. don't ... need it.

I don't even know how the loot system works. 9/10 times that I get a loot message I hit PASS because I don't want to deal with loot issues, and, the loot doesn't matter to me.

The first time I ever ran Resistance to farm it someone was cool enough to come with me and (try to..) show me the ropes. (He never showed me the *censored* trick..). Yup, sure enough, Dark Speed dropped. The person that was nice enough to come and help was also nice enough to offer me the drop. Didn't take it. I've never had a Dark Speed drop since then and don't really care.

That rare stuff that drops in the new Rampages is only rare for so long, too. Meanwhile, the whole rest of the game is the same as it was before.

To dominate most of the content in the game, that I've seen so far, you can just buy/earn what you need and for not that much. Well, and you have to be a decent player! Can't just log in Day 1 and rule all.

I'll get envy over someone's loot sometimes. But. I also know that if I play long enough I'll have the same stuff. Plus, the loot in CO just isn't all that uber. I mean, it can be, but, so what? I just don't need uber loot for the majority of things I'm interested in doing.

I do have my eye on a few things that are out of my reach, for now, and some ideas what I would do with them... Which is as it should be. To me. : )
Some Faves: