Author Topic: Heartstring Lockbox  (Read 3888 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Heartstring Lockbox
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »
http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1096741

Some of the stuff in the box looks good, but they really should knock together some missions to go with it.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
Re: Heartstring Lockbox
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »
I'll have to pry myself away from Landmark long enough to get that costume I suppose.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
*scrolls down loot list*

Been playing just about a year now and still haven't tried vehicles. They didn't make any sense at all to me when I first started playing.

Think as soon as I gear up my guys some more including 1 new one coming soon that I might finally give them a go.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 11:55:16 PM »
*scrolls down loot list*

Been playing just about a year now and still haven't tried vehicles. They didn't make any sense at all to me when I first started playing.

Think as soon as I gear up my guys some more including 1 new one coming soon that I might finally give them a go.

Vehicles have been in almost a year now and there's still almost no reason at all to ever bother getting one.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 02:40:14 AM »
Vehicles have been in almost a year now and there's still almost no reason at all to ever bother getting one.

Now I'm at the point of getting one to match the theme of a character. On the other hand, they make Lemuria a bit less painful to do as you move faster in the way on a vehicle than any other way.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
This is true. Still, it's kinda jarring that they were advertised as this really awesome thing that'd be amazingly useful to have, and then they're only really good for getting around the place very slightly faster.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »
Vehicles were just there when I started playing and I was like, why, and figured why blow coin on something that was bound to be abandoned like Tradeskilling.

Now, almost a year in, well, guess I should at least try them!

In EverQuest one of the first seemingly really off the wall things they did that I always think of when I think of vehicles is they put an arcade game, Gems, into it. It had nothing at all to do with EQ, It was just something to do to pass the time while a raid was getting put together or to curb burnout or whateveh. You just had to type /gems at the command line, in-game, to play it. Or something like this.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:38:07 AM »
I've been opening the new lockboxes in hopes of getting the archer's outfit (and the bow). No luck on it so far but I've gotten a couple boxes of Q and tonight I got the Heart Aura.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:26:54 AM »
I never open lockboxes. Don't you need keys? Keys sell for like 100G? I think I've seen the Archer set for 500-600G, lowest price, a few times now.

The heart aura is pretty cool!
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:23 PM »
I never open lockboxes. Don't you need keys? Keys sell for like 100G? I think I've seen the Archer set for 500-600G, lowest price, a few times now.

The heart aura is pretty cool!

Yeah, keys are relatively expensive in the game. They are used as a kind of currency in game.

There are two things I want from lockboxes that I haven't gotten yet: the archer outfit and the Dasher Sleigh. One of the reasons I'm saving the  boxes of Q i'm getting from lockboxes is to see if I can get enough resources to buy a Sleigh on the AH.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »
Let me see if I got it right. You're opening boxes with keys to try for the Archer set. When you don't get the Archer set you're hoping to get stuff you can sell for G's to the AE so you can buy the Sleigh.

Or, is the Sleigh something you buy with Q and so you're opening boxes of Q to get enough Q to buy it?

If you don't need Q... Sell, man, sell! Sell those keys. They are almost just like having G's. Sell 6 keys, wait for a decent auction, and you've got your Archer set. I dunno what Archer sells for in the AE but I know I've seen it for 600 in the Trade channel.

People snap those keys up. They're the main currency for anything over 250G for Silvers and there's a lotta trade in that market.

If you're trying to get Q. That's a whole other thing. Or is it? Hmmm now that I think of it.. Boxes of Q are only like.. 5 keys each.

If you have keys you're rich!

Tell me what I'm missing.
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »
Yeah, if you're buying keys and opening boxes for loot to sell most of the time you're better off just selling the keys directly. Unless you're lucky enough to get the rarer stuff three or four times for each ten keys (Highly unlikely, but does happen sometimes) then you're going to make more selling keys. On the auction house they typically hover around 120g each.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:29 AM »
Maybe. I  haven't done much with the auction house. I didn't know you could sell the keys on the auction house. I thought you had to sell them person to person which was why i didn't bother.

