Author Topic: Since no one mentioned it. Farscape movie in the works.  (Read 1248 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: Since no one mentioned it. Farscape movie in the works.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
YAY.  As I'm currently watching Farscape (Just started on Season 4) this is very cool news.

Note to self: Acquire and read Farscape comics after I'm done watching the Farscape series and Peacekeeper Wars.

Tangent:  Went looking for Brian Henson because I remembered a Henson had recently passed away (John, not Brian.  RIP John.) and found out that Brian married Sloane... I mean, Mia Sara.  Good catch, Brian.  I thought she was going to make an excellent Harley Quinn on Birds of Prey, myself, but too bad the show didn't take.

TriNitroToluene

• Minion
  • Triumph Server....the few, the proud, the pantless
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »
No frelling way.   :D

Farscape is my favorite sci-fi series.  I just re-watched all of the episodes last month and was, yet again, saddened by the loss of the program.

I even went so far as to create some Scaper toons in CoX.  Don't tell anyone, it may have violated the EULA.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:29:51 AM by TriNitroToluene »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:22:08 AM »
I am tentatively excited, though I worry about these sorts of revisits as there is great potential to screw things up and completely lose the chemistry that made the original great.  Then it's like some sociopathic alien dug up the beloved family pet and possessed it, walking around in its tattered remains with poor pretense, turning it into a distasteful mockery.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
If the Crichtons are involved, that chemistry is going to be there in *spades*, 'cause Ben and Claudia worked together for both Farscape and SG-1.  They'll get into character as if slipping on comfy gloves.  I suspect the others they bring back, if they do, will be equally up to the task of being who they were in the show.

Only wildcard here, I think, is a poorly chosen actor to play the part of D'Argo Sun-Crichton.

Lothic

• Lieutenant
  • Like tears in rain...
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
http://io9.com/a-farscape-movie-is-reportedly-in-the-works-1529049248

Don't mean to be a downer but there's usually "a movie in the works" for practically any and every franchise you can think of and almost none of them actually get made in the long run.  Let's just say as with most of these I'll believe it when I see it - until then I'm not really going to be expecting anything from this.
CoH player from April 25, 2004 to November 30, 2012

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 06:14:17 PM »
this is what I frelling miss when I don't show up for a month...
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 02:02:06 AM »
Well that'll learn ya?