Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer  (Read 5068 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:13:09 AM »
For those under a rock or haven't seen this posted on every comic and movie site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM

Interesting way to introduce an entire cast of "who?".  Rocket looks great.

And here's are dear sweet little Amelia Pond, all grown up, bald and multi-colored?  Well mainly blue.

Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mental Maden

• Boss
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »
I'm not terribly familiar with the IP.  Is that the tone of the books?  It looks very interesting.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
Published two days ago, and it has almost 6.1 million views ALREADY.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »
Whoah, I'm SERIOUSLY outdated, last I remember from the Guardians of the Galaxy, they were a guy named Vance Astro, a diamond like fella named Martinex, that flying dude who changed gender for no apparent reason and a cool guy named Yondu who could teach hawkeye a thing or two about bow and arrow stuff.

I'm pretty sure those were also called Guardians of the Galaxy, will have to do some serious wikipedia research.

Anyway, these look cool, looking forward to the movie.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:36:34 AM »
Whoah, I'm SERIOUSLY outdated, last I remember from the Guardians of the Galaxy, they were a guy named Vance Astro, a diamond like fella named Martinex, that flying dude who changed gender for no apparent reason and a cool guy named Yondu who could teach hawkeye a thing or two about bow and arrow stuff.

I'm pretty sure those were also called Guardians of the Galaxy, will have to do some serious wikipedia research.

Those would be the future versions of the Guardians.  The movie version is based on the contemporary version.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
Those would be the future versions of the Guardians.  The movie version is based on the contemporary version.
But... The future version was published first, in the past...

Oh, now I've gone cross-eyed!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »
Hey, that verb is trying to masquerade as a possessive pronoun!  Get it!  ::the grammar police haul "are" away and interrogate it on the whereabouts of "our":: ;)

When I saw Drax I kept thinking that he looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to the partially obscured face without looking it up.  And didn't Drax have a head-fin or something in the comic?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 04:27:37 PM »

When I saw Drax I kept thinking that he looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to the partially obscured face without looking it up.  And didn't Drax have a head-fin or something in the comic?

Nah Draw doesn't have a head fin .  You might be thinking of Yondu, blue guy with a big red head fin. Who will also appear in the movie apparently. Which is a nice nod to fans of the original team, and. You have to figure its easier to stick in the one alien member of the original team rather than shoehorn or completely rework the other guys who were human, although genetically modifiec

I have to say out of all the marvel movies coming out in the next couple years, this is the one I'm most looking forward to.  Although I would have preferred the original team, especially because Vance Astro was always one of my favorite characters. Even though, after he got Captain America's shield, he picked a silly monikor of Major Victory.

Things I'd love to see from the comics that probably won't show up... love to see or have them mention Knowwhere , its the head of a sort of dead Celestial that's become a floating city in space they use as a base of operations. And since they have Rocket, it'd be awesome if Cosmos the telepathic dog showed up. He's a dog the Russians launched into space but the capsule was lost and he ended up gaining intelligence along with telepathic and telekinetic powered. If only to see him and rocket get annoyed with each other. And it'd be awesome if in one of the stinger scenes at the end you see one of the nova corp (they're the space cops who captured the Guardians) on earth meeting Richard Ryder.

So far from the things they've released about the movie, the only thing I find disappointing is that Korath the Pursuer isn't blue. :-)
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »
Trailer no. 2 is now available on the Guardians of the Galaxy facebook page, here!

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 09:36:55 PM »
Trailer no. 2 is now available on the Guardians of the Galaxy facebook page, here!

IS IT AUGUST YET????????

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 01:37:29 AM »

You can think of it this way.  Remember back when the Justice League became a comedy team.  Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, etc... It was still a great comic but in no way what so ever resembled the original JLA.  A huge portion of the comic was comedy relief.  Well that is what this version of GotG is.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 03:17:26 AM »
This movie will get my money.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 03:28:16 AM »
A lot of people are excited that they showed Knowhere, a decapitated head of a Celestial that is now used as a crossroads/spaceport/marketplace.  This means Celestials are part of the MCU.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 02:04:51 AM »
The less this movie is like the 'Marvel Now' version, the better.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 04:35:31 AM »
A lot of people are excited that they showed Knowhere, a decapitated head of a Celestial that is now used as a crossroads/spaceport/marketplace.  This means Celestials are part of the MCU.

I find it odd and a bit sad, after taking a look at a few 'breakdowns' of the trailer videos, not a single one of these so called comic book experts ever mentions that Knowhere is included in the trailer. That was one of my inner fanboy  squee moments. 

Now the question that rings to my mind is, will they embrace the goofiness of the Guardians and include Cosmos the telepathic Russian dog as head of Knowhere  security?

Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »
I love how, in the second trailer, the "Start Somewhere" card flashes immediately after the clip showing Knowhere. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »
I love how, in the second trailer, the "Start Somewhere" card flashes immediately after the clip showing Knowhere. :)
That little bit separated the hard core comic book fans from the casual fans when I saw the trailer in the theaters, I can tell you that much.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
Just found this...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »
I can't wait for it to hit the theaters. I predict a Mega Huge Hit.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »
That little bit separated the hard core comic book fans from the casual fans when I saw the trailer in the theaters, I can tell you that much.

Oh, sure...  I know about the time Juggernaut became a powerful sorcerer and took over an entire dimension, and I own most of the original run of Mazing Man, but not knowing about Knowhere and never having heard whatever lame Beatles song inspired the not-lame Rocket Raccoon puts me on the Casual side of this imaginary demarcation.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »
Well, you're just no true scotsman...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 11:51:54 PM »
Still can't believe that Ronan the Accuser is played be "The Piemaker".

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »
Somewhat apropos --

A Star Wars Trailer remixed in the style of Guardians of the Galaxy:  http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/23/5833632/star-wars-trilogy-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer-style

Enjoy ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »
Third trailer's out--don't have a handy link, but the best bit is at the end. :)

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »
I saw a 17 minute preview in IMAX 3D last night, and it was pretty sweet. Better than I'd hoped, at least from that small sampling. I wasn't even going to go see this in 3D initially, but now I am definitely going to do so. I haven't seen anything worth the 3D purchase since Avatar; they really got the depth and immersion so good with their remastering of this one.

Rocket had the biggest role in the snippet we saw, but everyone had their moments (including Groot, whose three-word dialogue still managed to actually showcase a range of expressions). Dave Bautista was probably the big surprise to me; his straight-man Drax was well done and had the single funniest line of the night. There was a lot of humor, but a lot of action as well, and the sets and costumes and characters all looked amazing.

Really looking forward to this one!