That, and I do like some of the drops like t he xp boosts and the legion gear. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 02:30:11 AM »
AE prices are what they are. If people are paying 120G for keys they just don't care how much they spend and I dunno how big a market that is. Could be huge could be not.

100G is normal for keys and people are trading them daily. Sometimes if someone has a ton of keys they may sell for 90G. Not a tough sell either way. It's not so bad trading with people. I got my best stuff that way! : )

I bet they sell easy enough in the Auction Exchange, too. You'll have to let us know if you can get 120 out of them. If not, dump them down to 100 and they should go fast.

Sounds like someone is getting a new Archer set soon.. (when you're full up on XP boosts and whatnot hehe)

btw I saw boxes of Q auctioned today for 250G. 500g was when they were still newish.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:38:37 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »
yeah usually I buy keys and sell half and open boxes to sell the stuff. Usually with each key used, I make about 600G for every 5 keys selling stuff like the gear mods bunch of level 4 and 5s. Then 5 keys I sell about 100 a piece or if I raked in lot of dough with opening of the boxes as low as 50 a key. Usually I buy them in sets of ten using a mixture of stipend Zen and simply bought zen.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 02:57:43 AM »
Sets of 10 seems to be the way to go.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 06:58:32 AM »
Just in case you haven't joined it already.. There's a /chanjoin Trade channel.

Picked me up an Eruption for 1/3rd the best AE price tonite from there (which was 3x too high) and saw your Archer stuff going for 5 keys.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
Saturday someone was advertising a Dasher Sleigh in the Auction House for 600 G. This morning I went on to see if I could find a sleigh (need for my Santa Scion concept character) and I couldn't find so much as ONE vehicle of ANY kind in the AH. I did find the Archer outfit going for about 600 g. I wanted to see what keys were selling for in the AH as well but I couldn't find any keys for sale either.

I was going to prefer going through the AH but maybe I should join one of the trade channels and see if I can do a straight key for vehicle or archer outfit swap...

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:43:21 AM »
Generally you'll get a lot better deal in the Trade channel. After awhile you'll start to recognize some names and get a feel for prices outside the AE. For stuff I buy a relative lot of and that isn't very expensive I'll use the AE. Stuff like newbie gear and not uber mods. Anything else has to be at a good price, which it generally isn't, so I generally get it from a player directly via trading items or G's. CO players are often up for item trades and it neeever hurts to ask. I've given and gotten great item trades.

You can do a straight swap for keys on tons of stuff. Lots of times it's the preferred way to go even. 100Gs is the rock solid price for keys. Any other price is someone trying to dump/hoard keys or make G's.

I like trading. I liked it in CoH and I like it in CO. The people that trade the most know all the prices and if you do too then it will make things lots easier. You can't get ripped off if you know what you're willing to pay (even if it *is* way too much, who cares) and check out the item to make sure it's the right thing before you hit the Trade button.

The names that you see all the time in the Trade channel with the best toys - they are pros and are generally good people to start with to see how things are done. If you're ever in a trade that makes you uncomfortable for any reason just move on. The same thing will be for sale by someone else eventually and maybe even cheaper. If you're polite and they aren't, that's their prob, just move on. I've never had a problem in CO with trades but that's my general policy.

Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:39 PM »
Got my Archer outfit at last. :D

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:27 AM »
I was able to get my archer set within a few days through clever trading of the auction, but also ended up with some extra sets, so I ended up with an adder bike, which is currently my main flag vehicle(ifyou can even call it that, doesn't feel right calling it a flagship).  Course the main vehicle will likely change with the upcomin vehicle changes, but i'm pretty happy with the costume pieces, quite flexible really.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »
What vehicles changes are coming?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 04:00:15 AM »
Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.1:

Vehicle Upgrades:

Existing Vehicles have been classified as "Mark 1". Mark 1 Vehicles may be upgraded to Mark 2 with a Tune-Up Kit which will be available from the C-Store. Mark 2 Vehicles have higher Attack, Defense, and Speed, and generally have improved Slots, as follows:

All Mark 2 Vehicles with the 10% Bonus have 8 slots (4 Weapon, 4 Support/Defense)

Mark 2 Hover Tanks and Chariots have 7 slots (4 Weapons, 3 Support/Defense)

Mark 2 Hawkwings, Grav Bikes, Exocets, and VTOLs have 7 slots (3 Weapons, 4 Support/Defense)

The Arrowhead and Adder grav bikes are classified as "Mark 2". New and existing Arrowheads and Adders will be automatically updated to Mark 2 stats, with no action necessary. In the future, some Vehicles will be released as Mark 2.

Prototype Hawkwings are not upgradeable.

How Upgrading Works:

After obtaining a Tune-Up Kit, take the kit and your Mark 1 Vehicle to a Vehicle Mechanic (for this PTS build, there is one near the Debugger), and use his store. Weapon systems and Mods will be removed from your Vehicle at no cost and placed in your inventory, and you will recieve a Mark 2 version of the same Vehicle. The new Vehicle will come with no pre-installed Weapons or Mods, and will be unbound.

Combat Speed:

Vehicles now have two speeds: Combat Speed and Top Speed. Like travel powers, while you are firing weapons, your vehicle is restricted to Combat Speed. A few seconds after leaving combat, your Vehicle will return to Top Speed. There is no ramp-up time to use Top Speed, except immediately following combat.

All Vehicles moving at Combat Speed have improved handling (Traction and Friction). Hover Tanks also gain a faster turn rate while at Combat Speed.

Combat Speed is activated by firing a Vehicle weapon.

In this build, Prototype Hawkwings do not yet have the Combat Speed adjustment. Expect this in an upcoming build.

Boost:

Boost has been redesigned as a toggle that drains energy rather than as a 6 second buff with a 30 second recharge.

Boost provides +40 Top Speed for Hover Tanks; +30 Top Speed for Chariots and VTOLs; and +20 Top Speed for Hawkwings, Grav Bikes, and Exocets.

A full energy bar will provide 4 to 5 seconds of Boost at a time.

Reload may not be used while Boosting, or for a few seconds afterward.

Vehicle Mods:

Vehicle Mods that previously improved Flight Speed now improve Flight Top Speed.

Vehicle Mods with +Armor Penetration now work correctly.

Vehicle Mods with +Max Ammo (Energy) now provide a fixed bonus instead of a percentage bonus.

Vehicle Mods with +Max Ammo (Energy) now increase Equilibrium as well.

We have investigated Crit and Severity Vehicle Mods, and found them to be working.

We have investigated Dodge and Avoidance Vehicle Mods, and found them to be working.

Gravity Pulse now has a 1 second recharge time between taps.

Incendiary Round is now capped at 5 targets.

Plasma Beam now shares stacks of "Plasma Shear" across ranks.

Plasma Beam's bonus damage for Plasma Shear stacks has changed. The first 25 stacks give double damage. Stacks 26-50 on a target give normal damage, and stacks 51+ have no additional effect.

Questionite Weapons Store:

Mk3 weapon systems are now available for 295,000 Q.

The prices for Mk1 and Mk2 weapon systems in the Questionite store have been standardized to 90,000 Q (Mk1) and 165,000 Q (Mk2).

Added Heavy Cannon Mk1 to the store.

Other Bugfixes:

Exocets (Mark 1) were not getting their full HP and resistance values. This is now fixed.

The Widow grav bike had some white detailing when ridden by male characters. It is now the proper black and red as it appears for female characters.

PTS Debugger:

Added a variety of Vehicle testing items to his store, including Mods, the Tune-Up Kit, and a selection of Mark 1 Vehicles.

Added the Mammoth, a Mark 2 Hover Tank to the debugger.

Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 04:07:39 AM »
Hm. Are they expecting a surge in vehicle use due to the new Rampages?

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 05:27:52 AM »
More likely they're expecting a surge in vehicle use because with these new updates they might actually be worth using.

I fully expect the upgrade kits to be just as ridiculously overpriced as the vehicles themselves, though, and thus for the whole thing to fall on its face.